Young Justice, Green Lantern return January 5th

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's wierd, since most people I know don't mind Rayner. He's young has has 'tude. Why not use him? Afraid of being Ion?

Mark

2. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it is part of the retcon (forget the nineties ever happened) at DC. No more Wally, no more Conner Hawke, etc.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Lol, Bar-Soom.

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

From how it sounded to me, and given DC-Martian naming conventions, I suspect it's probably something like B'arzz O'om. But yeah, cute.

So if Scarabs come in multiple colors, it's quite a coincidence that the one Ted Kord unearthed just happened to be blue. Anyway, I liked the moment in the teaser when Atom and Bumblebee were inside someone's bloodstream doing the ol' Fantastic Voyage routine, and the mechanical antibodies started swarming out of the invasive object, and then I put the pieces together: "Oh! Blue bug-thingies! They're inside Jaime and that metal thing is the Scarab!"

One thing bugged me: the scene in the cornfield where Robin gave the others instructions telepathically. How? There were no telepaths on the squad. Who was linking them?

Also, I think that security guards in fictional universes should be trained with certain standard guidelines, such as:

If you see a monitor fritz out for a few seconds and then seemingly go back to normal, immediately go to that location. Do not assume you're still seeing a live image.

If you hear a noise like a rock or small object hitting the ground in one direction, immediately search for intruders in the opposite direction.

And so forth.

Meanwhile, over in 3-D space on Green Lantern, we finally meet Sinestro. A decent introduction to the character, who I assume will be playing a major role this season. I'm a bit surprised to see the spider aliens returning, since I thought they were from an incredibly remote part of space.

5. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

It was called Malacandra in Ostrander's MM. Similar nod imo.

6. Christopher

No, he's referring to the character name of the "Green Beetle" introduced in this episode, the Martian who had a Scarab like Jaime's.

7. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or the Martian getting green...

8. Christopher

For a moment I was wondering if the green guy was a Reach Green Lantern. But then he would've had the GL emblem on his outfit.

9. sojourner

For a second I thought he was Bug from the old Micronauts comic.

10. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

I found it amusing that Lexcorp Farms was located in Smallville. I kind of wanted Luthor to be sitting in the "Old Luthor Estate" in that town.

One observation though...does everyone on the Team know Superman's secret ID? That certainly was not the case 5 years earlier. I can believe that Dick and Tim know, as well as Bart, but Jaime probably did not.

Also, If Jonathan likes having his boys around, why is Connor staying at the warehouse? He has a home that he can return to.

11. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

pretty sure that Dr. Cross from the beginning of the episode is Pieter Cross AKA Dr. Mid-Nite.

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Arsenal's a fucking idiot. When is Godfrey going to show video of the team attacking the food plant? Next week?

13. Uncle Sol

Uncle Sol Commander Red Shirt

The Green Beatle links them. He mentions doing so during the fight scene.

14. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't care for GL in the beginning so I'm not super familiar with it only really having watched the last few but that looked pretty permanent. Do you think that will be the case or do they have some way to reverse that situation?

After Amethyst and Batman of Shanghai I was getting more interest in these DC Nation shorts and then Super Barn Animals or whatever reminded me of why I didn't like them.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  15. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

They got lucky; he was too busy making "Reach soft drink" commercials.

16. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Damn...
    RIP Aya. :(

17. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Green Beetle could be playing everyone...providing Jaime with an easy fix! :p

18. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought this week's episodes were both excellent.

19. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah this is definately going to push Razer even further over the edge.

I was wondering if it was symbolic that the flower that he showed Aya as a symbol of life returning to his home world was blue?

As for Young Justice...awesome as always. I kind of like that Nightwing is really learning that some of the lessons about secrecy that he no doubt got from Batman...can have a real cost.

It was intersting to see Connor stand up and publicly support Nightwing while quietly seething about the secrets. It seems that he is the only one that learned anything from all the hiding they did back in season one. Plus its a good bet that spending time with Clark and the Kents has been beneficial for his behavior.

One question though...with everything that has happened...WHERE IS WALLY?

20. sojourner

^Do you think he'll take the flower to The World Crime League?