Revolution - season 1 part 2 -

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by DarthTom, Jan 7, 2013.

1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

They do seem to have a slight issue with geographic/temporal relationships in this show. Still watchable, though. Miles is getting pretty dark and I SOOO want Neville to get clipped. He really ought to not get too smug. He's a little too new to the GF and too many people on both sides want to see him hang.

2. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Monroe is SOOO boring and uncharismatic..how did he take control of a whole Republic in the first place?

While you're right about Neville &being smug...he ought to assassinate Monroe and take his title...scratch off a line on the logo for the Neville Republic!

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't hate Monroe as much as a lot of people do, but I do have to admit that Neville would be a much more interesting Big Bad.
    As for the episode, I thought it was pretty good. It was interesting seeing Miles & Rachel back when he was still with the the Republic.
    I was shocked when Rachel didn't help the kid, but I think it really was the smart move. On top of what she said, it would probably create a pretty bad situation for her and Aaron. If word got out about what she did, then they would probably end up with tons of people after them.

4. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What an exciting murder mystery. Zzzzzzzzzzz

Still two more to limp through on the season. Maybe they can end on a high note and improve next season but I can't say I'm very confident at this point.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Rachel figured out that Aaron is hopelessly in love with her, decides to commit suicide in 6 or 7 hours, and doesn't take him to heaven before she checks out?

What a bitch.

6. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe she is still pining for Jamie Lannister from her time on Lost?

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really enjoyed this episode. I didn't expect Miles friend to betray them, I liked him.

8. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I agree. I think this episode was solid. Only character that seems odd is Randall Flynn played by Colm Feore - first he's the bad ass defense dept guy that turned off the lights.

But in this past week's epsiode he seems like a coward next to Monroe. What gives?

9. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice to know If i put my lawnmower away for 15 year with a full tank of gas, it will work fine... Seriously let just syphon 15 year only gas from other helicopters it will work fine. LOL

Also, how long does it take to drive from Philly to Atlanta.. The timing and distance feels all wrong with this show.

10. DarthTom

13 hours if you don't stop

On the gas thing - Ricks group, in The Walking Dead not only are able to find gas months/over a year after the zombies show up - but also keep the car clean, and mow the grass at the prison.

These kind of nitpicks don't bug me.

BTW, a little reserach yielded this:

Fuel 'bladders,' will also greatly increase how long gasolinei s viable
    [LEFT]
    Also, regarding Jet fuel for Monroe's drones - it lasts forever:

[/LEFT]

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  11. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

13 hours if you don't stop.. but i'm sure not all the roads are clear and many grown over.

Also no gas stations to refuel, unless he used multiple vehicles or had a big ass gas tank.

Lastly, people on the way would be like WTF a working car? and try to stop and get a hold of it. (kind like the Tom Cruise movie War of the Worlds)

As far as the Walking Dead there should be plenty of gas because the living polulation is not there to use it all, unlike Revolution, where there is a population sure, they can't use it for cars but you have to figure it's pretty scarce because people would use any flamible fuel they can find to heat powerless homes and buildings.

12. 137th Gebirg

There are a bunch of "survival" shows on A&E, History, NatGeo, etc., that explore wood-burning gassifiers, animal fat rendering, distilling and other procedures by which you can acquire and use a viable natural fuel source so long as the vehicle is in relatively good working order. And since we've already seen some steam engines, it would stand to reason that some people may be able to successfully convert various vehicles to steam power. Not a big stretch.

13. DarthTom

There are definately practical problems with him getting there in 13, 15, even 20 hours based on some of the obstacles.

You have to wonder though, in the Revolution world without power- what shape the fwy system would be in for someone to travel solo down it and would people have thought to scavange the underground fuel tanks at gas stations when the cars don't run? Also, do those tanks keep gasoline viable for a long time and are they treated with those chemicals to last longer.

But I get ya - lots of, 'suspensions of disbelief,' for that roadtrip.

There are always the magical nanites to solve any problem. ;)

14. 137th Gebirg

I'd be more worried about collapsed bridges than anything else. Yes, concrete roads would be cracked and overgrown, but I suspect would still be relatively passable.

15. Lyon_Wonder

Lyon_Wonder Captain Captain

I wonder if there’s “assimilated” cyborg zombies in the tower too?

16. DarthTom

Phili is pretty much a straight shot down the i-85 fwy system to Atlanta.

17. 137th Gebirg

You mean I-95? Again, lots of bridges and overpasses along that corridor, especially around Baltimore, DC and Richmond. If any one of them collapsed onto the road, or gave out underneath the road, 13 hours could easily be doubled.

18. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

But with enough zombies stumbling around, I'd think some of them would accidentally start a fire and blow up gas stations or something like that...

Also the living might well try to start fires just to keep the zombies away.

19. Lyon_Wonder

Lyon_Wonder Captain Captain

Highways in the Georgia Federation would be in better shape do to their use of steam-powered vehicles. The Georgia Fed likely has horse-drawn and steam-powered road construction, concrete and asphalt paving equipment to keep their highways maintained. Though I imagine they'd prioritize and the primary surface roads between towns and cities would get the most maintenance.

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  20. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

I noticed in the credits they had Glenn Moshower, i believe we see a glimpse of him in the episode when they show the backside of 4 people in the tower looking the the monitor of Randell trying to get in.