Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Like I stated earlier in thread I wouldn't be surprised if Harmon and the writers are purposely fucking with the fans minds. I just hope they know that there could come a time when that might backfire on them :) I'm not a shipper by any means but I do like the concept of Annie/Jeff.

2. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah. If the show has made any missteps it was the Jeff/Annie thing (and turning Chang from a bullying Spanish teacher to a wimpy loser).

Jeff/Britta being friends with benefits actually kind of works and is more or less consistent with their characters. Jeff and Annie seemed forced and probably written because McHale (quite sensibly) demanded a chance to lock lips with Allison Brie.

3. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Please. Jeff/Annie is the best thing about the show (and the reason I started watching).

And I ran across an interview with Harmon where he says they started the Jeff/Annie thing after seeing the chemistry that McHale and Brie have. I think it's safe to say that neither actor gets to make a "demand" about making out with other actors -- that'd border on sexual harassment.

4. Admiral_Young

Jeff/Annie is why I became a fan of the show too. It's not a mistake in the least. It COULD become a mistake if they choose to continue dick us around and not pay it off.

5. the G-man

Not if Brie didn't have a problem with it.

To each his own, of course.

However, to me, Jeff vs Annie based on the concept of her being an idealist and he being a complete cynic combined with a need for him to be her surrogate big brother is kind of fun... while Jeff and Annie considering a romance when she is supposedly only about 18 or 19 years old is, at best, just another variation on the cliched "Sam and Diane/Dave and Maddie/House and Cuddy" bit and, at worst, kind of creepy.

6. Admiral_Young

^ That's why it has the potential to work though and what they're making fun of at the same time. Ultimately the show seems to be about making fun of tropes and Jeff/Annie is another one.

7. the G-man

Yeah, but sometimes making fun of a trope doesn't work and you're just stuck with the trope.

8. Admiral_Young

Which comes around to my original point of paying it off.

9. Admiral_Young

It looks like Shirley is going into labor in tonight's episode (I hope no one considers that a spoiler). Looking forward to the episode but will probably be recording it and watching it after the hockey game.

10. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

She goes into labor in the season finale.

I hope the baby comes out hispanic. :lol:

11. Admiral_Young

^ Yes but according to the synopsis she goes into full blown labor tonight. Maybe she gives birth in the finale.

When the Anthropology class assembles for their final exam, Shirley notices a twinge, which quickly escalates into full-blown labor. As Jeff and Britta argue about how best to help, Chang is anxious to claim this "early" labor as clear evidence that it's a "Chang Baby!" Meanwhile, Greendale is hosting a World Food Festival in the parking lot and a riot ensues - Dean Pelton is caught in the crossfire.

12. bigdaddy

I thought she was supposed to go into labor during paintball. Maybe it's a all a fake out for some big surprise.

13. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

paintball again?

14. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

jeff is such a smart ass and here comes the contractions. is pepto good for pregnate women? boy I love what annie is wearing.

15. Admiral_Young

@ObiWan...yes the finale is a sequel to "Modern Warfare" from last season.

16. bigdaddy

Oh thank god... (the baby)

17. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

the way britta and jeff are talking are they getting back together?

18. Admiral_Young

^ They'd have to have been together in the first place to get back together...and my guess is no. That was just their usual banter although I'm getting the impression that Jeff admires Britta's characteristics to some degree which is why he makes fun of her so much.

That was a great episode. Annie was indeed smoking in this episode. Nice ending to the pregnancy storyline and Chang was actually awesome in this episode. I'd say that was one of Ken Jeong's most solid performances in the show.

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

They've been boinking all season.

I took the pregnancy/mother talk by Britta to foreshadow that Winger had got one past the goalie.

20. Admiral_Young

^ Hmmm that's a possibility and something that we could see for next season. That would really be an interesting plot line but I dunno if they would do two pregnancies in a row. I feel bad for Annie they need to give her a storyline. Give Allison a chance to do something. She must've LOVED her role in "Scream 4".