Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah, yes.
    Hey look, here's this totally unrelated screenshot taken not long ago. :ouch:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks! :D
    I wanted to get up there before Tumerboy fixes it this Tuesday.

2. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Ditto, I know they will move the forklift or nerf it somehow in the near future.

I was able to explore quite a bit on the rooftops of SFA before they nerfed that.

3. Amaris

Yeah, Tumerboy said straight out that he was aware of it and would have it fixed by Tuesday, so I knew I had to get up there at least once. :D

4. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

So something Star Trek related will be fixed on Tuesday? :eek:

5. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I know that. The forklift truck only gets me on that one building.
    The catwalk then gets me to the sunset side.
    However, I have no clue how to get to the opposite edge of the city in order to watch the sunrise from there.

6. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

you don't... go to the edge of the building and watch it... the rendering will disappear from most angles and you get a clear view of it.

7. Amaris

Yep. Like so:
    [​IMG]

Also, planking in Hathon!
    [​IMG]

8. CorporalClegg

I have an in-game stalker. :(

9. Amaris

Seriously? If so, have you put them on ignore and reported them?
    Do you need me to show up in game and beat the crap out of them?

10. CorporalClegg

Sure.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the person's name. The character's name was Ahsoka spelled wrong, but I forgot to write down the handle.

And never actually said anything to me just put me on follow, and when I changed zones, they'd somehow find me and do it again. After about the third time I confronted them, but got no reply. Eventually I just got mad and logged out.

11. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Try putting them on ignore, then changing instances. That seems to work in other games. You can also change your privacy settings so that only friends can see you.

If you see me online while they're stalking you, give me a shout. If nothing else, I'll blast them with tribbles. :p

12. Bird of Prey

Bird of Prey Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

An in-game stalker? I've never heard of anyone doing that before. Let us know if it happens when we're online. I can understand how frustrating that must have been.

I must say I had a rather good weekend, stf loot wise. Picked up my first piece of mk XI Maco ground gear (for 40 edc's), got the mk XII Maco space shields and deflector, and a Mk XI Maco ship shield (before I got the mk XII). Now I have to grind the Cure space elite stf to complete the set with Mk XII Maco impulse engine.

13. Timelord Victorious

You got 2 Prototype techs already?:eek:
    Did you bribe Gozer or something?

14. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

If so how much should you bribe him for.

15. Bird of Prey

5,000,000 energy credits and some blood wine. :lol: I guess it was just luck. I only ran about 7 STF's over the past 4 days, and I picked up 2 prototype and 1 rare tech (along with some rare salvage that got me MkXII ship weapons). They weren't kidding when the devs said they increased the drop rate for STF loot. I hope my luck holds out and I can get the engine prototype tech from the Cure without having to repeat it too much. Perhaps a few fleet runs are in order?

For the most part, I was in STF's with some PUGs, so it became a bit of a grind - but the rewards were worth it. After getting the second MACO XII component, I ran Infected space normal to test it out and we had it finished in under 15 minutes. It was the quickest I have ever done that STF with a random group of people.

16. Hartzilla2007

There is one thing about STF looting that I have come to be annoyed about and that is the Need or Greed system which means I can see an EDC or Rare or Prototype drop, but I can't get the drop unless I have the better roll. :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

17. Bird of Prey

I've never seen a prototype drop in the need/greed loot - only EDC's and other tech (and lock boxes... so many lock boxes). The prototypes I received were all in the individual loot drops at the end of the mission.

18. Hartzilla2007

Well I haven't seen a protoype in the need/greed loot, I was in a pug that managed to get the optional on Cure normal and in the loot thing was a rare tech, WHCIH I DIDN'T GET:klingon:

19. syberghost

syberghost Commander Red Shirt

STO official forums community moderator emeritus
    If you're planning to bribe Gozer, he likes hand-made gifts a lot. Especially if they involve Klingons in some manner.

20. Timelord Victorious

One of these days you must pm me your actual connection to Cryptic. I will keep it completely confidential of course and only exploit it for completely selfish reaso.. I mean, no way would I exploit that. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.