Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Which is ridiculous, because there is a full HD CG model used in a YouTube video that looks better than any thing in any version of TMP. Look up a video called "Star Trek- A Space Odyssey". EDIT: Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvPrYMczF3k&feature=youtube_gdata_player It's a full HD recreation of the space dock scene from early in the film from the initial shuttle pod approach and fly around, to clearing moorings and departure to a flight through the solar system past Jupiter and then a jump to Warp. Point being, is that using this model, they could recreate every exterior scene in the film.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  2. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Agreed, as I'm in the NW of England and subscribed to it for the inital run. Hopefully they'll learn the lesson next time that in the Internet age they might get subscribers from outside the trial area. Let alone international interest.

3. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Damn! They really do appear to be of a higher-than-normal quality I've come to expect from most mass-produced ship replica lines. I'm very psyched for these things.

4. Johnny Rico

New photo of the three subscription loyalty bonus models up: Borg Cube - it's HUGE! (looks to be 6"x 6"x 6", maybe 6.5", I can't tell), "AGT" ENT-D, and Enterprise Dedication Plaque.

5. 137th Gebirg

One word: :drool:

6. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Can someone with Facebook ask them about confirmation of pre-order e-mails (and why such aren't sent out)?

(No, I do not have a facebook account. Nor will I ever.) ;)

Do they have Twitter?

7. 137th Gebirg

I would if I had a FaceBook account...

8. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

OK, I asked on FB. I'll let you know if/how they respond.

9. Johnny Rico

Seems like several other people have had confirmation email issues as per their posts on FB. I got mine within minutes of ordering. Might be due to your spam/junk filter.

Yep, just checked my email backlog...it's from startrek-ships@eaglemoss-service.com. You can subsequently email that address for issues pertaining to the confirmation email or call 0844 493 6091

10. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Looks like a few people on Facebook were asking about Canadian shipping too and got this encouraging reply:

"we are arranging this at the moment and hope to have some more news for you in the next few weeks"

Well, we can hope. :rolleyes:

11. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Just looked through my junk mail... nada.

Just junk.

Sent an e-mail in. See what we get.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  12. Johnny Rico

Good luck. Not much luck getting replies by email. However, posts on their FB page usually get responses from staff.

13. mythme

mythme Commodore Commodore

I subscribed last Saturday. Got an email within seconds. I was expecting to wait until at least Monday for confirmation. looking forward to this line. Now my only problem is trying to find room for shelf space to display them.

14. t_smitts

Considering it'll be months before even the first one arrives, and they'll be well staggered out after that, you have plenty of time to sort out a display arrangement.

15. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

And if you look further through Youtube you'll find several videos from various fans that surpass things from even more recent shows.

Paramount could easily render a new model of far greater detail if they wanted, but so far I'm unaware of them even trying.

16. t_smitts

Well, until DS9 comes out in HD, they have no reason to.

17. Johnny Rico

I've got a 7 shelf cabinet (if you count the top) that I have trinkets on right now that I'm thinking about using. It has been kind of my DVD/BD overflow storage of like box sets of old series I'll probably never watch again. Just need to box that stuff up and put it all in the loft.

18. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

19. t_smitts

If you check the complete list, it seems the alternate Enterprise is a special for UK buyers, but I'm sure it'll eventually make it's way to the US too.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_The_Official_Starships_Collection

(Worst case scenario, a few will eventually turn up on eBay).

20. 137th Gebirg

Now this is interesting. I sent an email to the earlier-mentioned address asking for confirmation of my pre-order, and this was their response:
    I'm now curious if those who actually received confirmation of their pre-order was a part of their UK database. I'm surprised to see that they have two separate databases, and even more surprised that they won't be able to give me a solid answer for another 6 weeks. Methinks they were unprepared for the influx of orders they are receiving. This is a good thing, I guess, as it may be enough to justify a longer run. In the meantime, however, they appear to be playing catch-up with their rapidly growing customer base. They must have seriously underestimated the potential popularity of this offering.