A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Out Of My Vulcan Mind, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think they will end a season with it, though it certainly would fit in with TV traditions to have who's-alive-and-who's-dead kind of cliffhanger. It might also be fun for those of us who, when asked "Who dies??", can say "read the books and you'll find out!" :p

Just like Ned...? :D

2. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

They could have the last episode of the third season feature the Red Wedding and one of Dany's major triumphs. That way you end on two "holy shit" developments at polar ends of the emotional spectrum.

3. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They'll probably put it in episode 9 and episode 10 will deal with the aftermath:

- Tywin explains the whole plan to Tyrion (the chapter where Tyrion compares Joffrey to the Mad King)
    - Davos brings Night's Watch letter to Stannis and Stannis decides to go the North.
    - some stuff about BwB, maybe even a scene where they find Cat's body.

4. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

^^^
    That's possible, although I'm not sure they'll stick with 10 episodes for the third and fourth seasons. I think there's a chance they'll order 16 episodes for production this year and then split them into two 8-episode seasons, possibly aired closer together, one in spring 2013 and one in fall 2013.

5. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

According to HBO's Facebook fan page for the series, it's the first in a series of posters designed by fans.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really wish HBO would do something where you could just get HBO Go for a smaller fee than the TV Channel. I don't care about watching the stuff on TV, I just want to see it legally, sooner after it airs than the DVD release.

7. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Winter Is Coming believes the term "fan posters" means they're extra posters HBO has designed and released online for the fans, in addition to the main posters that will be used to market the series, rather than posters designed by fans.

8. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

I'm in the same boat. This comic actually demonstrates my (and I'm assuming your) plight

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones

9. PsychoPere

Ah, got ya. Didn't consider that interpretation of the phrase.

10. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Captain Captain

Winter is Coming is thinking this might be the official Poster for Season 2:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  11. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

superdeluxe ... please remember that we are to avoid using hotlinked images, unless they are hosted on your own web space or on a free hosting service (Photobucket, etc)

12. superdeluxe

Dang, I'm sorry. I'll remember from now on.

ETA: I've uploaded the image to a image hosting site. Thanks

13. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Here's the latest Daily Raven video from Winter Is Coming with a breakdown of the latest trailer:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03d_tstgYts&feature=player_embedded[/yt]

14. superdeluxe

WiC is stepping up big time, their hostess I am very familiar with in regards to covering red carpet events and doing interviews

15. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's cool to see what started as a fan blog about the show, when there basically were only rumours about it, developing into a major fan site.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just a reminder for the other HBOless posters on here, the DVD/Blu-Rays are coming out next Tuesday. 5 days and counting. I can't wait!

17. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Preordered my blu ray set for like 40 bucks at bestbuy during a sale. I can't wait.... :)

18. Captain Fine

Captain Fine Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm trying to decide between cancelling my Amazon.ca preorder for $64.99 or buying the special Direwolf edition Blu-ray from Future Shop for $52.99

The regular one seems more classy, but the Direwolf is cool and they'll probably do a different House every season which I think would look cool!

19. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

In the US Best Buy is offering two versions, a special Direwolf one and special Targaryen one. I went with the Direwolf myself :D

20. PsychoPere

I went with the Stark one too. Screw the Targaryens.