What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Quantum of solace, trying to get that plat trophy, done all the game single player trophies now just the online ones which are always a pain.

2. Garrett

Garrett Vice Admiral Admiral

The LIVE integration is probably what annoyed me the most about playing Halo 2 on the PC. Perhaps it would have been less annoying if I didn't care about getting the achievements, but I ended up having to replay a lot of the game every time my progress got out of sync with where LIVE thought I should be.

I haven't played any other LIVE supported games on my PC, so I'm not sure how common that sort of thing is.

I've mostly been playing Fallout New Vegas lately. The main story hasn't really grabbed me so far, but I'm finding I'm enjoying this game even more than Fallout 3 so far. Especially with not having the repetitive Metro locations, and the faction rep. I always intend to play these sorts of games over with another character but never do. With rep and having more quests available to only one side or another, I might actually do it this time. Crafting is pretty cool, but I haven't done much of it.

I'm taking a small break from it to finish some of the others I'd been working on previously, like Medal of Honor. I might finally get around to finishing the Modern Warfare campaign finally.

I also got a Kinect this week, which has been a lot of fun. I got it with Kinect Sports, which is still unopened, and Your Shape: Fitness Evolved. I was pretty excited for the latter since my original intent for picking up the Kinect was to get more exercise (and without spending a large portion of my time trying to get it to detect my movements properly like always happens when I use EA Active Sports on the Wii), but I've been finding I'm playing Kinect Adventures a lot more.

Your Shape also seems to not be reading me as accurately as Adventures (or Adventures isn't as picky?) I'm not sure if it's the Kinect, the game or what. The first time I tried it, it cut off my feet. The second time, it read my feet, but cut off the top of my head. It wasn't really an issue where you just follow along with the AI instructor movements, but it did make playing some of the games a little difficult where you have to kick or step on the right area. I'm hoping EA Active Sports 2 will be better.

I'm not sure how great the Kinect will be long term, but I'm having a blast with it so far. I even ordered Dance Central, which I never thought I would do. :p

3. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Put me down as another one who (at least initially) had issues with Halo 2 pc and Live. I think it was more the Halo side in this case as I had used Live before. Halo just didn't recognize that Live was there.

4. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

Right now I'm playing the wiimake of Goldeneye, Castlevania Rondo of Blood, and The Wii release of The Dragon's Lair Trilogy (the nostalgia is immense).

5. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I finished Enslaved earlier today. I gotta say I really enjoyed it. Now I'm deciding whether I wanna go for the Platinum trophy or not.

6. Lor'Vela

Lor'Vela Captain Captain

Birth of the Federation, or rather a modded version of it.

7. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Today I started on Fallout New Vegas.

So far so good. :cool:

8. Brandonv

Brandonv Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer(PC)
    FEAR 2: Project Origin (PC)

9. stalin2005

stalin2005 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

After finishing Fable 2 (a bit meh) I've now started on Far Cry 2. This is the third time I've started the game and only now am I enjoying it. An open world fps set in Africa is apparently what I was looking for...

10. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

If this is the 360 version, be aware of a bug that can corrupt your save game, though there is a patch for it.

Regardless of version, here's a tip if you want to look at it:

When you're given the choice to either defend the church or the bar, go to the bar, and, when the attack comes, kill as many of your friends as you can by shooting them in the back of the head.

Trust me on this - you'll thank me for it later!

11. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes (DS)
    Rune Factory 3 (DS)
    Minecraft (PC)

12. Lor'Vela

Lor'Vela Captain Captain

I couldn't be bothered to finish my last game of BotF. The AI was incredibly feable and was just boring to keeping clicking the turn button when nothing happens.

Currently gone back to playing PoP 2008 again.

13. stalin2005

stalin2005 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Thanks for the tips!

14. think

think Like Spock Premium Member

st-online

I am waiting for season three now or series three what ever it is called .. :) holodecks on the computer and such LOL

15. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

ST: Legacy for the 360, I beat it a while back, I just do the couple skirmishes now.

The Orange Box: Portal/Half Life 2 also for the 360, gearing up for Portal 2.

Smackdown! vs. RAW 2011 (360)

16. Lunarflower

Lunarflower Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Mostly just Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. I was playing Tales of Vesperia, but got stuck at an annoying enemy, then Assassin's Creed came out. So I'll probably pick it up again sometime after I beat Assassin's Creed.

17. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I have started playing heavy rain with the move controller and i and enjoying it thoroughly, it adds so much more immersion into what is a already fantastic game.

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I started Ass Creed Bro and got to the start of the second memory. Anybody know how many "sequences" are in the game?

19. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I also started AC:B yesterday. Based on the trophy list, there are 9 DNA memory sequences. I'm at the start of the third one. Good game so far, though Ezio is being a bit of a dick.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Been in a bit of a fantasy mood lately, so I fired up Dragon Age: Origins. I needed to finish my Evil Warden playthrough anyway. :techman: