If you could live on any Trek Planet...

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by 2 of 10, Dec 25, 2008.

1. 2 of 10

2 of 10 Captain Captain

If you could live on any Federation or non Federation planet on Trek, which one would you choose. Jadzia chose Casperia Prime for her and Worfs honeymoon, from her description of the planet it did sound pretty nice. Risa is an no-brainer, be creative and make a choice of the planet you would either like to visit, vacation or live on...

2. GodThingFormerly

GodThingFormerly A Different Kind of Asshole

An "American" in Friedrichshafen, Deutschland
    I'd divide my time between Wrigley's Pleasure Planet and Delta IV.

TGT

3. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmm...I'm not sure, because both of the ones that spring to mind immediately have issues--but I would be looking for a warm-to-hot world to live on, somewhere I wouldn't have to put up with winter, and where I could have lots of sun. I am not stuck on having to have a lot of greenery. (Plus...a rock garden in lieu of a full lawn sounds like just the low-maintenance thing for me.)

Let me immediately rule out Risa, however. Just like in real life, I find nothing interesting about beaches and the sort of vacations where you don't DO anything. Concerts, museums, historic attractions, and other things should be abundant. I want to be able to DO something when I want to get out of the house.

While Vulcan would seem to fit...I don't think I can do that, culturally-speaking.

Cardassia also pops into mind, but man, unfortunate doesn't even cover all the bad things that happen to that place. :(

Any other suggestions for an interesting, summery getaway?

4. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For me, the no brainer is Earth. 24th Century Earth is the paradise I've always dreamed of.
    As for vacation, Risa sounds nice. I might just have to choose the Shore Leave planet. I can imagine some pretty damn nice things!

5. Jolaris

Jolaris Commander Red Shirt

Berengaria VII, I have always wanted to have my own dragon as a pet... :drool:

6. Commander Rabbit

Commander Rabbit Commander

Me, too. With vacations on a variety of planets.

7. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Vulcan. Some of those Vulcan chicks are pretty damn hot ;)

8. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

I'd like a cozy log cabin on a M planet much like Earth but with no settlements, so I could go on long hikes and catalog wildlife and map the terrain like Lewis and Clark did 200 years ago.

9. trekkerguy

trekkerguy Commodore Commodore

There is that, but I doubt we would manage all that well there with all the logic and all ;)

Aside from my home planet, I would love to spend time on Andoria.

10. Red Ranger

Red Ranger Admiral In Memoriam

New York City, the greatest city in the world!
    I'd split my time between Earth and Deneva -- without all those flying pancake creatures, it looked like a nice place! A visit to the Rigel system for an occasional vacation sounds good, too! And yearly pilgrimages to Wrigley's Pleasure Planet and Risa would be a no-brainer! -- RR

11. blaXXer

blaXXer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

RISAAAAA!!!

no, wai-

12. Rÿcher

Rÿcher Fleet Captain

Casperia Prime sounded nice. Bajor even. Like going to Ireland.

13. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Andoria!

I would like to vacation on Vulcan, Denobula, Mars, Earth, Luna, Risa, Bajor, Pacifica, Romulus and Cardassia though.

14. Ezri II

Ezri II Captain

I want it to be warm so I would pick VULCAN.

I do not mind the Vulcans and I want to learn interesting ideas about life.

15. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Rubicon III (TNG: "Justice")

Once you get past the bad 80's hair and stay off the plants....what you've got is a pleasant world where people have sex at the drop of a hat....any hat. Sounds like paradise to me :D. Of course Risa is the same way with out the risk of lethal injection and angry interdementional "gods." Delta IV would probably be fun, but apparently humans have a difficult time keeping up with the natives....

Betazed sounds pretty nice as well. (at least before the Dominion occupation)

16. Mr Nighttime

Mr Nighttime Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Caldos.

Being a person with Scottish ancestry and who enjoys the Highland games and festivals, I would love a colony patterned after the Highlands of Scotland. Every building had a piece of a Scottish building as well.

17. mythme

mythme Commodore Commodore

I believe it was Dralax where, in "Broken Bow", Mayweather said the women "had three".

;)

18. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Earth sounds pretty damn nice to me. So does Risa and Deneva. If I'm in the mood for some fem-dom, I suppose Orion. ;)

Although I suppose I wouldn't want to be on Deneva or Risa during the Borg invasion, since they sterilized those worlds, amongst others.

19. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

Exo-III, with my very own Andrea squad.

20. dreadpiraterose

dreadpiraterose Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think Bajor is quite beautiful, and wouldn't mind living there.