StarFleet Officers that are A..h...s

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by KaineMorrison, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Lieutenant Commander Leland T. Lynch however, feels it necessary to give his full name and rank during routine shipboard intercom conversations. Maybe he adds his serial number in subspace communications.

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Neither of which introduced themselves in such a manner in every. Single. Communication they had with other people.

3. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Lore was a dick.
    Sirma Kolrami was a smug little prick that got pwned by Data.
    Norah Satie was a racist asshole.
    Nechayev was a total beeotch.
    Ensign Ro was an insufferable bukyak.
    Caveman Riker should have been tried for murder, after breaking that ensign's neck in Genesis.

4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Pretty much everyone but the main characters.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

In what way? :confused:

Satie was paranoid to a fault, yes. She saw conspiracies around every corner. But I see no indication that she was racist.

If you're implying that she had a hatred of, say, Klingons, just because of her attitude towards J'Dan, I remind you that she thought quite highly of Worf.

6. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    LaForge had a lot more patience than I would have. And, Troi - realistically - gave LaForge support. (Note: I have came across people like Logan in 'real life' - pretty much self-appointed managers - so I can definitely relate).

I do nominate the Admiral from "Ensign Ro" as well.....but I can't necessarily nominate Nechayev. She's stern, but a reasonable individual. (I've also known people like her. As long as you respect their position, show intelligence...they'll respect you).

7. JirinPanthosa

I think he's referring to her treatment of Simon Tarses, accusing him of treason because he was 1/4 Romulan.

8. Trekker4747

Well, pretty much her treatment of EVERYONE on the ship, including Worf, after it was made clear the accident in engineering was a mechanical malfunction and not sabotage.

9. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Bingo! :)

10. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh. Tarses. Right.

Although isn't Satie's problem with him not *that* he's 1/4 Romulan, but that he lied about it? In which case I could understand. You don't lie on an Academy application, no matter what the circumstances.

11. Trekker4747

She sort of takes that, rather small, lie and runs it into the end zone with it to the Nth degree, accusing him and his grandfather of being Romulan collaborators.

12. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Watch "The Neutral Zone" again. Every 24th century person in that episode is a complete self-righteous asshole, with the exception of Data.

13. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

+1

14. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

She's overzealous, not racist.

15. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And the 20th century characters are caricatures to be mocked, less so with the woman though.

You have the a-hole banker who cares about nothing but his portfolio, the buffoonish country singer who just wants to have a good time, and a housewife who mopes for most of the episode. Remember, in the 24th century, humanity is no longer hung up by losing family members. :rolleyes: (so she should really get with the program!)

Contrasted with the elite and evolved humanity who are too advanced to deal with their shit. :lol:

16. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Oddly, I security procedures were logical on Starships, that man should never have been able to get to the bridge. This is again one of the reasons all the FASA and the like technical manuals are written off, as they have logical procedures for these things.

17. Ghrakh

Ghrakh Captain Captain

Threads like this always make me cringe.

18. KaineMorrison

KaineMorrison Lieutenant Commander

Why?

19. JirinPanthosa

I don't know, can you hold an episode against a character if that particular episode is really badly written? TNZ does not even exist in my Star Trek universe. I skip it every time. This is a Maurice Hurley script based on fan fiction. The teleplay was written by the guy who got fired for being an arrogant jerk who created a toxic workplace, so the characters act like arrogant jerks. But that's not the characters' fault.

And seriously, wouldn't you react arrogantly to a man who said his first priority was 'Having power to control your life'? Before that guy got sick he probably owned three senators and one or more supreme court justices, and invoked corporate religious freedom to justify spending less on employee benefits.

As for Satie, remember the choice of words her betazoid friend used to attack Tarses?

"Isn't it true that the paternal grandfather of whom you speak was not a Vulcan but was in fact a Romulan? That it is Romulan blood you carry and a Romulan heritage that you honour? "

Jumping from 1/4 Romulan blood to having more loyalty to the Romulan Empire than the Federation. That's pretty damn racist, internment camp level racist.

20. Makarov

Makarov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Jellico anyone? Seemed like a good captain but he did manage to get on practically the entire crew's bad side. He is cool with you if you're doing your job up to his extreme standards, but one screw up and god help you. Anyone had a boss like that?

At the end of the episode none of the crew seems to thank him, not even last words with Riker, he just gets out of there as quickly as possible.