The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Nov 17, 2011.

1. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

From a purely teenage girl likes a guy point of view and as a gay man, I think Bella was an idiot and must be blind. Jacob is far hotter, has a body to die for-cannot get enough of him with his shirt off :devil: - and he's madly in love iwth her to boot.

Oh, and ya know that little thing that depsite being a wolf he's still alive. :wtf:

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Yeah, Jacob is clearly the "best guy" of the two for the fact that he's still alive and not a blood-sucking hell beast factors.

Which is all why I'm "Team Edward" if I have to pick a side.

Jacob is way too good for Bella and deserves much better.... which may or may not be the Demon Chest Burster Half-Vampire Hell Baby. I've no idea what she is like or if she's alive, dead, undead, or whatever.

Jacob should just hook up with Anna Kendrick, or hell, Alice. Anyone is better than the blank-slate that is Bella.

3. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Captain Captain

Not sure how they are going to deal with the whole imprinting issue, conservative groups might get upset

4. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    It is pretty weird.

I guess what I like about Twilight is the fact that I can almost feel like a silly teenager again whilst watching/reading it... without the drawbacks of actually being that age. :lol:

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The Titanic 3D rerelease trailer was actually shown before this movie for me. I thought that was strangely fitting. Both romantic flicks and both will end up with lots of money.:rommie:

6. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

As if James Cameron needs more money. ;) Has he passed Spielberg yet in terms of gross $$ in movie profits?

7. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I thought Jacob was a cooler character too. He was pretty normal, except for the werewolf thing.

One of the reasons why I like the second book/movie was that it had the most Jacob and Alice scenes.

I thought it would have made sense for Jacob to get together with Leah, that werewolf chick. But the author was determined to put him together with the weird hybrid baby. Whatever.

Not sure. But he really seems to love working. If I were him, I would have retired after doing Titanic and getting all that money!

8. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

remmber there not true werewolves there shapeshifters there's a difference.
    I love alice she's my favortie vamp out of cullen family. though I did like the make up job that bella got at the end, and she does have a nice ass. I wished for an R rating.

now what was bella's father deal with that painting in the being before the wedding?

all so I love the house keeper in the island house she was fantastic.

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I'll always think of them as werewolves no matter what the last book tries to tells me.

The makeup really was well done. Poor Bella looked like she was going to die at any moment.

This movie was never going to get an R rating. But I was glad with what we got. It was pretty intense at times, especially during the last 30 minutes.

Do you mean that painting of the dog in Bella's room? I thought that was so random. When did she start having an interest in art?

I thought she was pretty fun. The audience that I was with laughed at all her reactions.

10. timothy

now the four moments in the movie:

• okay the first one had to be when the wolves were arguing telepathical very cool.
    • two when bella was being turned and we got to see the vampirism spread through out her body twice.
    • and of course the birth
    • and finally the end where she opens her eyes was just awesome.

11. Trekker4747

Reading your posts gives me a headache, Timothy.

Anyway, I didn't like the telepathic talking "werewolves" thing. I don't think it played well, they should have just turned back into humans with Jacob and Alpha turning to wolves for their little competition there.

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

That part was pretty bad, yeah.

I had a hard time hearing what they were saying. They should have just argued while as humans like you said. The stuff with the wolves was something that only worked in the books. I'm just glad that scene was only like two minute long and not in the entire movie.

13. Trekker4747

I think what made it really bad was how... odd (?) the audio of them talking was. It was like listening to them talk through speakers that have been turned over so that the output part if laying on the table or something. It was hard to hear them and further sort of hard to tell who was really who beyond Jacob and Alpha Guy.

But, yeah, that scene just didn't work for me.

What was sort of funny -to me- was that I swore I saw a swastika on the ends of one of the logs, but later looks like it was just part of the marking/grading they put on the edges of logs.

14. timothy

well some indian tribes do use the swastica as a good luck thing. remmber hitler stole it from other cultures.

15. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The werewolf "conversation" was laugh-out-out goofy.

16. O'Dib

O'Dib Commodore Commodore

where?

that's cool that you wanted to share that with all.

17. Guartho

Guartho Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:guffaw:

18. Trekker4747

Ok quick question:

While the last two movies have been... better. The first two movies are, for me, just hard to watch through without RiffTrax, their pass is slower and the acting not quite sharp.

But in this new movie at the wedding reception one of the vampire extended family members gets all upset with not being able to forgive one of the werewolf kids and leaves the reception or at least the group Bella and Edward are chatting with.

What was the deal there?

19. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm a pragmatist. Getting a divorce is easier than achieving immortality, by a wide margin. The smart thing to do is to stay with Edward long enough to become a vampire and then dump him.

20. Guartho

Guartho Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

She was hot for Laurent, the guy the pack killed saving Bella in New Moon.