Revolution Season 2 - spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by DarthTom, Sep 23, 2013.

1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Sounds like the kind of stunt casting they did in the Postman when Tom Petty had a cameo.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought we got a great return episode tonight.
    I was glad to see them dealing with Monroe's son so quickly, I was afraid they were going to drag that out forever.
    Gene's reaction when Charlie killed the Patriots with the oranges was great.
    I love the Nevilles' plotting. I think Julia is even scarier than Tom.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Not a bad episode. hopefully this will be a turn around in the writing of Aaron's character.

Texas must have gotten much smaller after the power vanished. Munroe and company made it to mexico in what amounted to about 2 or three days and Aaron made it to Oklahoma on foot in just a day or two more. From the same town.

Loved the spanish rendition of "Sweet Home Alabama".

4. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder what the Patriots are injecting into those oranges.

5. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Vitamin C? ;)

Definitely interesting...

Well, now we have 3 separate threads going on.

So the timelines might be off. We don't know where in Texas they were, right? Southeastern Texas?

So Aaron might have been on foot, and possibly hitched a ride inbetween. good to see Grace again...and was that Aaron's wife form last season? She said she was down in Texas...would have been nice to see her earlier...but now is good...and will her child have actually been Aaron's? I can't stand yet another unknown child now introduced..but this one would make sense.

Whoever they cast as Munroe's sn DEFINITELY looks like him, so well done with the casting...but there Darth Vader thing...we can rule the galaxy/country together?? I was hoping last season Neville wold kill Munroe & take over the Republic. I never really got Munroe as a villain.

The Nevilles are definitely an interesting couple...but kinda bothered that they are so separate from everything...guess it will come together soon.

What info did Neville Jr. find, and i am sure it will make Tom regret his actions.

6. 137th Gebirg

"He kind of sounds like you"

:lol: An excellent return to the series. Every time I wonder if this show can continue it starts to get a new head of steam. Love it.

However, I thought DC was one of the cities that got hit by nukes in the last season, along with Philly and Atlanta. I would have thought it to be a radiation wasteland at this point. Instead, it's almost the idyllic countryside that it was during the founding of the country and the White House and Washington Monument still appear to be largely intact. Did I misremember the scene in the Tower? It's been a while, and I likely forgot exactly what happened, but I could have sworn DC was one of the targets.

7. sojourner

There were only 2 nukes dropped.

8. Human-annoyed

Human-annoyed Commander Red Shirt

I wonder if it's the same stuff thr Patriots give to their new recruits to program them

9. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Hmmmm, that's probably what it is.

10. 137th Gebirg

If true, then they're going to have a whole town's population tripping balls and psychotically homicidal in a matter of hours.

What's the plan there again??

11. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

That's what I'm assuming.

12. Lyon_Wonder

Lyon_Wonder Captain Captain

I guess the Patriots are going to convert Willoughby into a psyops camp and recruit the younger healthy townspeople into soldiers.

13. Lyon_Wonder

Lyon_Wonder Captain Captain

One thing I’ve noticed about S2 is the prevalence of modern assault rifle machine guns and no muskets and civil-war era rifles, like what Monroe’s people mostly used in the first half of S1. I assume the Patriots have a large supply of ammo, or even figured out how to manufacture precision-made ammo without electricity, but even the Mexicans are using Kalashnikovs and M16s. The Texas Rangers, who use shotguns and pistols as hand-held weapons, even have wagon-mounted machine guns. I guess concern over shortages of ammunition for modern semi-automatic and automatic guns that was mentioned early in S1 is now a non-issue in the series. About the only ones who haven't had modern guns so far in S2 are the war clans.

14. sojourner

^Yep, and sword play seems to have gone out the window with the ammo shortage.

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Any moron can make bullets. You see it on those survivalists specials now and then.

It's just a device the size of a coffeemachine with a hand crank to bend the casings into shape.

Munroe decided that his people would be easier to control/safer without guns.

Other states had different more tolerant gunlaws.

Ancient Rome, dilly dallied on the formation of a fire department for 200 years becuase they didn't want the fire department to turn into a militia and take over the city, true story.

16. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not bad. I rolled my eyes when they were injecting stuff into the oranges. :lol:

17. Guy Gardener

It's a tiny shitty town, with probably only a couple thousand people in it, even though we've only seen a few dozen.

18. Taylirious

Patriots are like sickos messing with Halloween candy. Meh. LOL.

ETA: I thought it was strange Grandpa looked at Charlie in horror like his innocent little granddaughter was a monster. I could be wrong but hasn't she been like that since they met?

19. Guy Gardener

2 guys in 2 seconds.

Efficient and dead on the inside.

20. Taylirious

Maybe I remembered it wrong. He seemed horrified and then amazed...then they both seemed okay?