Lost Girl season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JanewayRulz!, Nov 9, 2013.

1. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

But didn't Lauren refer to a secret past last year?

At least they didn't make her yet another victim running from an abusive parent/spouse after he/she beat her and/or she killed him/her.

2. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I've been enjoying this extra wrinkle in Lauren's story. At the very least, it means we got to see her as a redhead. Vast improvement!:techman::drool:

And she was a super-badass when she realized that she & Crystal were kidnapped over fae bullshit rather than her terrorist past. Granted, she completely misjudged the actual person on the other side of that wall, but she still handled it like a boss.

(I also think that Lauren has misjudged Hale a bit. I don't think he would ever stoop to locking her in a room, chaining her up, and giving her cryptic instructions Saw-style. Hale, while unwilling to allow Lauren to pursue non-fae-related side projects, seemed generally more progressive than that. Threatening to kill a hostage would have been more Lachlan's thing.)

I liked that Lauren was immediately able to see the parallels between Crystal spy-banging her and when Lauren spy-banged Bo back in "Vexed." (Was "spy-bang" even a term before Kenzi said it back in Season 2?)

I don't like how they're trying to push Kenzi/Hale as a thing this season. I can kinda see Hale being attracted to Kenzi. (He's a guy. She's hot. Of course he's going to be at least a little attracted to her.) But on Kenzi's side, I keep getting a bit of a just-friends vibe. I think there's way more heat between Kenzi & Dyson than between Kenzi & Hale.

Heck, I'd be more interested in seeing Kenzi & Bruce hookup. I love Bruce. Anyone who likes Kenzi that much is OK in my book.

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Yeah, that was a nice bit of continuity, and it kept Lauren from looking like a hypocrite--which she would have if she'd gotten all indignant about it.

4. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I agree. It reminded me of how quickly Bo got over Kenzie's thing with Dyson. Moments of actual adult behavior are so rare on TV. :rommie:

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

This season was a bocth.

No clear villain with clear purposes.

Just crazy shit doing crazy shit.

And looking at what Bo was wearing most of the time, it like she's forgotten that there is a real world. I could honestly mistake her for a theatre major half way through a production of Mid Summer Night's Dream.

6. The Borgified Corpse

Exactly. Although, what Crystal did was marginally worse. She totally lied about who she was and who she was working for. And she still helped them kidnap Lauren! Whereas Lauren wasn't really spying on Bo. She was just distracting her long enough for Vex to get out of town.

7. JanewayRulz!

Lauren is a Star Trek Fan! :bolian:

Lauren is kissing the Morrigan? :wtf:

Lauren, you sly dawg! :p

What do you have up your sleeve??? :vulcan:

8. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Forget Lauren! What's the Morrigan planning? And what will Bo do when she finds out the Morrigan's kissng all over her female main squeeze?

9. JanewayRulz!

The Morrigan is planning to stab her knife deep into Bo's heart and twist it just for FUN the first time her dark Succubus steps out of line by discussing Lauren's kissing technique.

Can't wait for Tamsin to grow out of her teenaged phase, since this old girl only understood about 40% of the text message Tam-Tam left for Kenzi.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm in my 20s and even I couldn't follow all of Tamzin's text to Kenzi.
    A good episode. Very curious to see what is going to happen with Lauren and the Morrigan, that is a very interesting development.
    I can't remember, did Bo and Lauren break up? I was surprised when she was all over Dyson.
    I'm a big Kale shipper, so the ending of this one made me very happy. I wonder if this means they're actually going to be together now?

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I want Tamsin to grow up because Rachel Skarsten is far sexier as a sarcastic bad girl than in her Birds of Prey-style innocent little girl mode.

It has been made clear in previous seasons that monogamy is simply not an option for a succubus. One human simply can't provide enough sexual energy to keep Bo alive. Lauren herself came to terms with that some time ago. Bo loves Lauren, but she also sleeps with Dyson and various other people.

