Guilermo Del Toro: WB has plans for the entire DC Universe

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Nov 13, 2013.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Justice League Dark might have made a good TV show, like DC's version of Agents of SHIELD.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Recently Stephen Amell of Arrow posted on his Facebook page an old ad for the issue Green Arrow joined the Justice League. There was no explanation. He runs that page personally no one else does it for him. He says so in the videos he posts all the time.

I think it meant something. I think its highly likely he will have a cameo in the next Superman/Batman film to set up a Justice League movie. There is no reason DC could not crossover between its film and tv shows. Arrow has been a very success while other than Man of Steel they are starting over. With the Flash appearing on Arrow this season they now have the foundations to build on to create a universe.

4. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

I hope Felicity and Diggle get to appear too, it would be funny if he appears as Oliver Queen giving an interview or something and they are seen in the background as "grumpy secretary" and "black driver".:lol:
    Some random characters could be arguing which one of them's banging Oliver because they both seem awfully close to him and act completely inappropriate considering he's their boss. Plus they're both totally hot. Okay I think I just slipped into fantasy land where Oliver is not in love with stupid Laurel and gets to pick one of the awesome characters as his love interest.

But it does make sense to integrate Arrow (and by extension Flash) into the movie universe, Arrow is a good show and the interpretation of the character would fit into the MOS universe. They get lots of backstory out of the way, fans of the movie get more content and the CW could easily double its ratings for Arrow (from 2.5 to 5 million is not that unrealistic) which means years of Amell abs.:adore:

5. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Grumpy Secretary and Black Driver need their own spin off, brilliant. I can also see the Arrow fitting into the MOS universe quite easily. No reason but money that the tv and film universes cant cross over.

6. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll believe it when I see it. If Warner has proven they can do anything, it's how to botch up a connected media-verse.

7. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Let me know when they show any sign or interest in one of their female characters who can carry her own story. Than I'll become interested.

8. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't want Arrow in the movies. The character is way too good to be abused by people like David Goyer. Let him stay as the only good live action thing DC has going for them, and use a custom made Green Arrow for the movies, or no GA at all.

9. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

Cosign.

10. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I think an Arrow cameo would be awesome.

11. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

When did this guy officially become WB's spokesman? :lol: :p

13. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Yeah.... I'll believe it when I see it. MoS wasn't a great start, for me, and can't say B&S is leaving me excited either. Marvel jusr did something right especially in look and tone, which MoS jusr got all wrong.

14. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Well.. it wasn't The Dark Knight or Iron Man but it can't be because Superman has a very different tone. For me Man of Steel was good, a solid foundation to build upon.

What WB lacks is the one megahit to initialize the whole franchise (apart from nearly separate movies like Nolan's Batman) like Iron Man did.. i don't know why Iron Man worked so well but i guess it was the cool CGI, the cool one liners and the perfect casting.

Then we have Green Lantern whose CGI was good but totally failed when it came to the costume (about which they did make a big fuss), the one liners were nothing really mind blowing and as much as i like Ryan Reynolds the role just wasn't his as opposed to Robert Downey Jr. who owned Tony Stark and made him one of the most popular movie superhero.

Reynolds as Deadpool however.. :devil:

I've said it already.. WB just needs the one vision that will drive their movie universe and i don't care if they copy Marvel's approach step by step if it works. They need to find a capable team that will develop this and take it seriously enough to get it across to the audiences.

I hope they succeed.. i'm a Marvel Man myself but DC also has tons of cool potential and the more the better.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I think that's the most disapointing thing about DC's failure up to now, there is a lot of potential for great stuff, but they just can't seem to get there act together when it comes to anything other than Batman and Superman. Honestly, at this point, if I didn't follow the comics and animated series/movies, I probably wouldn't even realize DC had characters other than Batman and Superman.

16. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

You should be watching the very well done Arrow series JD. But very true that DC has trouble with anything outside Superman and Batman.

17. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i remain skeptical about these plans as well. people keep asking DC/WB about a Wonder Woman film. they seem to have thrown their hands in the air saying, we don't know how to do that. maybe they should have went with Joss Whedon's script...

18. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

After his Marvel Success, OUCH!!!

Yea, I was really looking forward to it, too bad it never materialized. If they introduce Wonder Woman in the Superman/Batman film, that'll be cool, and I hope it takes off, I love the Animated 2009 DTV Film, and figured that would lead to a regular release schedule of Wonder Woman both Animated and Live Action, but, apparently, I'm in the minority for rushing to get it, and loving it after getting it :shrug:

19. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed the Wonder Woman animated movie too. It would have made a good live action movie, if you add in a few more minutes of character scenes. :)

Marvel somehow made THOR work, mostly thanks to the strong actors cast, and his second movie was just released to even bigger success. Wonder Woman should be easy.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  20. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Justice League Dark eh?

Swamp Thing... mmm
    John Constantine... that godawful Keanu Reeves movie?
    Deadman? The Spectre? The Demon?

.......fuck me