Smallville 9x01 "Savior" - Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Sep 25, 2009.

?

Grade "Savior"

1. SUPERMAN (Excellent)

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  2. Red-Blue Blur (Above Average)

14 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. CLARK KENT (Average)

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
  4. Kal (Below Average)

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. BIZARRO (Poor)

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I am guessing we'll learn more as the season progresses.

2. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Pretty much.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Every fool knows you need a contingency plan."

Tucker. Buffy. The Prom.

Of course, one has to be economic with the contingency plans or you'll have 12 Zod, or proZod factions all trying to control the earth at the same time. An orderly queue seems wise? like how soldiers used to march slowly in phlanaxes towards lines of musket fire and replace the guys in front of them that got shot. This lot, in the army fatigues, were not going to be tapped until the rut with Zods Kid doomsday had completely run it's course for fear of stepping on each others toes and and overzodding the world domination, that if either side won out that they didn't have to worry about more sleeper Zod contingency plans to take over earth and kill Kal El.

but who ever is responsible for these soldierboys cheated.

"It" bent the rules by using Tess as "their" agent to get rid of the drift wood and bump them to the head of the dogpile of Zod wannabes.

Not that Zod's missus turning up at the same time last year wasn't confusing or stepping on toes?

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ It does look like Tess has become "Season 5 Sandoval".

(I wonder how many people will get that.)

5. the Dagman

the Dagman Commodore Commodore

This Zod may not actually BE a villain.

As I said in a prior post, this is a clone duplicate of Zod taken from before he became a villain. From the time when he was a war hero on Krypton. If and when he finds out about the original General Zod, about how he rebelled against the Science Council and was banished to the Phantom Zone and later escaped to possess Lex Luthor, caused Metropolis' "Dark Thursday" and later had his phantom essence destroyed, this Major Zod may be quite horrified himself. He may not be destined to walk the same path as the original Zod.

6. Guy Gardener

Which is quite possibly why he has no super powers?

Sandoval rocked so hard, but the rest of EFC was pretty dire.

I mean they had a guy with a third wing of DNA on his helix who was supposed to be super smart or super powered but he turned into a very ordinairy guy very quickly. It's like TV writers don't even watch their own shows?

7. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

It's pretty obvious they do, in fact, gain their powers soon enough. We saw a SuperZod in Lois' flash forward and the "Ninja Assassin" clearly had her powers when she traveled back in time.

As someone else mentioned, it's likely just a lack of them absorbing enough solar energy so far. They are, for all intents and purposes, newborns afterall.

8. Guy Gardener

Oh certainly.

Left with free will they get to chose loyalty to Zod or not. If they chose to follow l'll Zod then they'll be given powers. It's like how those rotc kids are just given cap guns when they march from one side of the football field to other and back again.

9. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

An average episode... not a very good start for the season for our friend ClarkBatmanSupermanNeo.

The babes were hot but too dressed and boy is the guy playing Zod really lame. Really bad casting there.
    I hope he improves and never mention the Kneel line again... he makes me cringe when he says it.

BAG was good. After his work in TSCC he's really becoming a favorite of mine.

10. Broccoli

Sandoval's motivations inexplicably changed on a weekly basis. I have more faith in the character of Tess.

11. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Clark with the shovel at the end.....

It's always the quiet ones that hide bodies in the backyard.

12. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Kryptonians most likely don't have their powers yet due to a lack of exposure of solar enery as was mentioned before. They've been inside the mansion for several weeks since emerging from the Orb. I wonder if it will be explained how TWO DOZEN or however many emerged from the Orb when we saw just Zod at the end of last season. I have a problem with so many Kryptonians on Earth...even if they are clones and even if this is Smallville.

13. Broccoli

Haha. Lets hope the sheriff doesn't come looking around.

Maybe Zod was the first one to emerge and the others soon started to pop out after "Doomsday" faded out.

And if you have a problem with two dozen Kryptonians, don't read this.

14. Admiral_Young

I know and love about New Krytpon...that's in the prime universe or whatever you want to call real Superman lol...I have a problem with two dozen "fake" Kryptonians popping out of no where before Clark is Superman. Its my own personal thing...not big enough to get into a debate about. Zod is a foe large enough for just Superman, but an entire cadre of Kryptonians?

15. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, perhaps, but if so they should write it into the story. As it is, it's left to us to imagine it happening in between episodes or something. Last season he dumped Lois for Lana, we never actually had any resolution to that which could explain his feelings for Lois now.

16. Admiral_Young

He'd didn't exactly dump Lana for Lois...he was forced to deal with his feelings for Lana when she came back at an unopportune time when he was just allowing himself to feel for Lois. He'd been slowly developing feelings for Lois and we saw the two of them work together and get closer last season as well.

17. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Thank goodness Clark doesn't know otherwise it's the Phantom Zone fiasco all over again.

"I'm halting my training because it's my fault they're out. When I'm 50, then I might become Superman"

18. Admiral_Young

19. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Coming Soon: Geriatricville

Producers: Yay! We're finally off CW! We're old enough for CBS!

20. Broccoli

Too bad it'll be canceled an episode in...

:shifty: