Being Human series 5

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Bob The Skutter, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Looks like Being Human is back the first week of February. Judging from previous series it'll likely be Sunday the 3rd.

Given the cast change and the way last series ended it seems this is going to be a big departure from what's come before. Early reviews seem fairly positive and after last series being a bit iffy (though overall I enjoyed it.)

2. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Looking forward to seeing where this goes.. I loved the original cast, but I'll definitely give this a shot..

3. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I loved Annie, George, Mitchell and Nina, but I've also grown to love Hal and Tom very quickly, and while we saw little of Alex, she seemed like she could be very interesting too. The three of them have great chemistry.

Being Human has proven itself to be really great at creating engaging characters. I like that the new characters are not copies of the old ones at all, they are all very different but lovable in their own way.

The only thing I didn't like about season 4 was the baby storyline.

4. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

Fantastic. This gives me plenty of time to give series 4 a rewatch as well.

That rarest of beasts: a brilliant show on BBC3.

5. Bob The Skutter

I've watched series 4 in the meantime but it's official series 5 starts on the 3rd at 10pm.

6. Bob The Skutter

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gk9TmICVJ6o[/yt]

7. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the US it's uncertain when series 5 will be available. But all the new characters were already introduced. I like Hal better than Mitchell, but George better than Tom. Both ghosts are more or less equally appealing but both are saddled with a tediously incoherent mythology. The upshot is that I'll be watching when it finally shows up here.

8. Bob The Skutter

Did anyone watch the first episode? Thought it was a fair start to the new series. Interested to see where they go with it. But news comes this morning that series 5 is to be the last. Not all that surprising really but I hope they have something decent to replace it with.

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Oh god?! What have you done to the bathroom!?!?"

That was so funny.

Sad to see the angle they're taking with the Vampie Police. :(

I've been taught by 30 years of Yes Minister that the British Civil Service in indefeatable.

Apparently not.

10. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm resigned with the fact that S5 is the last. Before I got the news, I had this feeling that S5 will be the end.

I enjoyed the first episode. I hope Hal find some peace.

11. Bob The Skutter

I'm surprised it got a 5th series to be honest. BBC Three were cutting the drama budget back to 1 series and I didn't expect that one would be Being Human.

12. Guy Gardener

Thus's t'only 'ort o' funal epuhsid thah kin cum frum whun yoh nu thut yoo've bin cuncalled.

Fuck you Inception.

13. Bob The Skutter

Well it was a more upbeat ending than I expected but why did they have to pull that bit at the end?

14. Guy Gardener

The devil is two hundred feet tall picking up people with one cloven hand, biting their heads off like a cheap cigar, and spitting faces off into the fairweather... Our Heavy Metal Album covers have been spot on.

It's a little bit The Prisoner, and a little bit Brazil.

Besides, it's idiot bait.

"Awww, they lived happily ever after."

"Um, are you smart?"

"What do you mean? They lived happily ever after."

"Just watch the episode again."

"What are you talking about, they lived happily ever after!"

"No they didn't and... "

15. Bob The Skutter

Apparently there's an extra scene on the DVD that will clear it up.

16. Guy Gardener

Like the extra scene on the Earthshock DVD were Adrik survives crashing intt he earth and killing all the dinosaurs? (check youtube. Hilarious.)

I mean, the DVD is either going to restate the obvious at a greater volume for the hard of hearing and simple, or back pedal claiming that they were just kidding like when Gina Davis and Susan Saradon claimed during pre-chatter while handing out an Academy Award that Thelma and Louise Bounced when they hit the bottom of the grand Canyon because they both wanted to be the in the sequal becuase they had bills to pay.

17. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

I was genuinely expecting them all to die and maybe even have the devil win. Still, this was nice too.

I'm still annoyed this got cancelled after just one full series of Hal, Tom and Alex though. I would quite happily watch another series of those three watching Cash in the Attic/Bargain Hunt if that's what's on offer!

18. Bob The Skutter

That wasn't what I was talking about. I meant the
    hint that this may all be a dream the devil cooked up for them.

Yeah, I was expecting them all to die and saving the world to be the happy ending of sorts. And I agree it's a shame we only got a short time with these guys, would gladly have kept watching, but at least it was a decent ending. I guess we just hope that In The Flesh is good and continues for a few series.

19. Guy Gardener

There was no way that that was a "hint".

Nobody lived happily ever after.

Sure, their souls are in a happy-place but the Devil is sticking pineapples up their bum.

(You know something is wrong when you unintentionally reference two different Adam Sandlar movies in one sentence.)

20. Bob The Skutter

And it's all Hal's fault because he told the devil that he messed up in not putting them together. Though to be fair they may have all died and that's them in heaven.