Strategic Designs Connie - How do I get to Deck 5?

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Shawnster, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been looking over the Strategic Designs deck plans for the TOS Constitution Class. I have a larger copy that I was able to find. If anyone else has access to a larger, legible version, then I have a question for you.

How do I go from the Bridge to Deck 5? From what it looks like to me, the Bridge turbolift cannot stop at Deck 5 and let someone off. If I want to go to someone's quarters, I have to take the lift to Deck 6, have it travel vertically to another location, then the car will travel back up to Deck 5.

Does it look like that to anyone else or am I missing something?

2. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

I think there are several versions of the TOS Enterprise blueprints...

3. Shawnster

Not just the TOS plans, either. I've been studying a lot of different plans, cutaways and MSDs/profiles lately. It's amazing how "all over the place" dimensions for some of these ships are.

This one was boggling my mind last night. Just seems like a very poor design to not have direct access from the bridge to deck 5. I thought surely I was just missing it.

I'm working on a deck plan project for the Constellation class and I've been examining these different plans for ideas.

4. wildstar

wildstar Commander Red Shirt

Hi,

I was co-designer on those prints, and you're correct. It was a huge oversight. There's no reason why one of those lifts in the middle of deck 5 couldn't have a corridor connected to it. It something that I should have caught.

5. Shawnster

Glad to know I'm not crazy!

6. reanimatedfish

reanimatedfish Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'd jsut like to point out that this does not necessarily rule out insanity. Just insanity for the stated reasons.

7. TowerPower

TowerPower Commander Red Shirt

Hey Wildstar,
    I know you are redoing the plans in question for your Cydonia6 release. Are you going to correct that deck 5 issue for those plans?

8. TowerPower

TowerPower Commander Red Shirt

Shawnster,

I have been trying to compile all the deck plans and cutaways I can find on the TOS Constitution Class as well. Do you have any resources you can share? You can PM me if you have something personally to share, else just put here in this thread. I would appreciate any lists, links, etc you might have come across.

I have not made a complete list of what I have, but some off the top of my head are:
    1. The Franz Joseph set of booklet plans
    2. The cutaway AMT model kit
    3. Strategic Design original release
    4. Cydonia 6 set forthcoming
    5. Sci-Pub Tech poster
    6. Charles Casimiro set
    7. McMaster bridge
    8. Star Trek the role playing game 15mm plans
    9. Jackill's technical readouts - 2nd pilot ship
    10. Gilso's schematics
    11. Aridas Sofia schematic
    12. Doug Drexler MSD for In a Mirror Darkly
    13. Good Stuff 2 schematics
    14. Franz Joseph Star Trek Technical Manual
    15. U.S.S. Enterprise Officer's Manual
    Some of these are from the Cygnus-X1 site.

9. wildstar

wildstar Commander Red Shirt

Hi,

I have been working on them, but not as much free time as I would like. I *am aware* that a lot of people are waiting for any and all of the greyed out ships on my site. All I can say is that I'm doing my best.

And yes I plan to correct that and basically redo them overall. I was never a fan of the bunks as seen in ST6, so I'll be changing the layout to be more like the FJ plans, or the amazing FF Reliant plans. Separate rooms as seen in Scott's Guide.

Tim

10. TheWelshPirate

TheWelshPirate Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Wow, you're really going to cram in over 400 separate living quarters on that ship? That seems a bit wasteful.

As someone who was in the Navy and lived aboard an aircraft carrier for months at a time, I always thought those bunks in ST6 looked like a luxurious 5-star hotel.