Another fan attempt at TOS deck plans

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Shaw, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

So, anyone wanna take odds on us seeing anything resembling the final product?

2. Captain Robert April

Okay, how do the nacelles fit on this puppy?

3. CuttingEdge100

CuttingEdge100 Commodore Commodore

Captain Robert April,

They're attached to the pylons..

4. Captain Robert April

It's a matter of specifics. Shaw's, Sinclair's, and Casimiro's plans all deviate to some degree on the positioning and size of the nacelles and the pylons. It's the key reason why I've been holding off until Shaw finished with his drawings, but this is looking like that French guy in Trekkies 2 who got as far as page 38 on a forty page comic book, then abandoned it to find something else to do.

5. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

Look guys... this project has been put on ice by my wife. It seemed to be the root cause for one of the members of this forum to start prying into my private life and posting information that could have effected my business.

Not only was that against TrekBBS rules, it was pretty scary too. So she has every right to say no more. From what I can tell, that person is still a member around here, so she has asked me not to hang around here while he is still around. And she has every right to ask that of me too.

Now... it has been more than a month, and she is most likely less freaked out about it, but I'm not going to push the issue with her right now. Funds came in for hosting, so I re-uploaded the images for this thread. But that is as far as it is going for a while.

If you guys want to talk about this more... ask aridas for the link to his site. I post there every so often. :techman:

6. AJBryant

AJBryant Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Holy crap, brah, that is... wrong!

I don't know what the hell happened, but someone needs a kick in the head for doing that.

Hope things are going well for you.

Tony

7. Captain Robert April

Jeez...and folks say I get intense.

Y'know, you could always just PM the link to me, instead of having to bother Aridas (who also seems to be MIA these days...)

8. TIN_MAN

TIN_MAN Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is aridas' site supposed to be a big secret or somethin? :wtf: I lurk around there alot, but I don't wanna PO anybody by sharin the link here? If it's cool then I'll be glad to help, but only if? :confused:

9. aridas sofia

aridas sofia Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

aridas is at the base of El Capitan, literally in Spock's (rocket) boot steps. So it's somewhat amazing that I could even pull a signal. Must be getting it from the lodge...

Anyhoo, ask and ye shall receive and all that stuff:

http://federationreference.prophpbb.com/topic370-100.html

10. Captain Robert April

Now that is what I call service. ;)

One quibble, though. The link is to a thread about Shaw's recreation of the three-footer, not drawings of the eleven-footer.

11. Captain Robert April

Okay, time to nip this in the bud so I can get back to filling in this hull.

How accurate is the nacelle size and placement in this one?

[​IMG]

12. Captain Robert April

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?

13. Captain Robert April

Pat, I'd like to buy a vowel....

14. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

Fine... it is all raw data at this point (that I haven't had a chance to cross check against all my other resources, so there is most likely a lot of errors), and I'm not going to invest a lot of time in it any time in the near future as I'm working on other projects. If you can discern anything of value from this, great... otherwise, you'll have to wait until I've finished my other projects if you want something clearer than this.

Besides... I thought you said you didn't think much of my research. Why would you keep asking for more? :wtf:

15. StarCruiser

StarCruiser Commodore Commodore

It looks correct to me, but I don't have any direct reference on hand, just my eyes...

16. Captain Robert April

When have I ever said anything nasty about your research? I've only asked if you really want to turn into another one of the data hoarders, going "I know something you don't know, nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah!" But I've always held your research in the highest regard, mainly because you've never been afraid to share it!

No matter, this should be enough for me to start up again on my end. I thank you, sir.

17. felixofgolden

felixofgolden Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Don't worry. He just doesn't seem to take criticism well. I got lambasted by him on this very thread for similar reasons. Funny to see it happen again though.

18. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Okay, bring this to a screeching halt now, guys ...

19. felixofgolden

felixofgolden Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

So Shaw makes another unfounded attack on another member, I point it out, trying to tell Mr. April that it's not him, don't feel bad, and I'm in trouble?
    Just because Shaw's posting pictures doesn't mean he can make someone on the board feel like they've said something wrong and have to apologize for nothing whenever he feels offended, as just happened.

20. Captain Robert April

Let it go, not worth the aggravation...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.