The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes cartoon cancelled

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jun 6, 2012.

1. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Disney Channels Worldwide President Gary Marsh has now also confirmed Avengers Assemble.

He also confirmed that a new Iron Man animated series is in the works, so it sounds like Iron Man: Armored Adventures is done.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Actually he just says "we're talking about... an Iron Man series." "Talking about" just means they're considering it, discussing the possibilities. It's a far cry from "Yes, we're definitely making this."

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Iron Man: Armored Adventures still lives!:techman:

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

And there's the Japanese Iron Man (Wolverine too) which they dub into English that's being made which has no relation to EMH or Ultimate Spider-Man yet doesn't seem to dilute the brand even though it really should, since the 12 seconds of it that I could tolerate had Stark hitting on a 17 year (Computer Engineer collogue) old girl.

5. Guy Gardener

I'm about an hour away from watching the final four episodes of season 2.

Any one in Auckland that has a pizza they are willing to share is more than welcome to come see them too.

(edit.)

What?

Shit?

What?

They changed/updated the credits.

It now includes Spider-man, War Machine, Powerman and Iron Fist, Wolverine and the Thing

It's almost like the producers don't know that the series is cancelled.

(or I stopped watching the credits weeks ago?)

edit.

Never mind.

All is explained.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  6. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just watched The Deadliest Man Alive.

I know the Red Hulk is supposed to always be Ross, but here it's TOTAL BULLSHIT. There's no way that makes sense in Avengers:EMH.

"Nightmare in Red" went out of it's way to sell Red Hulk as someone else. He doesn't have a moustache, he had a wierd ass accent before the transformation, plus the Red Hulk was being controlled by a third party, which would make ZERO sense, even as a ruse given that Ross would have simply KILLED the Hulk since he had the opportunity in that ep.

Hell, the shadowy figure they injected looks NOTHING like Ross as shown in prison garb in the new ep. Oh, and he's missing his heat powers.

Great continuity, Men of Action.

7. Guy Gardener

In the comics they faked Ross' death.

Misdirection is part of the package.

He was also being controlled and leveraged by the Leader which is why he needed a secret alliance with Banner to stop himself.

There were a lot of headless LMDs in this story.

Maybe they had plans for Big Red next season?

but he's not going to be in the next animated series if the Rulk is not going to make it out the other side of Avengers VS. X-Men.

I hate it when assholes call Ross "Rulk".

It's so fucking lazy,

8. USS Mariner

Yeah, but "Rulk" has as much effort put into it as Man of Actiom puts into the writing this season. Seriously, every episode they've touched has MAJOR plot fuckups. The Vision could have single handedly solved EVERY major battle since almost every enemy was stated to be impenetrable, yet Vision floats around like he's waiting for his check to clear or something.

And while I understand the misdirection part of Red Hulk and Ross, I honestly thought this Red Hulk was someone else, though again, that was probably Loeb or someone dropping the ball in regards to editing.

9. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

Yeah, Vision took on half the Avengers by himself, but was useless against some opponents.

How does Red Hulk turn back into a pudgy old man with a mustache?

10. Guy Gardener

He doesn't.

We don't who he is, and they went to great extents to prove that he isn't Ross.

Everybody lies.

11. Christopher

Huh? He didn't say anything before the transformation. When Winter Soldier asked if he was sure he wanted to do this, he just grunted.

Anyway, I should stop reading this thread. I've only seen up to "Nightmare in Red," and some of you have obviously seen multiple later episodes.

12. Guy Gardener

The final episodes aired today in Australia.

This is like when England got BSG first.

You wouldn't download it all, because that's wrong.

But if someone in Australia mailed you a video tape, as was the practice during the nineties, how the world saw DS9 and Voyager generations before they were supposed to, would the same taboo apply?

The shoe is on the other foot, no?

13. USS Mariner

FUCK DRAKE BELL. I can't get over how genuinely bad his performance is. Watching "New Avengers"

It's like he's trying to pull an NPH, except NPH has range (both vocally and dramatically.)

Bell is as one note as a vuvuzela, and twice as annoying. He's oblivious to the subtle difference between eating a sandwich and OMG WTF EVERYTHINGS TRYING TO KILL MEEE.

I'm going to punch Loeb in the fuckin' soul if Marvel doesn't at least include Keaton's audio in the DVD release. This is unbearable.

14. USS Mariner

Watching Operation Galactic Storm. It's great to see an episode written by people WHO AREN'T FUCKING BRAINDEAD ZOMBIES.

I also love the return of the space suits, especially for Wasp and Ms. Marvel (RAWRRRR), though I would have loved the return of the Silver Centurion, especially since it's color scheme was the basis for the Space Avenger suits anyway.

15. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

Regarding the final episode

If the world is at stake, maybe recruiting some baddies, like Red Hulk to pitch in isn't a bad idea? (okay, they'd have had to stretch it out to a two parter if they do that)

Why didn't Yellowjacket shrink everything Galactus had, ship, towers, etc?

Firelord and Terrax are non-living elemental creations? Must be from some different version/continuity than I remember.

Why didn't they destroy the machines again? It did cost Galactus energy to rebuild them.

How can you have Galactus without Silver Surfer? Or vice versa? Oh, well, we will never know now, there'll be no EMH Silver Surfer.

It was a decent enough way to end the series...even if that wasn't the plan.

16. Christopher

Marvel Television has given some new info about the Avengers Assemble series:

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/...ic-con-sdcc-2012-jeph-loeb-avengers-assemble/
    Okay, so apparently it's not a new continuity but a sequel series that changes the designs and approach -- analogous to The New Batman Adventures or Ben 10: Alien Force, I guess. Although that compels the question: if it's a continuation of the same universe, then where have all the other female Avengers disappeared to?!

There's also some stuff about the separate Hulk series, which adds some odd new powers to the other Hulk characters, like giving She-Hulk "energy-projecting punches," whatever that means. (Can you really call something a punch if it doesn't physically connect with something?)

17. Guy Gardener

How many fists can you make from your entire body to punch with?

18. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Does this also mean that the voice cast is the same?

19. Christopher

The only information I have is in the link I provided. No mention was made of the voice cast. I would imagine that if it is meant to be a continuation, then it would probably keep the same voice cast, and indeed Marvel has been known to use the same actors for voice roles in multiple continuities (for instance, Fred Tatasciore is their usual Hulk and Steve Blum is their usual Wolverine).

On the other hand, in-continuity revamps don't always stick with the same cast. The "teenage" Ben 10 shows recast most of the voices, even of adult or alien characters (Grandpa Max and Tetrax were the only major characters not recast). The New Batman Adventures kept most of the original cast, but recast Batgirl, Montoya, Scarecrow, Killer Croc, Bane, and a few others. Spider-Man Unlimited initially pretended to be loosely in continuity with the preceding Spider-Man animated series, but recast everyone (and soon abandoned the pretense of continuity anyway).

20. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Essentially the reverse of JLU and Justice League.

I think it's pretty evident that Jeph Loeb's idea of good animation involves less characters and a more episodic format.