Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along blog

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Bob The Skutter, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Yes, it still would be,because it's a free stream, there are paid downloads coming.

2. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Commodore Commodore

I do love Hulu. Occasionally it'll stutter on me, but for the most part I haven't had any problems with it (except for video selection, but they're improving that).

It's not a free download. It's a free streaming video. It can be downloaded from iTunes (not for free), and, should the iTunes downloads prove profitable, will be made available on DVD eventually.

The folks who made this thing have to get paid somehow, especially since most of the work was done on this during the WGA strike.

3. Kryton

Kryton Admiral Admiral

Oh...my bad then. I misunderstood when reading upthread that there would be actual free downloads of the segments through Sunday. I didn't realize they actually meant "streaming". <blush>

"Sorry about that, Chief!"

4. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

Actually, it's going to be brought out on DVD anyway - that's always been in the plan.

I would link to the plan, but the official site, the main fan site, and Whedonesque have all been overwhelmed by the traffic at the present time...

5. Bob The Skutter

Just thought I'd repost this here, from DrHorrible.net.

6. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Watched it this morning whilst getting ready for work.
    Was pretty good but I'd like to see it again to properly sit and down and watch it. Have to wait till its back online.
    Hilarious when Fillion appeared, "a man's got to do, what a man's got to do!" :lol:

7. Bob The Skutter

I liked that too
    and a little later
    :lol:

8. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Saw it early this morning, but I'd like to watch again...bring the site back already...!

I'd go the iTunes route (I have a gift card and everything), but I really don't have the hard drive space to spare, and once you delete the downloaded file I'm pretty sure you have to pay to get it again.

9. Bob The Skutter

You can back them up, and then re-authorise them when you put it back on your computer. Or at least you can with music, I don't know about video.

10. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

it was ok, no once more with feeling, Joss is good at picking attractive red heads for his projects

11. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

The IP is 207.57.78.179. Unfortunately, hulu uses referer access. So you can change your host file to fit that IP address. (207.57.78.179 drhorrible.com) So that should get you access until ISPs are updated.

12. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

And God bless him for that! :drool:;)

13. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh this is great. Felicia Day is very nice to look at. Fillion and NPH are hysterical. I might even have a new audition song in "Freeze Ray" if I can somehow get sheet music for it. Of course better songs may be in Acts II and III.

14. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

Nathan Fillion is perhaps the only actor in the world who could deliver this line well. :lol:

I thought it was hilarious and awesome, myself. Can't wait to see more!

15. witchie

witchie Commodore Commodore

The Hulu link sucked, which I usually don't mind, but damnit...this was NPH! Loved it! So cute and funny. Already on the iPod.

16. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just saw Act I. It was Fantastic and quite funny.

Songs weren't bad either.

I wish "The Middleman" TV show looked and felt more like this.

Oh well, bring on Act II.

17. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

That was 13:49 of pure awesomeness! :D

Neil Patrick Harris was perfect as the introverted evil-but-not-completely-evil Dr Horrible ("The park? There are kids there."). Nathan Fillion was hilarious as the over-the-top Captain Hammer, and Felicia Day was adorable as the shy, wanting-to-help-the-homeless Penny. Simon Helberg had a solid performance as Moist, but the character seemed somewhat superfluous in this act, considering the natural focus on the three main characters; it'd be nice to see him have an opportunity to do something in act two or three.

I haven't had time to get to it yet, but I plan on reading Zack Whedon's Captain Hammer: Be Like Me! online comic later today. I may even purchase a couple of the t-shirts for sale at Jinx and I will absolutely purchase the DVD when it becomes available.

18. Bob The Skutter

Is that Joss singing the "Bad Horse" song?

19. Kryton

Kryton Admiral Admiral

I recognized Simon Helberg from CBS's "Big Bang Theory" which I've just started watching. :)

20. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

I think that was Jed, Zack, and Joss Whedon. I think.