The best romantic DS9 episode

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by DS9forever, Feb 14, 2012.

1. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

What are your favorites of DS9's many romantic episodes? I would say "His Way", although you could count "B" stories as well.

2. Miss Lemon

Miss Lemon Commodore Commodore

For me, Rejoined.

Nothing gets to my heart like a tragic love story.

3. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

ewww the thread title just reminded me of Odo's nipples

4. toughlittleship

toughlittleship Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've always been quite partial to "Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places".

5. BennyRussel

BennyRussel Commander Red Shirt

Right around the corner. Just across the track.
    Keeping in mind, you said "Romantic" not necessarily "Good"

"Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places",
    "Change of Heart",
    The One with the Female Ferengi Disguised as a Man
    "Fascination"
    "Melora"
    "Heart of Stone"
    "You Are Cordially Invited"

6. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

Well...the title does say "best", so....

If we're going "tragic"--"Profit And Loss". It shows Quark's inner good guy--and the fact that he's willing to let it show for Natima.

I loved "His Way".

A lighter direction--well, as you allow subplots, "The Dogs Of War", with Ezri/Julian coming together.

Let's see...I forget the title, but the one where Sisko meets the girl who's an imaginary self-image of another woman....

I'm sure I'll think of a few others, in time.

7. Worf'sParmach

Worf'sParmach Commander Red Shirt

When it comes to Trek romance, its always easier to name the worst. That said, i love "Change of Heart" I think Worf and Jadzia really were at their best in that one.

8. Navaros

Navaros Commodore Commodore

Crossfire by far. That's the best Trek romance episode ever.

The one with Quark's Cardassian woman is also quite good. I've seen some people criticize Quark's chemistry with her, but their chemistry is great IMO, at least from Quark's end.

Some of the episodes listed in other posts in this thread are horribly unwatchable, especially Melora and Fascination, both of which are easily among the worst Trek episodes ever.

9. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I quite like The Forsaken, Lwaxana Troi, of all people pursues Odo, and he breaks down (literally) because he doesn't have a bucket to rest in and can't bear to be seen breaking down. Lwaxana, as vain is she is, takes off her wig, to make Odo feel comfortable, and she holds him in her skirt for 8 or so hours.

Lwaxana is not my favorite character (she's generally beyond annoying), but, the Romantic themes of this episode are beyond reproach, IMHO.

It's been about 5 years since my second watch, and I'm currently watching a third time (Original Airing, Buying DVDs 5 years ago, and now). Just watched Homefront/Paradise Lost, Crossfire is next, and I don't remember what it's about, so it appears from public reaction, I'm in for a romantic treat on the next episode.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  10. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Me too!

11. Miss Lemon

Miss Lemon Commodore Commodore

Good choice, one of my favourites as well.

12. Paradon

Paradon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always like the piloted episode: "Emissary"... Poor Captain Sisko! It brought on his mood his order...the death of his wife.

13. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

I appreciate the mention of The Forsaken - one of Trek's best uses of Lwaxana Troi. I can see why they wanted to bring her back, but she ended up back to her old pointless self in Fascination and The Muse.

I love Rejoined, Crossfire, and Change of Heart in particular, and I also think A Simple Investigation is quite good too. Looking For Par'Mach In All The Wrong Places is romantic enough, but I think is more of a fun romp. (As do most of the characters in it too.)

One of my favourite romantic moments in the series though is seeing Odo trying to show Kira what it's like to be in the Great Link at the end of Chimera. Misty eyes indeed, which didn't help my state of mind when Odo left Kira in What You Leave Behind. :(

14. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll second that. First episode that came to mind and really to my mind DS9's best handling of the subject. Will also second "Profit and Loss" because why not (and also Quark).

Also liked the Julian/Ezri material in "The Dogs of War", and I'll also go ahead and say I did like the Rom/Leeta subplot of "Doctor Bashir, I Presume?"

15. BlueStuff

BlueStuff Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Meridian. ;)

16. Worf'sParmach

Worf'sParmach Commander Red Shirt

I'm surprised so many like "Looking for Par'Mach..." I'd always had the impression that most of the board didn't like Worf and Jadzia together. Maybe that's because the second episode featuring them happened to be one of the worst of the entire series.

I almost said that one as well, but my fingers just couldn't be moved to type it :lol:

17. Sykonee

Sykonee Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Surprised no one's mentioned Chimera. That's one of the best love stories Trek has ever done.

18. Seven of Five

19. Destructor

Destructor Commodore Commodore

You take that back, sir!

Anyway, I was going to say 'Fascination', until someone said 'Rejoined', and, yeah, gotta give props to that one. Fascination is more of a ribald comedy, anyway.

20. Seven of Five

I wonder what each individual character's best romantic episode was? There was enough love to spread around over seven seasons.

I'd like to suggest Sisko's proposal to Kassidy when he used that thing from the model house he was building in Penumbra. I just about died. :D