Which novel or series have you re-read the most?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Mage, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just finished Destiny for the third time, I'm sort of re-reading Vanguard for a third time in between other stuff. I think I've read the DS9 relaunch at least three times over all the years.

Which novels can you pick and read again and again without losing interest?

2. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Strangers from the Sky.

Most of the Reeves-Stevens' work, but especially Memory Prime, Prime Directive, and Federation. Also, The Ashes of Eden and The Return.

Vendetta.

More recently, Provenance of Shadows.

3. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

So far, novellas from Myriad Universes:

Places of Exile (read in total two or three times)
    The Chimes at Midnight
    Brave New World

It is likely that I will re-read the entire series at least once more sometime.

I've also re-read two VOY-R novels and might reread them again.

One day, when I have all the novels and episodes, I might read/watch/play (STO) everything in internal chronological order. :bolian:

4. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm still working diligently to have read all the Trek books I want for the first time. But i know I will some day read Destiny and DTI again. Perhaps the Beyer Voyager series as well.

5. zarkon

zarkon Captain Captain

Reread all of these over five times(save the newest Errand book):

-Spock's World
    -Doctor's Orders
    -Federation
    -Memory Prime
    -First Frontier
    -Errand series
    -A Rock and a Hard Place
    -And of course "The Final Reflection"

6. Nathan

Nathan Commander Red Shirt

Serpents Among the Ruins by DRGIII I've read about 4 times...I read it every few years. I've posted before what a kick @$$ book that is....so I won't digress further on that.

Also have read Vanguard twice, the whole thing. I remember reading about it being a new series...I thought, "OK, they got a lawyer, a writer, and old fart for the cranky doctor and some Orion as a space trader as main characters....this is gonna suck."

I was wrong. Probably the very first book and Reap th Whirlwind were my two favs in the series. Vanguard I think captured the Essence of Trek.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've read A Stitch in Time and the DS9: Avatar books a couple times each. I think I've read the first four or five New Frontier books 2 or three times now. I think I've read VAN: Harbinger at least 2 or 3 times. I've got a lot of Trek books that I plan to reread eventually, but for now I'm just trying to focus on getting caught up on the current stuff before I go back.

8. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

Destiny, Beyer's novels, DTI, and when I was in high school about a decade ago I couldn't get enough of New Frontier. Re-read those a million times.

9. Paper Moon

Paper Moon Commander Red Shirt

I've probably read Articles cover-to-cover at least 4 times.

I went through a phase where I loooooved the Shatnerverse novels, and would read them over and over again.

I've read ASD multiple times, too, though it's lost a bit of its appeal on reread...

Definitely have reread the Myriad Universe tales many times.

10. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

I enjoyed the Invasion Series as well as the Lost Years books.

11. WarsTrek1993

WarsTrek1993 Captain Captain

I've read The Return and Destiny many a time, and I imagine I'll be reading Avatar and Abyss several times throughout the years!

12. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

"Star Trek: The Motion Picture", "The Entropy Effect", "Strangers from the Sky" and "Andor: Paradigm". And I'd love to find time to reread "Immortal Coil".

Comics: "Double Blind" two-parter (Diane Duane's comedy with Naraht the horta and the Ajir vs the Grond), and the first three DC TOS Annuals: #1 "All Those Years Ago...", #2 "The Final Voyage" (with Will Decker) and #3, "Retrospect" (the Scotty's wife story). And WildStorm's "New Frontier: Double Time" one-shot.

13. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

The ST novels I have reread the most are probably Prime Directive, Strangers From the Sky, The Final Reflection, The Wounded Sky and My Enemy, My Ally. Of course, these are all older ones so they've had more opportunity for rereads over the years! ;)

14. Garrovick

Garrovick Commander Red Shirt

Star Trek Log Ten was one of the first two ST books I owned (my mother picked it up for me in 1980 or 1981), so I've re-read it the most over the years, by far. Still one of the best early ST books, in my opinion. Alan Dean Foster adds quite a bit of material to his adaptation of "The Slaver Weapon" and it's still pretty good.

I've also read Star Trek Log Eight, The Entropy Effect, Black Fire, Web of the Romulans, The Wounded Sky, and the novelizations of TWOK, TSFS, and TVH many times over the years.

15. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Spock's world. Imzadi, Corona. Diane Duane's Romulan book series Beginning with My enemy My ally,The Myriad Universe books .Strange new worlds books.Strangers From the Sky,The Final Frontier and Best Destiny by Diane Carey.The wounded sky.Ilike alot of the older Tos sand ds9 books too many to mention here.Ds9 Emmissary by J.M Dillard.Vonda Mcintires Wrath of khan and Search Spock Movie novelsAlso The Voyage Home.I Also reread The Mirror Universe books last summer.I just re-read Immortal Coil and Abyss.

16. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Articles of the Federation, Destiny III, The Sorrows of Empire, Vanguard: Reap the Whirlwind, and Spock's World.

17. Spike730

Spike730 Captain Captain

Uhura's Song, Dwellers in the Crucible, Final Frontier, Serpents Among the Ruins, The Art of the Impossible

18. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I really don't think there are many books I would read more than once. I'd rather read one of the hundreds of novels I haven't got around to yet.

I think Lord of the Rings is probably the only thing I've knowingly read more than once...

19. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

I've re-read some parts of Mangels'/Martin's "The Good That Men Do" and William Leisner's "A Less Perfect Union". The latter was as especially enjoyable read.

20. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Up until about 5 years ago I read all my Trek books at least twice but the only one i've read more than that is Federation. IIRC, I've read that one 4 times.