Elite IV: Elite Dangerous due March 2014 !

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Eagle, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

Now at £1,128,991 with 4 days to go - it should make the target fairly easily despite my apathy.

2. Retu

Retu Commander Red Shirt

Elite: Dangerous just reach its target of £1,250,000 with 52 hours to go in the campaign.

Edit: And coincidentally, today is David Braben's birthday.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  3. Jim Steele

Jim Steele Vice Admiral Admiral

Quite happy to have been wrong about this. Very interested to see what a modern Elite turns out like.

4. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Thought I would revive this rather than start fresh. I have been watching loads of videos about this in recent days and I WANT this game so bad so glad release in December 16th I believe is not far off. Love the idea of it and the future updates with planet and station explorations + maybe even ability to spacewalk to make repairs all sound awesome.

Been looking at HOTAS for the controls and might go with the Thrust-Master as an inexpensive choice ;) So anyone still looking forward to this or took part in the beta's ?

6. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was a bit disappointed that they are making it always online. I saw quite a bit of anger about that around the place, even someone comparing it to the mess that was Sim City. Still very interested in the game, but I do wish that games wouldn't make SP require a constant online connection.

7. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm impressed by the scale of this game and would love to play it, but unfortunately I don't own a decent PC at the moment, and don't really have any intention of dropping £500+ on one in the foreseeable future. Here's hoping that they'll move forward with a PS4/XB1 port at some point.

8. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

The new crop of space sims like Elite IV and Star Citizen has me seriously considering buying a desktop PC again because i've been itching for a good space combat game with modern technology.

Since PS4 ports are unlikely it's PC (and there is something a true flightstick can bring to gaming that a gamepad never will).

I have a 4 year old laptop which is fine for internet browsing and data storage but gaming wise it's now on the low end (not that i game that much anymore but when even turn based strategy games play at medium setting at best it may be time).

9. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Just brought it and installing now...can't wait ;)

10. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

I put in a backing pledge just as the campaign was nearing its target way back then. I didn't actually know about it until reading about it here.

I've since played the Alpha and all the Beta and the first Gamma stages, and am having a go at the release version now. It's been quite a journey to see the game evolve from a space flight demo shooting radioactive waste canisters, all the way to a reasonably featured space travel and fighting and trading game where one can even fly all the way to the Galactic Centre and back (ahem). I for one can't get enough of it. Once they start development on planetary landing and leaving/walking around the spaceship, things are going to change even more.

There's currently a cash prize contest for the first player to reach Elite in any or all the disciplines of combat, trade and exploration, the main rules being that you fly in open play (and so be at risk of being blown up by other players) only, and you start a brand new game at a basic level. Seeing as they kindly let us Gamma players keep our saves for launch instead of wiping them, I'm glad to say that I'm not taking part in that particular contest - as otherwise I'd have had to give all of this up:

[​IMG]