The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Watched the first couple episodes of season one last night with my son... Wow what a difference three seasons make...

I'm sure it's been talked about before, but I had forgotten that early on, the walkers seemed to still carry a slight sliver of sentience with them after they turned... When Morgan's wife tries the door knob (or even recognizes the house, for that matter), when the walker climbs a fence to get at Rick and Glenn; when Rick bails under the tank, walkers bend down on one knee to look for him rather than just dive right in... The recurring walker in episode one (IIRC, he's one of the comic writers, isn't he?) who is on the bus and uses his arms to pull himself up from his seat...

Now walkers are just cattle.. Mad for brains cattle...

And then of course, the transition time went from hours in season one to mere minutes in season three..

So My son and I discussed whether or not this was due to writing and direction, or if it's because the virus (or whatever it really is that's causing it) was new to our body's systems and we had the ability to fight it off a bit, early on before it took over completely..

We both agreed that the easy answer is writing/direction and plot convenience, but I guess a part of me deep down likes to believe that early on, our bodies tried to fight the change off..

Either way, I'm stoked for Season four.. Bring it!!

2. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Regarding Rick, my speculation is that Judith aka "little ass kicker," is going to get killed and it's going to cause either Rick and/or Carl to lose it.

Also, I think Daryl will assume a greater leadership role within the group.

I also think Herschel is a gonner.

3. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

I fear they'll kill Carol, she's become quite popular, has been with the show since season one but she's not that important, she could be this years big death. I doubt they'll dare to kill off Daryl, he's way too popular.

I still hope someone sees what a psycho Carl is and executes him, whoever kills him will be my new favorite character for at least three weeks.

4. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Carl means drama, and is a central character from the comic, so he's not going anywhere. Maybe he will become the leader at the end of this season..... :)

5. Takeru

That he's a central character from the comic is irrelevant, Andrea is one too and that didn't save her ass last season.
    When Jeffrey DeMunn wanted to leave they simply made Herschel the new Dale and Carol is already closer to comic-Andrea than show-Andrea ever was. They can find a better child actor and create a new Carl if they need one.

6. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I really disliked Carl in S1 and S2, the character was a major spoiled punk and nothing special about the acting. But, in S3, I thought the actor really stepped it up, and the character was much better (Well, at the end he started becoming a bit of a psycho, but, I'm good with seeing where they go with that)

7. Takeru

We'll see, I'm willing to give him another chance, but until he convinces me I'm still on the "Kill carl" train.

8. TREK_GOD_1

The difference between Carl and the other characters is that he's Rick's son--the main character, so his evolution becomes part of Rick's development/journey, and cannot be dismissed as easy as Dale, et al.

9. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They can't really kill anyone of the main cast right now without hurting the show pretty badly except maybe Carol.

If they kill Daryl or Hershel I'm boycotting.

10. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Get ready to boycott then. I think Herschel is a gonner by the mid-season break.

BTW here are the names of the first 4 Episodes and no real spoilers other than brief plot summary.

11. TREK_GOD_1

[/QUOTE]

The showrunners could be bold and kill off a B character in episode 2. It would throw the audience off of their expectation of departures usually being closer to the mid season or season finale.

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

13. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just out of curiosity, and in prep for the new season of TWD, anyone know a way to stream iTunes to my TV without buying AppleTV? I have iTunes and Hulu plus and would prefer not to sign up for Netflix just now if I can avoid it.

14. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Season 4 starts TONIGHT! :techman:

15. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Yep! Watching the reruns of S3 right now.

You know... I still got to say, I don't think Carl was wrong to shoot the Woodberry kid with the gun. Carl asked him to drop it and the guy was slowly and cautiously handing it over, Carl would have had to lower his gun and drop his guard to retrieve it and that'd make him vulnerable to get shot. That's not to say Carl isn't a little shit but I don't think he was entirely "wrong" to shoot the Woodberry guy.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  16. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

That woman that Rick found looks half dead.

17. Trekker4747

So, how *is* Rick keeping his beard trimmed?

18. Trekker4747

Money on the pig turning.

19. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Can you hook your computer up to your TV? That would probably be the most straight-forward way to do it even if you aren't "streaming". I bought a long cable and have it snaked over to my TV with my PC running dual displays in "duplicate desktop" mode so I can flip over to TV at any point for videos or games though I use my monitor primarily.

20. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

He goes to the same salon where Darryl gets his hair done.