why did the V'ger probe take Ilia?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Borjis, Jun 17, 2014.

1. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For crying out loud, just stop.

If you want to be a bleeding heart, fine. But you can't expect everyone else to cry along with you. Especially those you're supposedly crying for, when they're not the ones complaining.

This is a minority of a minority of a minority making waves, goaded into it by another miniscule group of malcontents trying to pasteurize and homogenize our culture into something with absolutely no diversity, contrary to what they claim. If these people have their way, one day the only way we'll be able to communicate is to have an English-to-Approved-Speech dictionary open at all times.

Now, CAN WE GET BACK ON TOPIC???

Jeez. :rolleyes:

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

There is no positive definition of the term Redskin. The patent office did research on it.

It would be like having a team named the Washington Niggers (sorry, don't mean to offend anyone) and claiming that it is named that to show respect to black people.

It's non-sense.

The only reason this isn't an issue is because Native Americans are a vanquished people with a small population.

3. LMFAOschwarz

LMFAOschwarz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Um...I thought Ilia was Deltan, not Native American?

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

A Deltan-Native American! :lol:

5. Nebusj

Nebusj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

``I know this guy who's totally not offended, so everyone who says it's offensive is proven wrong!''

6. Nebusj

Nebusj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, more, ``redshirt'' is, going back generations, slang for a college athlete who's not playing for the year so as to keep him around for future eligibility (normally the student is supposed to focus on being a student during this time). Naming a sports team the Redshirts would have the connotations of calling a team the Cleveland Benchwarmers or the San Diego Fourth-Stringers.

7. Solariabsg25

Solariabsg25 Commodore Commodore

Ironic that Austin Powers spent more time showing the fall-out and consequnces of the deaths of un-named minions than Trek does with redshirts :)

8. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

I thought the high heels were ugly, but I was wondering if they might have been trying to equalize her height a little so she could be in the scene without having her stand on a box.

Of course that wouldn't be and in universe reason, but neither is sex appeal.