Orphan Black kept my Attention.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Guy Gardener, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

How many characters is she playing?

It's unlikely that the big bad is only experimenting with one clamour of clones.

2. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is clamour the correct nomenclature for a group of clones?

Huh, I guess it is, well "clamor," at least. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  3. Guy Gardener

I only learnt this collective noun an hour before you did.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That is a cool list, I've never heard of most of those.
    And it's been bookmarked for future reference.

5. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9FQ8Fa-2tA[/yt]

The more trailers and various sneak peeks I see for Season 2, the more excited I get. The wait is almost over.

6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I really hope Felix is a clone too because that would make several fantasies I have about Jordan Gavaris even better. :)

Is it April yet? And can they make a few more episodes a season?

7. tomalak301

The only problem I would have is if Felix turns out to be a monitor. That was probably destroy his character and all that good will he had from last season. Keep him the loyal confidant because of all the characters who had the development from the last season, other than all the ones Maslany played, of course, Felix showed the most and became an awesome character.

8. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I just got the S1 blu-rays, I need to rewatch a few times before April.

As far as Felix goes, it would be very true to the show to have him be something other than what we think, wouldn't it?

9. Jaron

Jaron Captain Captain

I wouldn't worry. It was clear that Dr. Leekie had no idea who Sarah was until she took over Beth's life. That wouldn't make any sense if Felix were her monitor.

10. tomalak301

In preperation for Season 2, I just started a season 1 rewatch, and it's amazing the type of stuff you pick up watching this series again. For example, I just watched episode 2, Instinct, and the scene where Felix meets Mrs. S and she says "Kira is a Gift...Sarah has no idea" got to me, especially considering Kira seems to know about the clones and her miracle healing after the car accident. It got me thinking though, we don't know who the father is right? Sarah's an Orphan, has a daughter, but who is the father and really who is Kira? Is she an experiment from the clones and something else, or is she just a really special girl.

Like I said, I'm only up through episode 2 and I'm looking forward to the rest of this rewatch (And of course season 2) but it's cool how it seemed like this season was pretty planned out from the beginning. One of the things that got me hooked on the show was the momentum of the first episode never let up for the remainder of the season. It was a pretty fun ride, not to mention I got introduced to who is now my current favorite Actress today, the great Tatiana Maslany. :techman:

11. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I can't comment too much, as I haven't done a rewatch yet (I still need to purchase it, actually). But one thing I loved about the show was the intro theme, it really put me in the right mood for the show.

I've heard they are using a different theme for the second season, which is kind of a shame, but I suppose shows have to grow and change from time to time.

12. tomalak301

Maybe it might be a good thing and they are taking the Babylon 5 approach. The various themes represent the attitude of the season as a whole.

13. Apple Goblin

Apple Goblin Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I loved the homemaker clone. She reminded me of an edgier LaToya Jackson.

14. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Alison's my favorite too.

15. tomalak301

I apologize in advance if this sound immature, but I can't help it.

I was watching episode 3 tonight and man does Tatiana Maslany look so attractive as Sarah playing Beth. It's incredible how she changed playing this punk rocker to playing this young woman flirting with Raj trying to get up to speed on being a cop.

I was reminded of one of the reasons I gave up watching Agents of Shield tonight too. With Maslany, she's attractive, but she's written so well that it almost does come across as empowering (And Orange is the New Black had this too) for woman in the lead role, something TV needs more of. With AOS, I was distracted by Sky, as she was attractive but the actress wasn't all that great in the first place (And I stopped after the 3rd episode so I don't know if it got better).

This was the episode too that we meet Helena for the first time. Man did the clones come fast and furious at the start. 3 Episodes in and Maslany has 5 characters, all with unique distinct personalities. How the hell did she not even get nominated for the Emmy again? Yeah, ok maybe the plot leaves something to be desired (Personally, I love this story) but when you have a lead that is as talented as her, it makes a show like this a lot more worth it. Almost thinking about buying this series, and I don't buy much stuff in the first place.

16. tomalak301

In doing this rewatch, I still forget it's Maslany who is portraying these characters. I just watched episode 5 and the scene where Sarah was in the Car and talking to Cosima, it was as if two different actresses were talking, but it was just Maslany talking to herself. Also, Episode 4 and 5 are some great game changers. We find out about the monitors, Paul finds out that it's not really Beth, and this is the start of Allison going batshit crazy. The second time around is just as good, if not better than the first. Also, considering what we know, to see Donnie on the phone and know who he is talking to this time around is all kinds of creepy.

17. Ar-Pharazon

I'm through 5 eps on my rewatch.

I agree with you, Tatiana does an amazing job of playing a character trying to be one of the other characters. Alison pretending to be Sarah was another great moment.

But what I've noticed, aside from the great acting, is, along with the makeup on the different clones, how well her movements and facial expressions convey that these are wildly different people.

They way she moves and looks as Helena gives an eerie impression of someone who is completely mentally unbalanced.

Cosima really comes off as a sweet girl.

Alison comes off as a paranoid soccer mom.

18. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

And I've completely fallen for that paranoid soccer mom!

i'll just add to the kudos Tatiana's getting for her acting. She's a real find, and the show's creators were lucky to snap her up.

19. Ar-Pharazon

Now we can only hope the writers can keep up the great storylines for a few more seasons.

Hard to tell from the promo exactly what's going to happen in S2.

20. Guy Gardener

I am sure that Cosima is going to be a minor bad at some point.

I do not trust her.

He glasses have clear lenses.

Super douchey.