MST3K Takes on "Plan 9" Again

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by TGTheodore, Oct 5, 2009.

1. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

Some of the MST3K alums are taking on Plan 9 from Outer Space for one of those Fathom Events on movies screens this Thursday (October 8th.)

The trailer looks like they're goofing on a colorized version. Hope that's not the case.

--Ted

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I saw a commercial for this last night when I went to see ZL, the commercial said they were taking on the colorized version of the movie -which is ok with me. It's freakin' Plan 9 so it's not like it's a classic movie that needs to be seen in its original format ;). I've already bought my tickets and going to see it Thursday at Fork and Screen! :)

3. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

I believe this is a repeat of the live event from about a month ago; they did a pretty good job with it.

4. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I saw them when they did this last month. Absolutely worth it. Their riff was on par with the very best episodes of MST3K. Of course, it probably helped that Plan 9 is pretty hysterical in and of itself.

5. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I saw the first performance a month or so ago, and it was great.

6. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

Yeah, I definitely very seriously regretted not seeing this during the first run. I'm living in a college town now, so I'm hoping like hell that it runs somewhere around here.

7. Trekker4747

Well, I just got back from it. Hilarious. I could've done without some of the filler crap at the begining, like the fake commercials and the (while good) musician guy. The Emcee was kinda hot, though. :)

But the short and the movie as said above were easily on par with some of the better episodes of the series. Lauhed a lot, great, great stuff. Thumbs up!

8. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

You could have done without Jonathan Coulton? Turn in your nerd card right now!

9. Trekker4747

He was funny, but I didn't go to this event to see him I went to see the riffing on Plan 9.

10. ByrdMan

ByrdMan Commodore Commodore

Pissed I missed this. I dated Bill Corbett's (Crow, Brain-Guy) wife in high-school, and I could have hung out with Bill and Kevin last night. I had to work though... :(

11. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

I think it's pretty awesome that Something Awful and Rifftrax are doing these events together. Talk about a humor melting pot.

12. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm also a member of SomethingAwful, and on the message boards they posted two other fake 'commercials' that site founder Rich 'Lowtax' Kyanka made for the show which were not shown. They were just as good as the two they went with.

Forgot to add that they are also on YouTube.