Just when you think that the world couldn't get any stupider

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Miss Chicken, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

this guy opens his mouth

Rest of story here

I don't drive so my pelvis must be fine but most of the women here must have rolled up pelvises. What is that like, girls?

2. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

So I wonder how sitting in the driver's seat is physiologically different than sitting in, say, the passenger's seat. And why... oh, never mind... sigh.

3. Tralfaz

Tralfaz Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

^^^ You have all that radiation coming off the illuminating console guages.

4. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

How come men are unaffected by these dangers?

5. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Our penises act as a counter-balance.

6. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Could this be the same guy who said women aren't as good at golf because they have breasts (^ which coincidentally act as counter-balance(s))?

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, this isn't too surprising in the Middle East. They're not exactly progressive when it comes to anything sex or gender related. Don't forget those poor guys who were deported for being too attractive. And there was an incident lately where a woman won an election, but then was disqualified from actually taking office because she was too cute.

I remember seeing an article a while back, I forget which country it involved, where women were banned from television all together. The government spokesman said something like, "Sure, guys would like to see women on TV, but what if it was their wife or sister?" :rommie:

I think it will be a while before Women's Lib blooms in the Arab Spring, but it's coming. There was a story a few months ago where a female blogger from the Middle East posted a nude picture of herself to shake up the patriarchy. Rock the Casbah! :D

8. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

With views like that i can understand why he would not want any woman around him to have access to a quick and easy way to get away from him. :lol:

9. Naira

Naira Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I spent some time trying to come up with a funny comment, but - honestly - I am speechless...

10. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Let's hope ridiculous argemnts like this are the last ditch attempt to cling to the old order when change is clearly on the horizon.

11. Tora Ziyal

It isn't the fact that women aren't allowed to drive that's surprising, at least to me. It's this guy's bizarre justification for it that blows my mind.

(Sorry, would explain in more detail, but I need to go straighten my pelvis.)

12. RJDiogenes

Well, my Uncle Joe used to say (and probably still does, for all I know) that women shouldn't be allowed to be president because they might start a war when it's "that time of the month." :rommie:

13. Tora Ziyal

And it's better that men start wars at any time of the month?! ;)

14. RJDiogenes

He wasn't really one to think things through. :rommie:

15. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

reading this article I get to suspect that these cords that keep the traditional Saudian headdresses in place are so tight that in some cases they apparently cut off the blood flow to the brain. Dangerousely unhealthy, I daresay, though without immediate consequences on fertility.
    (the same might go for some hat bands on westerners as well, though)

16. RJDiogenes

Actually, there was a study done some years ago demonstrating that wearing a tie slows down reaction time and thinking ability. People still wear them, though.

17. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

For bragging purposes, perhaps? A German study from the 70s suggested that a tie is basically an arrow pointing to the male genitalia. Makes sense, considering that jackets have a V-shaped front that underlines the arrow shape, and also taking into account that ties have arrow-shaped ends even though those aren't visible under a vest or jacket.

On Thursday before Ash Wednesday women in parts of Germany hunt men and cut their ties off. It has been speculated that this is a kind of symbolic castration.

18. Tora Ziyal

So The Onion has caught up with the news... :lol:

19. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I'm more intrigued by the full-scale government hoedown. Yee-HAW!!! :beer:

20. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

But it is a well known fact that women in closed-knit groups (like world leaders - I suppose) synchronise their periods... wouldn't that mean that there would be four days every month where (female) world-leaders would retire to places like Camp David and its equivalents and not start any wars?