Superman 2 Donner Cut: Something I Just Noticed

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by GeorgeKirk, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Despite its flaws, the Lester version is far superior, imo.

2. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

I prefer using neither ending. Just use the Donner cut, but end the movie when Superman leaves Lois on her balcony and flies off. (Or if you prefer, cut directly from there to Superman visiting the White House and then flying off into space.)

There's no reason for them to do a reset that has Lois forgetting Superman's identity. Any such reset is a dramatic cheat IMHO. Yes, leaving her memory intact screws up the continuity on the following movies, but the following movies are stupid anyway.

3. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I hate the Donner cut.

4. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

I prefer the Donner cut, with the realization that it is not and, at this point, cannot be finished.

5. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I prefer the tone of the Donner cut, which I suppose leads me to prefer that version in general, but I'm terribly mixed on the whole thing. I love the scenes with Brando, but it's certainly a film with problems. There are a lot of awkward audio issues (poor dialogue dubbing and reusing the same handful of cues from John Williams' score for the first movie over and over and over again) that are really distracting, too.

6. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed, but ruined by the Clark hair continuity issue.