Planet of the Titans U.S.S. Enterprise

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by LordSarvain, Oct 24, 2010.

1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I wouldn't call the Concord "disastrous" in any way. Not cost effective, maybe. Loud, maybe. Cramped, maybe. But not "disastrous".

2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that was an MD-11 piece--i.e. DC-10 part--that caused the crash that helped end Concorde.

I like the flat saucer myself. The photon torpedo bay needs to go there, but perhaps you could shave the front of it at an incline back from the front of the secondary hull a bit...

We have seen study model attempts, an uncompleted mesh of the McQuarrieprize with the flat Ken Adam saucer, but no one has done a mesh closely replicating what we saw on McQuarries two best paintings of the concept, the front and rear 3/4 shots.

The Ken Adam study model painting was of a less wide secondary hull wedge and a deeper saucer we see enter the asteroid station finally brought to screen in Archer's Mirror Darkly ENTERPRISE episode. That actually had a cowl to either side of the nacelle that wasn't added to the study model he made that found their way in TNG Best of Both worlds or Reunification.

But the two 3/4 shots had a rounder, smoother edge that I liked over Adams very flat edge--not that that looked bad either.
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/...t-from-scratch&p=540384&viewfull=1#post540384

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  3. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I agree with sojourner here. The Concorde was anything but disastrous. I think the Concorde was innovative, and I find it a damn shame that we don't see airliners headed in that direction. Granted that as typical with supersonic and hypersonic aircraft, that the Concorde wasn't very fuel efficient. And it is very likely we won't see another supersonic airliner until another source of fuel is developed to replace the current jet fuel.

True, the Concorde also made a large boom. I have no idea about how cramped they were, but I doubt they were any more cramped than most airliners.

4. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^They were more cramped than most jetliners.

5. WinstonSmith

WinstonSmith Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

One of the downsides of basically being a flying pencil. Still, it was a very cool flying pencil ;)

6. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

7. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ Those are pretty much the Phase II nacelles on the Enterprise.

8. Max Nex

Max Nex Ensign Red Shirt

actually they are more TMP than Phase II
    they just added an orange glow where there are just vanes on the version as built and filmed.

9. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

Did I hear about an airplane that could go coast to coast in like twenty minutes? That's a six hour flight!

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

11. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Source for this? I've seen nothing to suggest that the windows were anything than just windows.

12. xortex

If the original Enterprise didn't have that many visable windows in any particular pattern, that could only mean their moniters weren't 'windows' in the traditional sense of the word. Though maybe they were viewing ports with shut windows. To keep the alien bugs from splattering, I guess. Also to keep pesky aliens from watching you undressing (always annoying).

13. Blip

Blip Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What monitors? You mean on the bridge?? My gods man, of course they weren't windows!

;)

14. xortex

The bridge had all the galaxy pictures displayed like posters. I was expecting to see one of Spock's crayon masterpieces up there.

15. LordSarvain

LordSarvain Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Uhhh... the windows are windows.... Got a little more texture work done...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

Looking good. :cool:

17. spockrocks

spockrocks Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Very cool.

18. 22 Stars

22 Stars Commodore Commodore

Great work on this ship design, I agree with those who say it could be the F or G. I great segue to Doug's J concept too!

19. LordSarvain

LordSarvain Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Why would I start over from scratch on this thing when I was so close to being done with it? Because I'm crazy obviously. The only thing not completely rebuilt, so far, is that botanical garden under the landing bay. There's better pics at my blog

[​IMG]

20. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral