The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

I haven't read all of World War Z, so I'm not sure if this is covered, but I figure an oil rig would be fairly safe from zombies.

2. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

Once your supplies run out, whattya got?

You'd need a crane operator and copter with pilot, too.

Plus hurricane season wouldn't be fun.

3. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

The problem with a prison or oil rig, is you'd STILL need to take lots of trips outside for supplies. Especially the more people you get in there.

Edit. Oops, looks like Disrupter beat me to it.

4. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nuclear submarine or an aircraft carrier might be another.

5. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A more feasible solution for the characters in TWD would be to find a decent island on Lake Lanier. Being a man-made lake in the mountains/foothills of North Georgia, it has plenty to choose from. And since it's such a large lake, it would be easy to live off the fish. The only thing I'd worry about is if Buford Dam eventually gave way. By then, hopefully the walkers wouldn't be much of a problem.

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

7. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Heeeeey! The "Bitch, pleaseā„¢" face!!!

8. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

Immediately upon the director coming on board, the script was rewritten. Turns out that it was rewritten *so* extensively that JMS no longer has a writing credit for the film. I think this is pretty unusual.

Jan

9. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not at all; welcome to Hollywood!

WWZ is required reading for those who want to survive the zombie apocalypse. Or at least those who will die DURING the zombie apocalypse, but safe in the knowledge that the world may eventually turn out more or less okay. :P

10. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I don't know. Zombies may not be able to swim, but providing the water isn't too deep they can walk along a lake bed easy enough. It may even take them a while but Zak is nothing if not persistent and determined. On the other hand, if it's an island with cliffs on all sides, then that might make it the safest option. You'd still need enough square acreage to grow enough crops to feed yourselves, survive winter plus extra for emergencies AND a fresh water supply. Then there's the problem of fuel. Between fires and building material you might find yourself running low on trees after a year or two. No matter which way you cut it, I think that unless you can clear and make save a LARGE island (think Ireland, Iceland, Madagascar etc) then you're going to ultimately end up starving or freezing to death.

11. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not even going to get into the whole 'where could they go to survive' discussion. Thats a whole new discussion in itself.

Sat down and marathoned the entire second half of the series. Not bad. Amazing how the entire group dynamic has changed in only a few episodes. People who you previously couldn't stand *cough*Hershel*cough* have really stepped up to the plate now that the chips were down.

And its pretty damned amusing the amount of fan rage that Lori and Carl are generating. I hope the show producers are paying attention.

Haven't read the comic, but I hope that next season isn't just a retread of every bad post-apocolyptic movie ever made and some prison boss has decided to set himself up as the local warlord.

Can't really blame Rick for how he reacted toward the end. He's tried to be the nice guy all this time and look where thats got him. Maybe its time to give the 'alpha male' method a try.

Has anybody mentioned the fact that during the end battle, everyone was pulling off perfect headshots while hanging out the window of moving cars? Driving over grass no less? Probably the only thing that took me out of the story.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  12. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I guess all that target practice earlier really paid off.

Now if only they had spent more time setting up some kind of actual barrier or warning system around the farm...

13. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

well they did have a fence. It would take years to build anything else.

14. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

And, they also had an early warning system in the form of a "Tower Guard" hanging out on top of the RV on lookout, but, of course Queen Lori thought that was a waste of time and a good "dosmetic duty" resource, that should be cooking and cleaning instead of "sunbathing" :rolleyes:

15. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Too bad Lori didn't think keeping an eye on her son was part of her proper female domestic duties.

16. Silent_Bob

Silent_Bob Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not necessarily on the prison side of things. Every prison has secured open air areas. Get some vegetables planted there and you'd be able to sustain yourself after a while.

17. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

(Looks around nervously, shuffles feet, wonders how to respond)

18. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

19. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Okay, fine, I can't resist...it might be tempting to take a big ole cruise ship out to the middle of San Francisco Bay and just park there, but has anyone considered that decaying bodies float? I'm not at all convinced that the whole zombies-can't-swim philosophy is something I'd stake my life on.

20. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I also wonder if an island might lead to a false sense of security. Zombies don't need to breathe. They just wander around. A zombie might walk (underwater) onto an island and start an outbreak.