Lost Girl Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Better than life... People always think that they're out, but they're always stuck... Is she really back to reality?

They said that Bo's dawning was happening hundreds of years early.

Not all fae are immortal, and some might die of "causes" before their 4 hundredth birthday when their dawning should be kicking in.

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I think they gave her a pass this time, because she used her Dark Bo powers to bring Dyson back to life, and everybody was so relieved that she hadn't devolved into a drooling Underfae that they were inclined to overlook how creepy she got for a minute there. No harm, no foul, so why rain on that parade?

But the incident clearly disturbed Trick enough that, afterwards, he went rooting around in his archives to figure out who exactly Bo's father is . . . .

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^I thought the Dark Bo thing was the Plan-B they talking about at the end. I got the impression that they knew Dyson would die, and were hoping she'd go all scary blue eyes and revive him.
    Yeah. I looked him up on IMDB after I saw the same name in both guest credits and while it didn't have his credits for Lost Girl, it did have his role in Being Human.

4. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ I thought so. He was pretty good in both.

That occurred to me, but it just seemed odd that nobody seemed to react at all. Good point about Trick, though; I thought that may have been the result of Bo debriefing him about the events of the Dawning.

5. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I have successfully gotten my best friend hooked on Lost Girl!:techman: Now, we just need to convert her husband. (It's strange. You'd think a hot bisexual succubus would be an easier sell to him than her.:shrug:)

6. Guy Gardener

I feel like they're always over selling how attractive Bo is.

Anna Silk is nice, no obvious deformities, but in-show everyone acts like she's Angelina dressed up as a smuttier version of Tombraider... I'm not that into Angelina either. Too plastic in the face area. I suppose if 90 percent of your fanbase is already having sex with realistically contouring dolls, it's only following market trends to appear indistinguishable form a life sized opposable action figure with semiworking genitals and bonus lodging areas.

But Bo is probably unwittingly pumping the room with military grade pheromones that has everyone overreact to her presence that she could look like Jane Lynch (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) yet still be treated like Marilyn Monroe in her heyday.

7. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Actually, in profile she's got kind of a beak nose...but she's got a nice rack and an awesome rear, so i tend not to dwell on that.

Meanwhile, Tamsin must DIE! Her and that stupid clown mouth of hers. She must die for possibly destroying what started out to be a nice, interesting canon lesbian relationship. Yes, I know. Part of that is Bo's fault, but we're talking the final nail here is all Tamsin.

8. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I'm a guy and I love the actress, but the show just bores me. Sometimes when there's no chemistry, there's just no helping it.

9. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Nahhh, Tamsin will be the reason Bo & Lauren get back together. The course of true love never runs smooth... in TV fiction. :p

10. The Borgified Corpse

Hmm. I suppose part of it is that, while I think Bo is hot, I'm really in love with Kenzi & the whole Kenzi/Bo dynamic. And I can see how some people, especially other guys, wouldn't find that interesting.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^Yeah, the Kenzi/Bo BFF relationship is a lot of fun. I love the Kenzi/Hale relationship too, so I've been sad we haven't gotten to see them together much since Hale became Ash.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  12. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ Haven't seen Hale much at all.

While I like the sexuality on Lost Girl, Bo isn't really the type of woman who appeals to me. Lauren is fairly attractive, but it's Kenzie who I really find appealing, and she doesn't really show off that much. Basically, despite the show's reputation for being sexy, I like it for the characters and the storyline.

13. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I think Bo is stunning to look at, though her voice and personality aren't as captivating. Lauren has a gentle, understated beauty and appeal that I quite like, but Tamsin is incredibly sexy and has great chemistry with Bo. And I've always thought Emmanuelle Vaugier (the Morrigan) was gorgeous. As for Kenzi, I've never quite gotten what so many other people see in her. She can be kind of fun, but her snark sometimes borders on annoying. And I've never found her face all that attractive, though she does have a very nice figure.

14. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I can't get into Kenzi Love because I filled my Crazy Goth Chick quota with Abby Sciutto.

Bo is stunning until she turns her head to the side. Then she's a woodpecker.

Lauren does have a quiet beauty...and she has charcoal prints of nekkid women hanging in her apartment, which makes me say "You go Girl!"

And Tamsin is sexy...until you get to the clown mouth.

Maybe, but I won't be happy till I see it happen. I don't care what chemistry Bo and Tamsin have. If I'm gonna be a shipper, I want my ship to be dominant.

15. The Borgified Corpse

I recently started re-watching the series from the beginning. (I just finished "Something Wicked This Fae Comes" last night.) When I got to "Vexed," which was the first episode they ever shot, I noticed that Bo looked & felt a lot different in that episode than she usually does. In many of the scenes, her make-up seems more subdued, there are noticeable lines beneath her eyes, her skin tone (and, indeed, the show's entire color palette) seems more desaturated, and her personality is much more cold & bitchy. Overall, I find her far less attractive in that episode than I usually do. For that matter, when I see the actress in interviews, I find her considerably less attractive than the character. Anna Silk clearly already has some strong genetic advantages. (It's like she took all the best bits from Kate Beckinsale & Jennifer Garner and smushed them together.:drool:) But, ultimately, I think it's a combination of acting, lighting, and make-up that give Bo that final WOW factor that pushes her into the stratosphere.

As for Lauren, I think Zoie Palmer has an underlying cuteness. She deserves her props for that. I just have such a hard time getting into the character. She's just lacking in personality compared to Bo & Kenzi & Hale & Trick. And when they did start making "super science geek" her actual personality rather than just her job in Season 2, it felt like a nice effort but too little too late. (Although, when she does go into super-geek mode, she reminds me of Lilith from Frasier. Coming from me, that's a definite compliment.)

16. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Don't forget costuming. Her wardrobe tends to push certain things up too.

17. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Did I miss something?

Who's death was Dyson investigating? The missing Twin? The guy from the premiere that we thought Bo kissed succubuskissed to death?

Did like the "wanderer" music playing in the background, when they were asking who's behind everything.

Did like seeing Kenzi & Bo, "back together" again.

Didn't like seeing Hale go so "Ashy" without explaining things to Lauren.

Is that guy she ran off with dark fae or just dark human. (he has to be dark "something". ;) )

Liked how wrecked Tamsin seemed, after "betraying" Bo in the last ep and (maybe??) losing Linda Hamilton in the process(isn't that character supposed to be a relative? :confused: )

18. The Borgified Corpse

I never noticed Anna Silk's beak nose before. I paid attention this time. They don't shoot her from that angle very much but it's definitely there. I find it adorable, if only because I have the exact same nose!;)

19. Guy Gardener

You understand that be "deformity" that I meant a third arm or red hair?

This heckling is baseless.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought this was a pretty good episode. It was fun seeing Bo and Kenzi investigating a stand alone case again. We also got some pretty good movement on the Bo/Lauren relationship arc, on the Tamsin arc and they appear to be setting up a big bad for the end of the season. I'm wondering if we will get to meet Bo's dad before the end of the season? They suddenly keep bringing him up, and I find it hard to believe they would do that if they didn't have something planned for him.