Digital comics are they worth it ? disscussion and comments:

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by timothy, Jul 27, 2011.

1. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would like to see comixolgy do a guardians of the galaxy collection. which would include everything from the very begining.

2. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

You could root your NC so that you could install Comixology's Android app.

3. timothy

very cool, do you know how to do that?

4. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

It's a link. Odds are, if you click it, you'll find out.

5. timothy

okay where do I get this sd card from and, can I do this on my lap top?

6. timothy

star wars: dark empire # 1-6
    The Force Unleashed graphic #2
    Jedi: The Dark Side # 4

are aviable from both comixolgy and dark horse digital comics.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sweet!
    Is Batman: Gates of Gotham any good? They just added it to Comixology today, and it's one I've been intrigued by since I first hear about it.

8. timothy

I don't know I have'nt read that book yet. kinda moving away from DC beause of the hole renumbering systym there doing. I know it's sopposed to attrack new reader but that's plain stupid when we were a few issue's away from action comic #1000.

All so Dungeon and dragons Dritz neverwinter is aviable yes.

9. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well I just picked up justice league #1 (2011) and the last Arkham city issue as well as the digital exlusives.

On one note I have to ask...

What the Hell is going on with who I assume to be either Dick Grayson or Tim Drake. I mean the outfit is okay and more practical looking, but what's with the shaved head?

10. timothy

I think there from an alternate time line. something to do with the flash crossover I think.

11. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

In my case, Comixology allows me to buy comics internationally without a nasty shipping charge. I don't have to wait for the trades to come out on Amazon either.

I always said that I would go legit and give up my eye patch if I could get digital comics on the same day they were released and now I have to stick to my guns.

12. Derishton

Derishton Vice Admiral Admiral

I just bought my first digital comic - Justice League #1, so DC's plan is working so far, I guess. I thought it was a very good reading experience, letting it guide me from panel to panel. It took longer to read, which for me is a good thing.

13. timothy

picked up buck rodgers Issues #0 - 12 plus annual. if no one has read this yet they should, fantastic book.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm planning on it eventually. It looked pretty fun when I skimmed through the freebie. From my skimming it looks like Dynamite has some pretty cool stuff, and each announcement I hear from them sounds cooler than the last.

15. timothy

I am going to star reading the red sonja books next. all so they the first bsg series fron dynamite entertainment.

16. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    I finally broke down and downloaded Comixology for the iPad and I have to say my experience has been very positive so far. I purchased "Justice League #1" and a few other comics including "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?", something I've been meaning to get for a while. The cheaper price and my growing lack of storage space encouraged this choice.

I'm still buying certain titles in paper, I guess a nostalgic part of me wants to support the format and the stores that sell them, but for titles that I'm only mildly curious about, the electronic versions work.

17. Derishton

Derishton Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm thinking of the digital comics as a prelude to the trades, which I'll try to buy at comic shops when I can (not living very near to any). I wasn't really buying single issues very often, so I think it's a way of making my money help both the publishers and the small shops a little more directly.

18. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Man, I was looking just now... do you know when Action Comics goes sequential on ComiXology? Guess. #844. EIGHT FORTY FOUR. Superman? #681. Legion of Super-Heroes? That's a trick question, friends. It doesn't start at all.

Prior to that, they have about two dozen cherry-picked Action and Superman books. Oh, and Legion Lost (let me try to restrain my enthusiasm). Do they just not want to make money?

However, I will say that it made me laugh when, because of my script blocking software, the DC store threw up a giant picture of Barry Allen and told me I didn't have FLASH. That's adorable.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  19. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

They add something like four hundred back issues a week. If they don't have what you are looking for right now, it will probably be available in a few weeks or months. Complete back fatalities I imagine is the ultimate goal.

20. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They also charge too much for it. I know, I know, I'm a complainer.

Eventually, I suppose they'll emulate Marvel's unlimited policy with a price point that isn't insane.

ETA: But four hundred? Really? If they added four hundred a week, they could have the entire Legion run in a fortnight, and the entire Superman family runs in something like three months. Did they just start this?