Elton Pope from "Love and Monsters" in "The Good Wife"

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Mitty, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Mitty

Mitty Vice Admiral Admiral

The Good Wife has to be probably my favourite show on TV. Every episode is awesome and they get some awesome actors to play even minor roles.

One of the major story lines in the fourth season sees the return of Kalinda's ex husband, and as far as I'm aware at the end of Season 3 the part hadn't been cast even though it was heavily foreshadowed. People thought they might stunt cast it with a big name, but it turns out they've cast Marc Warren, whom Who fans will know from the less than stellar episode "Love and Monsters".

He's definitely playing a very different character in this to what he played in Who! Even if you aren't a Good Wife fan, try and check it out.

The same episode also features Nathan Lane.

I keep myself very spoiler free for the Good Wife, I remember when I watched the first episode that featured Michael J Fox I had no idea he was going to be in it. His very first appearance was just in the background and I remember thinking "god I love this show". It was great seeing him on TV again.

2. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Have you not seen him in Hustle? The Discworld miniseries Hogfather? Mad Dogs?

(BTW, a snippet from Wikipedia:
    So there y'go.)

The Good Wife is one of those shows I'll watch if it's on.

3. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

I love Marc Warren. He was fantastic in "State of Play", too.

4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I like Marc Warren, although he was horribly miscast as Dracula by the Beeb a few years ago. Older than he looks...I never knew that he was in contention to be the 4th series companion? Would this have meant paving slab Ursula propped up in the Tardis?

5. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I've tried mightily to forget that version of Dracula. It had a decent cast, but the script was atrocious.

6. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He'll always be Private Blythe to me. His episode of 'Band of Brothers' was heart-wrenching.

7. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Wonder where that idea came from? Per Russell's book, the companion was going to be the journalist Penny, and they had already written scripts with her in them. The whole season changed in favor of Donna, but they still brought in the companion-who-never-was in that Partners in Crime episode.

8. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

The Journalist Penny? Is that the Black Anchor Woman, who has a different hair style in each appearance, and I didn't ever catch she was the same Actress/Character through so many episodes, until they spotlighted her in the recent BBCA Doctor Who Special? I didn't get to see much of it, but, I saw she was talking about the part and they kept flashing various appearances of her.

9. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

No, she was only in the one episode. When Foster goes into the restroom and Donna thinks she's coming for her, it's Penny she's after. She takes Penny back to her office and shows her the Adipose, ties her to the chair, and she sits there until the Doctor eventually frees her.

Later, she says she's going to report them all for "madness."