Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Droid enemies can be killed mercilessly and still get a suitable rating for an animated show.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Yeah, if it comes from an IMDB board thread let's just say it shouldn't get more than passing attention. Until and unless big media outlets begin reporting possible leaked details from the upcoming film then I'm not going to do more than shrug and take anything with more than a grain of salt. We're still way too early in the process for any "news" to be worth serious consideration, especially when it comes from a source like that.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's about the next animated series, not the movie. Like others have said I won't believe it until I see it confirmed on another site.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah it's nothing to do with Episode VII but does take place 15 years post Return of the Jedi...it's a reported series bible, for an upcoming animated series. The date on the cover page is November 12, 2012. The poster who originally posted it claims to be an ex employee, he posted it in response to an article regarding Filoni working a new show I believe. He also made a quip about getting into trouble, but that he wasn't an employee anymore so he didn't care type of it.

I found it interesting nonetheless. It could be a real series bible, it has the look of one that's for sure, or it could be a really well done fan creation. But I thought it worthy of posting.

5. AviTrek

AviTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If he was at all a smart employee who wants to get future work in the industry he would realize sharing something like that will kill his future career prospects. So he is either incredibly dumb, or this is a fake. My vote is the latter.

6. cooleddie74

I'm thinking fake.

Of course, stranger things have turned out to be the real deal. But for now I'm leaning to - as Colonel Potter would say - horse hockey.

7. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought the ROTS script was a fake the first time I read it.

True story.

8. Admiral_Young

Fake or not I thought it was interesting in terms of the content...sometimes stuff does leak and we know that Star Wars stuff has leaked in the past, particularly the prequel trilogy scripts (I think all of them leaked IIRC). But yeah just the fact that it originated on IMDB had me cautious but my curiosity got the better of me. Also the fact that no one really else has picked up on it either means that it's fake or they don't really know about it yet...but it is interesting nonetheless.

9. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

USA Today has an interview with Dave Filoni about the few remaining Clone Wars story arcs. Looks like one of the arcs will be about Sifo-Dyas... which they have a trailer for.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2013/04/30/star-wars-the-clone-wars-animation/2122763/

Very interesting... Filoni also confirms he will be continuing to work for Lucasfilm in the animation department. There is also a quote in there in reagrds to Ahsoka that could be interpreted in a couple ways.

10. Admiral_Young

Yeah I have no doubt that Filoni will be working in some capacity on the next series...whatever it will be. He's earned that. That clip was awesome. I still think they'll show whatever arcs are left on Disney XD or release them on DVD eventually.

11. cooleddie74

That was a great interview and the clip was awesome. I'm looking forward to getting to see these arcs.

12. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well I'm hoping that what ever happens with Maul is in one of the arcs they get to do considering they set things up for a possible final showdown.

13. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Sifo-Dyas! I have to admit, that was one storyline I never even thought they'd have on The Clone Wars. But ti's the perfect venue for it.

I recall the author of Labyrinth of Evil saying that the information on Sifo-Dyas from that book came straight from GL.

Great clip, great interview. Disney still sucks.

14. cooleddie74

The story of Sifo-Dyas has needed closure for more than a decade. I was hoping that either Episode III or a Cartoon Network episode of Clone Wars would have delved a little more into his backstory and explained the mysteries surrounding his all-too-convenient death and his connections to the very beginnings of the Clone Army project, but better late than never.

15. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's reassuring that these are in the works but it's aggravating not knowing the details of how they'll be shown or released.

16. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I like the clip, but I'm not looking forward to them ruining Order 66 and probably a lot of stuff previously established by the EU about Sifo-Dyas.

We got some of that in Darth Plagueis.

17. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well I'm glad we finally got more news on this. It seems like at the bare minimum we will get half a season of great material. And since each season has been half great/ half little kid filler, it's like getting a full season!

18. cooleddie74

Books are one thing, and I knew that. You are indeed correct. On-screen to a much, much larger and wider audience who don't read the books or even know about some of them is different.

19. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

20. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Cummings was terrific as Hondo, but my vote goes to Witwer, who's just an amazingly good voice actor.