The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

2. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I have no issue with this. So they eliminate some of the more gory stuff, some of the language. I think the show will be just as effective.

3. selina

selina Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wow. That's touching :cool:.

4. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I agree. That's pretty good for a couple of young kids. They're talented.

5. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Weight would be an issue, but if you are on the road, I think one should get used to carrying much on their belt/back if they are facing a large number of walkers (or marauders).

6. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

I finally got to watch last week's episode.

Holy Mary Mother of God, that was draining. :wtf::vulcan: Infinitely superior to the two previous Daryl/Beth outings. Melissa McBride can act her socks off.

Poor little Mika and Lizzie. Two lost souls. Lizzie wasn't evil. She'd just, quite literally, lost her mind. Denial psychosis. If the walkers aren't all "evil," then life is still worth living and you can cope. There'd be a great many people who'd lose it in such a situation. It rings true.

Carol. Oh my poor Carol. What choice did she have? Even if they could "talk Lizzie back" the reality of what she'd done would hit her in the face like a concrete wall. No choice.

7. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Mika was a perfectly innocent, normal, little child. She reminded me a lot of my niece and a couple of the kids in my mom's daycare.

Lizzie, it's likely she suffered from some kind of mental issues that she was getting treatment for pre-ZA. After the apocalypse obviously those treatments, and more importantly medications, were no longer available so she receded back into what ever condition she had. That or she was just in a very, very extreme state of denial.

I watched the episode last-night with a friend and he liked it too and was shocked when Mika got killed and then when Carol killed Lizzie. But he agreed there wasn't much that could be done considering Lizzie could never be trusted around on with anyone ever again since she was obviously "crazy" on some level beyond which they had the ability to deal with.

It was not an easy situation and it's not like they made the "right" choice but, really, there was no "right" choice in that situation. Watching it again it still emotionally hit me just the way Lizzie was freaking out at the end and upset and then... ugh.

Just fucked-up.

But a great episode.

8. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

With Tyreese forgiving Carol, I hope this means she has a new lease on life, since losing the girls (and admitting she often thinks of Sophia) would be the final "injustice" to a woman who spent years suffering in one way or another.

Some would become suicidal after the deaths of children, but it could make her stronger than ever before.

9. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Agree.

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Tyrese was half the size of Carol, there wouldn't have been any problem.

The infected had to dealt to.

(The only thing Carol did wrong was acting expediently, and not taking it to the group. There was a line in House a while back: "Don't be an idiot! If all infected persons presented symptoms, then all illness would have cured when we were still cavemen just by smashing the guy with the runny nose's head in with a rock!)

Dealt to could mean cure, could mean isolate, and could mean Euthanize.

Why did Hershel wait till people were already dead till they sent off an expedition to the Vet School?

OOOH!

Anyone believing that those two infected carriers in the prison were still living people with souls and not merciless killers, was like Lizzie believing that Walkers are still people with souls and feelings.

The same.

(Well it's kinda obvious from that perspective.)

But frankly, if that's the case, if this story is a fractured do-over to educate Tyrese into not being a dick about shit he can't control, you do have to ask, how dumb is he that adorable little blonde girls have to die every time he has to learn anything?

What sized golden mountain of corpses was stacked when L'll Tyrese was learning his times tables?

Carol comitting suicide?

I doubt that there are any idiots into suicide left. Sure if you're cornered and there's no way out, but to have a "fuck it" moment because you're hopeless, bored or tired, and stick a gun in your mouth, all the survivors that are going to do that have probably already done that and good riddance.

Remember the moron from two weeks back still dangling on the same noose for two years?

Of course Carol's mind has broken a few times and what fixed it self up in the place of each previous Carol was probably a little harder than the last.

11. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

The infected didn't have to be "dealt with" - that was the entire point of spending a full episode with Hershel going out of his way and nearly dying to cure a lot of people. Carol was wrong.

Yeah, no.

This was an absolutely amazing episode. Top-5 for the entire show, very possibly the best episode The Walking Dead has done. Melissa McBride is an absolutely brilliant actress as Carol, and Chad Coleman, Brighton Sharbino, and Kyla Kennedy really really shined. Lizzie's utter cheerfulness at "Don't worry, she'll come back" and then how distraught she was, convinced she'd made Carol mad and not even processing what she'd done wrong was heartbreaking. Then the scene at the end where Tyrese forgives her... damn, powerful stuff to cap an amazing episode. Carol killing Lizzie is not comparable to murdering Karen and David (and she knows as much), but Tyrese made the right choice here. It's funny I was really annoyed when Carol showed back up because I expected the show to somehow try and justify what she'd done... but that never happened, and yet they found a way to deal with it effectively rather than sweep it under the rug.

Still, there's no reason to be insulting and call it "infinitely superior" out of some judgmental shipper loyalties. :rolleyes:

12. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I agree. They survived this long.

13. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Shipper loyalties? :wtf: It's a far superior episode all the way around. McBride is a better actress than Emily Kinney. The writing of the episode for Carol, Tyrese, Lizzie and Mika was compelling. Beth's diary isn't. Whether she's mooning over Daryl, Rick, or someone else, it doesn't matter to me. Any Carol centered episode is better in my humble opinion. Carol doesn't have to spend any screen time with Daryl for that to be so. Melissa McBride ROCKS.

14. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Meliisa McBride is good but I'm hardly as ga-ga over her as others seem to be. I also don't have the same problems with Emily Kinney as others do, I don't mind her at all.

And, yeah, the Daryl/Beth episodes have been weak. Not for shipper reasons but just because they've been light episodes without much impact as this one had.

15. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm wondering how scientist guy actually proved he was a scientist and what the cause was and everything because he seems more like any character Danny McBride ever played in a movie.

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

If you had kept reading...

17. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

lol I suppose this board is probably the only board discussing this episode that might be interested in Denise Crosby's appearance

I guess Tara's sister is dead after all. That sucks, I liked her. Also, am I the only one underwhelmed by Terminus? So far it's barely as impressive as Woodbury

18. HighteeHeller

HighteeHeller Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thank you! I thought that was her! Went to imdb, didn't see her credited for it, thought I was wrong. Figured someone would mention it here if it was her.

19. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That was Denise Crosby?!?!?

Wow, totally didn't catch that until Hardwick mentioned it on Talking Dead.

20. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

I saw that her name was in the list of guest actors. That's the only reason I could tell who it was. When she finally appeared, I think I made some crack about her being the creature that ate Tasha Yar, or something tasteless like that.