This is Deadpool?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Chris3123, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Apparently, folks, this is what Deadpool will look like in the upcoming Wolverine movie. Yes, that is the actual Deadpool action figure from the movie line.

I am suddenly a little less excited about this movie. :shifty:

2. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Wow, he looks incredibly like an error message that says "forbiden".

3. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

4. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I take it they have completely eliminated the whole mask thing, to cover up his disfigured face. Kinda pointless, really.

5. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

So he doesn't look like a poor man's Spider-Man.

I'm not seeing the problem.

6. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe he doesn't wear the mask until the end?

I know he doesn't look like that through the whole movie regardless. Seems he'll have a few looks from the trailer.

Why not wait 'til we know for sure?

OH, my bad. I forgot. I mean... Wolverine's too tall!! Where's the yellow spandex?? They're using ORGANIC web shooters?!? :rolleyes:

7. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The arm blades are kind of excessive. It's almost like someone played way too much Mortal Kombat II and was desperate to put Baraka into the movie.

8. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^^
    Or there's a sequence in the movie where he added them to his arms as more of a mocking character moment directed against Logan. A sort of "I'll play your game, and even be better than you at it!" sort of thing.

9. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

If I were watching Deadpool, and not Wolverine, I'd probably care more about this than I do.

10. Ben Sisko3

Ben Sisko3 Commodore Commodore

No, that's not Deadpool.

That's the lovechild of Daken and Baraka.

11. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Deadpool came after my familiarity with the Marvel universe timeline ended. So I never understood what's so great about him, I think of a Dirty Harry movie everytime he's mentioned.

12. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

What the hell is that? What part of that could even remotely be considered Deadpool? God damn it. Deadpool was the absolute number one biggest reason I was looking forward to this movie. To see that he has been reduced to that abortion makes me not want to see the film at all.

13. grabmygoblin

grabmygoblin Commodore Commodore

damndamndamn... I was so hoping to see computer graphics used to make his skin pulsate and bubble all the time!!

14. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

More importantly, will there be a Gambit action figure? If so, what does it look like?

15. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That looks more like another character. I sincerely doubt that is Deadpool.

16. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

It wouldn't surprise me if they did this.

17. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

No, it is indeed Deadpool, post-experimentation / disfigurement. There's a brief clip of it in the recent trailer, seen in this screenshot.

Seeing the Internet get butt-hurt over the film adaptation of something that spawned from Rob Liefeld's desire to draw Deathstroke, so he just ripped off the design, makes me laugh. That's the "abortion." Well, that and the baby-faced Wolverine with his hair all done up for the senior prom.

18. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

I'm not seeing this now. It's Ninja gear or no sale.

19. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, with as many characters they're trying to cram into this movie, it's likely it'll be a clusterf*ck on the scale of Ratner's X3.....

20. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Know what? I'm sick of that "Deadpool is just a ripoff of Deathstroke" thing. That may have been some of the motivation behind his creation, but the two characters are incredibly different in personality. Deathstroke is a serious character, while Deadpool is a wisecracker. Also, why should fans of the character not want to see him done properly on film? The fourth wall breaking, wise-cracking, merc with a mouth, with ninja gear and a red and black suit IS Deadpool. Where the hell do you get off insulting people that say what is true? If you're not a fan of the character, fine. But don't hate on the people that are. I'm sure you would feel the same way if a character you like were as thouroughly butchered as it appears Deadpool has been in this movie.