Does Voyager end up in its original universe?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Melakon, Apr 14, 2014.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I knew my life was incomplete, it was a hole just waiting to be filled.

(By Spike)

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

William the Bloody?

Was his churlish good looks enough to make you follow him to that shithole Smallville?

3. teacake

Just.. no.

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

There was *a* Janeway in Nemesis, so we know Voyager got home in Picard's never-ending Nexus fantasy, at least!

Seriously though, I have no idea. When ultra-weird stuff like "Year of Hell" (made even weirder by Seven replacing Kes in the jefferies tube, which brings free will across the multiverse into question, but that's another subject) happen with it's reset button weapon, and then we find out that what we have been seeing all these years is an edited Lyndsay Ballard-free version of Voyager... and how many episodes were really the Demon Planet duplicates?? *headache*

5. Guy Gardener

2 Demon episodes that they admitted to. :)

Meanwhile didn't you think it odd that the Borg where "wrong" in First Contact?

Either they were changed in TNG by Year of Hell, or the were changed in Voyager because of TNG Movie XIII First Contact.

6. teacake

I want the timeline where there was Voyager movies I-XI.

7. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    It was fine until the reboot with Pia Zadora as Janeway.

8. F. King Daniel

Damn you in any universe, Abrams! *shakes fist*

9. teacake

And who will play Chak opposite Pia? Will they ever find someone to give as masterfully planky a performance as Beltran? It seems too much to ask..

10. Guy Gardener

I used to think that Planck Constant meant something else.

11. F. King Daniel

Although it's fun to speculate on stuff like that, I'm certain the Voyager writers envisioned a single timeline being rewritten with each change made.

EDIT: Just quoted page 1 without realizing it. Oops.

12. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I'm sure that's the case, but when it comes to Brannon Braga or Joe Menosky, especially if they're working together on a script, I don't think we can be certain of anything. Both of them liked doing really weird stuff.

Edit: Well, foo. I walk up to the bank to check the balance, then walk back to the video store, and VOY Season 5 was NOT THERE! Someone must have beat me to it. All that's left are seasons 1,3, and 7. Then I looked for a specific Three Stooges short I wanted and they didn't have that either. And the water's off for repairs at the apartments, which means the cooling system won't be working properly for a few hours. Yeah, it's Monday all right.

Edit Part 2: It's 7:30pm, I've had a nap of three or four hours, and the water and cooling system still aren't working.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  13. teacake

I just watched the singing episode of Buffy. It has made me very happy.

14. Guy Gardener

That episode was the first time I had anything positive to say about Dawny.

"She moves like a ballerina".

I still don't know who Kate Nash is, someone the kids think is cool, but she did a small concert in a warehouse and without warning or any legal forethought covered the Buffy Musical.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO8AYPDYnC8[/yt]

The rest of it in no particualr order.

15. teacake

That's cool!

As to Dawny.. I'm continually impressed by the acting because I saw her all grown up in Mercy and she was AWFUL. Of course the character was also awful. But she is lit up and bright in Buffy compared to that dreariness. It's like she got all slow with age.

I take back every shitty thing I ever said about singing eps (which was as I recall mostly inspired by Sanctuary). But I still don't think Trek could have pulled it off, well VOY might have managed it with it's comedic elements and the EMH. Yes I can picture this as a holodeck event, maybe written by the EMH himself. But I can't even picture this in the other Treks, I think it would have been deeply embarrassing.

16. Guy Gardener

Was Mercy a cheap rip off stapled together after some soulless suit form across the road saw the pilot of Nurse Jackie?

"Okay, okay... Lets do the exact same thing, except make Jackie younger, hotter and not a Drug addict."

:bolian:

In the episode where no one notices Bashir sexually abusing his patient, "Chrysalis" the Jackpack teaches Serena to speack with a normal American accent through song.

17. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I'll assist in the derail. Buffy was an ok show but when Angel came out, I didn't look back. I'm not sure where I left off on Buffy but I remember that singing episode. Joss had a lot of original ideas with that show. I also came back for the (first) finale before they switched networks. Part of me wants to revisit it but I have a feeling it won't hit as hard as it did when I first watched it.

18. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

You're all derailing this thread because I still haven't been able to see "Relativity".

19. Guy Gardener

No, because Buffy is in Relativity.

You'll see.

One day.

Huge cross over.

20. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Didn't read the whole thread, but my opinion is that yes, it's the same universe.

As for timeline, I would say it's the original timeline that was altered permanently by certain things happening (events in Timeless, Relativity, Future's End, and most notably Endgame).

Same timeline, but altered by future-versions of themselves.

Anyway just my opinion.