So what would you want to see in a TNG-R?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Trekker4747, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

It's inevitable and sure to happen.

So what would you like to see?

I'd like to see a greater realization of the Main Shuttlebay to get a scope for it's enormous size.

I'd also like to see the graphical interfaces and displays of the computers brought to more life. Not necessairly in the background but like in The Naked Now when Data, etc. are looking at the Enterprise-Nil file. There's not only a picture of the WRONG Ent-Nil on the dispaly but the picture of it a simple line elevation view. For a 24c computer system I'd expect something more dynamic.

The clumbsy simulation diagrams in "Booby Trap" also would look damn cool updated.

2. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

I'd like to see all those scenes of the ENT-D flying alongside a generic Excelsior replaced with various other Starfleet vessels more consistent with the TNG era.

3. Trekker4747

As nice as it'd be to see an Ambassador or a better version of some of those horrible kitbashes, I doubt they'd change the "established" classes of some of those ships of the week (assuming they treat TNG with the same care that they did with TOS.)

4. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

I suppose if the model shots are redone in CGI, more variety would be nice. TNG tended to use a lot of the same stock shots, which could easily be replaced.

I wouldn't mind seeing the main shuttlebay where appropriate too.

If it goes forward, they should get Rick Sternbach to consult.

5. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

^and Andy Probert (at least for the first season).

I'd like to see the Enterprise-D from a variety of other angles; the ship looked really good in TATV [ENT]. Perhaps, even some push-in and pull-out shots from windows like the Observation Lounge that weren't possible with models. I know such a shot, like the one often seen pulling out of C-n-C in B5, was scripted in the last scene of "Tapestry," but made into a dissolve because the shot would've been too expensive to do with models.

6. Trekker4747

The pull out from Riker's quarters at the end of the series could be quite stunning too.

7. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I always liked the idea since I first heard it, but its only recently that I visualized what could be done...just today I caught the end of Redemption on TV....and while STNG FX are generally competent there were individual shots that were glaringly...plain! The Sutherland firing torpedoes to expose the warbirds; the next shot: a rather bad animated green glow in the shape of the same warbirds. I could imagine some really good, cinematic, 3D shots to replace those! Of course the most obvious change would be replacing stock shots early in the show. I also noticed that screen captures of STNG are decidedly low-res. I can't see any STNG fans not being excited by the fortunate, format forced changes...

RAMA

8. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It always bugged me that the angles of windows and the shuttle bay doors didn't quite match up with the models. Picky, I know.

9. Salinga

Salinga Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

1. Replace all computer rendered LCARS screens, that look very pixely, with new antialiased graphics. The screen resolution of LCARS looks very dated - they often remind me of screens rendered by old 386 computers.

2. In the conference room you would sometimes see the narcelles of the 1701-D instead of the open space. So some shots should include the narcelles now.

3. Use high definition animated computer graphics for planet surfaces instead of the bad soundstage buildings. You immediatly know that they aren't "on location" but on a built set.

4. Make the ship more crowded by adding filmed persons against green screen into corridors or 10-forward.

5. Fit the color of the footage (red-ish) of seasons 1 and 2 to the later seasons.

10. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Enterprise-E.

I wouldn't mind seeing a bunch of new people CGI'ed in. And, I know everybody loves Data, but I can't help but think how cool it would be if there was a ginormous robot plopped down at Ops instead of a guy in white makeup.

11. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

1. I always enjoyed it when the LCARS graphics were actually animated, I don't really think they are a glaring problem and probably wouldn't need to be upgraded for HD.

2. I don't think that's accurate...the nacelles are further apart than the 1701, and probably wouldn't be seen facing directly aft.

3. If they could re-do the planet hell sets that would be nice, but I doubt they would take the time to create whole new CGI sets. At best you might see some new skies.

4. Crowded? Why? The ship always seemed TOO crowded in the movies and TOS. 1,012 people over all that volume? You'd probably never see anyone in a hallway.

5. I loved the look of the first two seasons but "coloring" the show would have too many repercussions with the way the show was lit.

RAMA

12. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Agreed. Unlike TOS, a lot of the creative forces behind STNG are still around, and should at the very least, be consulted on any new FX.

RAMA

13. Delta1

Delta1 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd like to see the original elements scanned at high resolution, recomposited, and presented in their original aspect ratio on an HD format. In cases where elements are missing or unsuitable for HD, they should be recreated in CGI. I'd like the sound to be presented in a lossless format, like Dolby TrueHD or DTS Master. That's about it.

14. Doug Otte

Doug Otte Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is that ALL you want? ;)

Actually, I'm with you. That's exactly what I'd like to see, but I doubt it will happen.

Doug

15. Crewman47

Crewman47 Commodore Newbie

Has the main shuttlebay ever been done in any form of concept designs or any form of graphic at all, apart from what we see on both sets of the Ent-D blueprints.

16. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Narcelles," Pinky?

17. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

There was that partial miniature we saw at the end of "Cause and Effect," otherwise no.

Given the amount of natural light pouring into the room when Data and Troi are searching for Spot at the end of Generations, I wonder if they were trying to substitute that set for the main shuttlebay? (even though the establishing shot of the 12' saucer shows the door closed)

18. Trekker4747

I guess it is possible, they may have also been in a cargobay, but there's no cargobay hatches... anywhere on the ship. So...

;)

Maybe they just opened the door to the shuttlebay between the establishing shot and the shot inside. The door opens really fast!

;)

19. StewMc

StewMc Commodore Commodore

The inside of Shuttlebay One is seen briefly in "The Best of Both Worlds Part 2", though it looks a lot like Shuttlebays 2 and 3.

20. Vulcanian

Vulcanian Commander Red Shirt

I am not sure about that but it's possible.

The CGI Ent-D as seen in "These are the Voyages", better sound and video quality, the battle at Wolf 359.