12. RJDiogenes

Hale and Kenzi! About time. :bolian: But now, Hale is dying or something. Of course.

That whole thing with Lauren and the Morrigan was surreal. Nice to see that Lauren is up to something.

13. The Borgified Corpse

Bo & Lauren had kinda been on the rocks ever since Bo missed Lauren's science award banquet thing back in "Faege Against the Machine." Then, I think Lauren suggested that they take a break some time around "Delinquents" or "Adventures in Faebysitting."

Then, when Bo was reunited with Lauren in "Let the Dark Times Roll," Bo seemed to want to pick up where they left off but Lauren kinds put the breaks on it.

Honestly, I think this is part of why Bo/Lauren is doomed. Despite their immense sexual chemistry, I just don't think they're ever on the same wavelength mentally. They're trying really hard and I'm just not sure that it should ever be that much work.

Still, I was surprised that Bo & Dyson were casually hooking up without a great deal of fanfare. "No Dyson" was the one & only rule Bo & Lauren established when they agreed that it would be a semi-open relationship back in "Fae-de to Black." And considering how deep & complicated their feelings for each other tend to get, I'm surprised that they would let it get that far.

Huh?:wtf:

[​IMG]

14. Christopher

Well, it was either Kale or Henzi, I guess.

15. RJDiogenes

They could be Halken, but then the Empire would have to destroy them for their dilithium.

16. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Did the Una Mens not recognize Trick as the Blood King? If so, why not? Didn't they know him personally?

17. The Borgified Corpse

I know that they're both totally screwing each other behind each others backs (figuratively). But I still think that Lauren has way more chemistry with the Morrigan than she does with Bo.

And I want my own case of Dark Belch!

18. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Absolutely. Team Laurrigan is now a thing.

19. JanewayRulz!

Dyson you Dawg!

(Pun intended :p )

In the pilot he was kissing Kenzi, by the third (?) ep he was "in the ring" with Bo, and technically last night he was (in Bo's imagination) in bed with Lauren.

Yowza!

It was nice to see how Dyson and Trick hooked up (in the classic sense, not the modern slang sense), but I'm wondering about this wanderer back in the 19th century. Why did he want the shoes, and if the Una mens want them, are they his agents or is enemy?

Was Vex the prince in Bo's trip down Dyson's memory lane?

20. Christopher

I did think he looked a bit familiar, but I have trouble recognizing faces when their hairstyles and contexts are radically altered. I never would've recognized "Angel" as Ksenia Solo if not for her voice. I'm much better at voices than faces.

Ah, okay, I checked IMDb, and it lists Paul Amos as "Vex/Prince Felipe III." I didn't even know that the actor who played Vex was named Paul Amos. I don't keep track of the supporting cast that well -- I don't think they usually show most of their names in the Act One credits anyway.

Although Zoie Palmer was quite easy to recognize as Flora. And I really liked her performance. She did a good job creating a very different, livelier character than Lauren. She's a better actress than I realized. Although she's terrible at lip-synching to a song -- I think that was her actual voice, recorded separately, but she just mouthed along with it, not giving any semblance of breathing deeply or projecting or putting any feeling into it.

What I wish they'd done was to save Trick's appearance until after we'd seen some of the familiar cast members playing different roles. That way it would've been more of a fakeout -- we were expecting someone else who just looked like Trick, but surprise! It really is Trick! Actually it did work that way, because Cassie had told Bo that she'd see familiar faces in new roles, but it would've been even more effective if we'd seen some legitimate examples before the fakeout with Trick.

I was unclear on why Bo needed to go into Dyson's memories at all, given that he was just able to tell Kenzi what happened. But there was that line at the end about Dyson having forgotten this until Bo refreshed his memory. That doesn't make it less confusing, though. Why couldn't he remember?

Still, while I'm not a fan of the "virtual/dream landscape based on familiar sets and cast members" trope, at least this time they came up with a somewhat credible excuse for it, that Bo's and Dyson's memories were blending. And really, most of the time I barely even noticed that they were using the standard sets.