Unpopular Trek Opinions — What Are Yours?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Michael, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Teiwaz

Teiwaz Lieutenant Red Shirt

Nicely put.

2. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, Kenan Thompson. :techman:

As far as my unpopular opinion, the TOS Enterprise is a Starship Class vessel. Says so on the dedication plaque.

3. Lor'Vela

Lor'Vela Captain Captain

I just made a post in the DS9 forum which would seem to be an unpopular opinion... I don't find Ezri Dax to be at all attractive.

4. shadowedgalaxy

shadowedgalaxy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Spock's Brain is a hilarious episode. :techman:

5. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    Kenan Thompson doesn't look like Cirroc Lofton, nor was he an older version of the actor at the time of that episode's release.

6. Zameaze

Zameaze Commodore Commodore

That's what this thread is for--to express unpopular opinions. Except that one. GET HIM! HANG THE EZRI DAX HATER! BOIL HIS NADS IN OIL! GET HIM WITH YOUR NAIL CLIPPERS! (if the airlines haven't taken yours).

OK...OK...I'm calm now. Who do you find attractive in the different Star Trek series?

7. Lor'Vela

Lor'Vela Captain Captain

:eek:

Well, I will go on as far to say that Ezri is the least attractive to me of all the main cast in any series. Please don't hurt me. :borg:

As far as who I find attractive, I suppose I would have to say Jennifer Lien.

8. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:confused: This thread about "unpopular opinions", not cold hard facts. Or did I miss the point? An opinion is just that, an opinion. So if you think Kenan Thompson doesn't look like Cirroc Lofton, great - that's your opinion - I won't shit all over you. As for the timing of the episode's release - who gives a frak? - it was a joke anyway.

Lighten up. :(

9. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    That's okay.

It's also a message board.

And on messages boards, where you have unpopular and popular opinions....you will have 'other' opinions that counter or respond to those aforementioned unpopular and popular opinions...;)

Or did I miss the point? (Of message boards that is...):lol:;)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  10. Joeman

Joeman Captain Captain

After reading more and more on these forums, I'll add:

- I love all 5 series.

That doesn't seem very popular, or common.

11. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, There are aspects to all five series I like. But I love the first three the best.

12. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Spock said at the beginning of The Balance of Terror that Earth men never saw their allies from the Romulan War,
    I think these allies were the Breen.

13. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

No, Spock said neither Human nor Romulan nor ally had ever seen the other. No mention of Breen.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  14. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Or such people don't post on Star Trek message boards a lot...if ever.

The online community may be the most vocal, but they may not represent the majority of Trek fans, IMO. I'm sure many of them have some shows they like more than others, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are many who do like all five, but don't spend a whole lot of time on message boards.

Oops...maybe that was a new unpopular opinion.
    :eek:

15. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Eh, what's wrong with Tony Todd? He's not that bad-looking... and I don't think that Cirroc Lofton is particularly handsome, actually I'd say that Todd is far better-looking than Lofton. (YMMV)

As for resemblance, it's very difficult to find two actors who look like each other that much that they could really pass for the same person, without actually being related. I think we're all used to having to deal with different actors playing the same person and having to use the suspense of disbelief. At least Todd has got the height for a convincing adult Jake. And it wasn't anything as bad as the casting of that guy who played adult Wesley in a that TNG episode (was it Deja Q?).

16. Pemmer Harge

Pemmer Harge Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It was Hide and Q and it was hilarious!

17. Vonstadt

Vonstadt Captain Captain

Madison Square Garden : Let's Go Rangers!
    Oh Boy a bit late to the party but here are mine.

1 - I actually liked a lot about Nemesis (exp - Loved the look of the Argo and its idea, loved the refit of the E (29 decks), Actual changes to our hero characters (Riker/Troi wedding, Data dying). Despite the plotholes I tend to watch it occasionally but find this is NOT a popular belief.

2 - Loved TOS's Way to Eden (Slap my back and jump for joy I got a clean bill of health from Dr. McCoy!...all from the guy who would go on to play hard case bad guys like the man who stranded Rambo in Rambo II)

3 - Didnt Like the Ezri Dax character from DS9, I prefered Jadzia

4 - Actually liked Klaa from Star Trek V :klingon:

5 - Prefer DS9 over TNG (around my crowd of friends this is blasphemy) :p

6 - Wasn't really 'charmed' by Star Trek IV I prefer III over it.

7 - I was never annoyed by the Doctor (EMH) in Voyager and often found him to be the best thing in the show.

8 - Actually liked 'Miri' (Bonk Bonk on the Head...lol a classic)

Well those are mine.

Vons

18. Pemmer Harge

Pemmer Harge Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I like how the two most common unpopular opinions seem to be "I like Ezri better than Jadzia" and "I like Jadzia better than Ezri" ;)

19. threeb

threeb Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I agree. The Doctor turned out to be the most well developed character on Voyager.

20. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

I mentioned the Breen because they're a mysterious race. From Spocks statement it would seem that the race or races that were the allies with Earth in the Romulan War were not the same races who formed the early Federation with Earth, we've seen them. Two entirely different groups.