Does this look like Data to anyone else in Star Trek XII cryotube?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by cosmicvoyager, Jun 9, 2013.

1. cosmicvoyager

cosmicvoyager Cadet Newbie

Greetings,

I think this is either Dr Arik Soong or an Augment ancestor of all the Soongs.

[​IMG]

1 - Arik Soong was a brilliant doctor of genetics in the 22nd century. He believed that Humanity's abandonment of genetic engineering after the Eugenics Wars was a mistake, and hoped to show that genetically engineered Humans would not necessarily become tyrants like Khan Noonien Singh. He argued that the source of the problem wasn't, in fact, the technology, but Humanity's own inability to use it wisely.

2 - Brent Spiner desperately wanted to be in Star Trek XII

If the Soongs are descended from one of Khan's crew, it would explain Arik Soong's interest in the Augments and the Soong's genius.

2. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

What is Data's head doing there when it's supposed to be under San Francisco?

CANON VIOLATION

3. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think it looks like Geddy Lee. :shrug:

4. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

1) By the end of that arc, Arik Soong's opinion of genetic engineering had been soured and he began thinking about artificial intelligence.

2) First I'm hearing about this. Source, please?

5. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I think we can all agree that RUSH must be preserved, for the sake of civilization.

6. cosmicvoyager

cosmicvoyager Cadet Newbie

1 - Okay, so I think that the person in the cryotube is Arik Soong's ancestor.

2 - "I am thinking more about the next Star Trek movie and more about who can I be in it. I did this character Arik Soong [on Star Trek Enterprise], not to be confused with Dr. Soong on the [TNG], this was his predecessor. And I would like to start a campaign, maybe right here tonight, its called BBS – Bring Back Soong. And I want you to flood JJ Abrams offices with that: BBS, Bring Back Soong."
    http://trekmovie.com/2011/06/29/bre...ata-bringing-back-soong-for-star-trek-sequel/

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I noted the resemblance the first time I saw the movie.

The interesting question is whether it was intentional.

8. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

Same here

Although someone else said it looked like Picard.

I definitely thought it looked like Data/Lore/Dr Soong

9. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Too much hair for Picard!

10. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's Data! Oh, just think of how much dialogue they could lift from TNG in the next movie...maybe they can have nuData say "The line must be drawn here!" Get it -- it's Data saying it this time instead of Picard! Wow, what a twist! Throw in some head crushing and mass destruction! Yeah, that's the ticket!

11. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Duh.

12. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Honestly, it's difficult to tell if he's being serious there. It definitely doesn't come of as Spiner "desperately wanting" to be in the movie.

13. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

They'll bring back Soong, but cast an Asian guy who looks nothing like Spiner in the part.

14. Belz...

Belz... Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In a finely-crafted cosmos... of my own making.
    Ooh... maybe Noonian Soong is Arik Soong is the REAL Khan Noonien Singh ! ;)

Data is the brainchild of KHAAAAANNN !!!