arrrgh!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rhubarbodendron, Jan 9, 2013.

1. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

You trace the wire going from your speakers to your computer; it should be plugged into a hole marked with the colour green on your computer. If it isn't then move it and make your computer make some sound and see if it worked.

2. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

Why do furniture drawers require 2 hands to open?!?! A significant percentage of the times you need to open them, it is to PUT SOMETHING IN. Which you will naturally be holding where? With your magical third hand? Between your knees? On your head?

Grrrr!!!! As you might imagine, I'm doing laundry, and I'm starting to think this injustice is why so often my folded things end up in piles around my room until I can't tell what's clean and what's dirty. :p

3. trekkiedane

Remove the two handles - put one back, but in the middle of the drawer... Problem solved.

Alternatively you could add a third handle in the middle drawer.

Sorry! - I mistook this for a problem-solving thread... not one for just "arrrgh!!!!!!'-ing about life...

4. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

^LOL! I was just about to tell you to stop trying to solve it and let me rant in peace!

Seriously, my furniture is all old bordering on antique. Changing the handles would a) ruin the look, 2) be way more work than I am willing, much less able to put in, and c) ... well ... there was a "c)" when I started typing. Oh yeah, the drawers are too wide and heavy for a single central handle to work well.

The solution is new furniture! Yeah, that's going to happen... :lol:

5. trekkiedane

I'll still try to solve it :p

Attach a cloth'y thing in the middle of the drawer -on the inside, let a part of it hang loose on the outside. -just ½ half an inch of it should do ;)

6. Ghost07

Ghost07 Vice Admiral In Memoriam

Here's what I did...I attached a cord to both handles on the drawers...Now I just have to grab the cord and pull (one-handed) :lol:

7. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

great minds :) but that spoils the look of the antique furniture. My solution: let your S.O. tidy up the laundry (or at least open the drawer for you)
    I did say something. (man, how I did! They propably heard me all the way up to Finland). All he said was "it's ok". No, it is NOT! I repotted both and it looks like at least the Dracaena will survive. The 35 year old Schefflera looks dead, though :(

There are rather few in Germany, I believe. This particular band is frowned upon because some of their texts are considered very right-wing. Even if it were my music (which it definitely isn't) I'd avoid them for their texts.

If you rub the sides of the drawers with (dry) soap, they'll slide much easier and maybe one hand will suffice. Otherwise, see top of post :D

8. Retu

Retu Commander Red Shirt

Well, there WERE two small earthquakes detected in the area around Helsinki yesterday. :lol:

9. rhubarbodendron

Hmm, taking the sound speed into calculation (I screamed on Friday), there might well be a certain connection. We also had a few avalanches in the Alps, I heard...

10. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

My rant today is against junk mail. The ones I hate the most are the letters from the AARP (I AM TWENTY NINE, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!), and the ones that look like legal notices or late payment notice or whatever and give me panic attacks until I open them only to discover that they are fucking advertisements made to look like scary shit! If I get a severe enough panic attack from one of those fuckers, can I sue?

11. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ You don't have to be retired to become a member of AARP, apparently.

That said, my gear grinder today is I got a call from the credit card company about some fraudulent charges coming from Guatemala. Yay. Now I get to go through the hassle of getting a new card, updating all my online billing, etc. etc. etc..... :klingon: At least they caught the charges before they went through, though.

12. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

sounds like a terroristic threat to me

13. rhubarbodendron

I used to get a lot of annyoing spam mails claiming that they could make my penis grow. Finally I replied I'd like to see them try that (I'm female). Haven't gotten any mail from that particular spammer any more, heehee :D

I keep getting those fake bills, too, but I never open them (far too risky - they might easily be virus-infested. I have a look at the header, check if I know the sender and if I don't, it's spam.

It seems to be credit card week: mine got locked yesterday after I made the third pin typo. Fortunately, it cost me only a phone call to get it unlocked again (and a $5 fee). One does have such a lot of cards and pins nowadays

14. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

According to the instruction booklet that came with my blood sugar meter, a normal range for fasting glucose level (no food for the previous 8 hours) is 75-105 (American system). I take Actos (Pioglitazone) for my type 2 diabetes and check my blood sugar about 3 times a week. Usually it's in the high 80s/low 90s, right where it should be.

I'm quite sure thestrangequark was talking about physical mail, not email.

Yeah, I hate the way advertisers try to trick you into opening their junk mail by making it look like a legal document or government notice. If I receive an official-looking manila envelope with important-sounding but meaningless quotes from postal regulations printed on it, I know it's just an ad.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  15. rhubarbodendron

oic. I get so few of these that I completely forgot about their existence. They are illegal in Germany unless you explicitly gave the respective company permission to send you advertizing material. The same goes for phone calls.

16. thestrangequark

Oh yeah, I'm definitely talking about junk mail, not spam. I envy living somewhere where it is illegal to send it!

17. mari

mari Captain Captain

I figured out how to get AARP to stop. Send back the enrollment paperwork with your name and birthday filled out, but of course no credit card info. Boom. No more mailers. Possibly even after I'm in the right age group, but we'll see about that in 20 years or so.

18. thestrangequark

^Brilliant!

I think they think I'm old because I have diabetes. They don't realize I have type ONE diabetes!

19. RobertVA

RobertVA Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm tempted to mail back the "Business Reply Mail" envelopes empty!

20. rhubarbodendron

LOL my neighbour just experienced and arrgh moment. Heard him through the wall (as did propably half of the town). I gather one of his cats hopped onto the Esc key while he was working.
    Morale of this story: save your work at regular intervals. Short ones.