STO Trek BBS Fleet

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by aelius, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I would like to have a sunday event:

Ice-Skating tournament.

We race against each other, 2 at a time.
    Winner gets a cool price (won't disclose what yet, but it will be cool.)

When we are done haveing fun in Q`s Winterwonderland and still have time we can show the Borg that we can beat their Elite no problem. ;)

How does that sound?

2. Trek

Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thanks for this Timelord_Victorious, it's looking much better.

Just to add, I'm going to check the bank for any green gear each time I log on and I'll be selling it for energy for the fleet if there's any in there.

3. Timelord Victorious

We can also try to get a bit of fleet crafting going.
    At the moment, the data sample collection is really growing fast.

Procedure would be, you go look for what you like to have crafted and buy the necessary crafting blocks for dilithium.
    Contact the fleet crafter (atm I guess that's me), and send him the blocks plus any data samples you can provide yourself.
    If any samples are missing, we will fill in the rest from the fleet bank.
    We will then send the crafted items to you.

Why this makes sense: With our pooled resources gear is getting considerably cheaper.
    You still have to pay dilithium for it, but only 60-70% of the equivelant vendor prices.
    Of course this sucks compared to the previous crafting system, but it is what it is and still better then paying full price.
    The fleet keeps you from grinding endless data samples to even GET to the high tier crafting items.

If you are a master crafter and like to take over the position of fleet crafter permanently, please contact me or post here.

4. hmbnimbus

hmbnimbus Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hey... I'm kinda looking for another fleet for one of my alts to go into. Essentially, the majority of my fleet, who I've been PvPing / STFing with for some time, have dropped off into SW:TOR. I'm not really a Star Wars fan, so I have little intention of following them. I'm just wanting to know if you're a fleet with members regularly online or at least have a core player base who take on Elite STFs / do a bit of PvP / use voicechat etc. ? If so, I'd be very interested in joining the TrekBBS fleet! Also, my main is a maxed-out crafter, so I could help with that aspect too.

My in-game name is @

DELETED AFTER REQUEST FROM USER ON 13/8/13

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2013
  5. Timelord Victorious

You are welcome to join.
    We are not a hardcore gamer fleet, though.
    Most are very casual.
    There are a few of us, though, who are online nearly every day and have done our share of STFs and PvP.
    Voice chat is not a requirement in our fleet, so most don't have or use a mic.
    Send me an in-game mail with the toon you like to join and I see to your invitation.

6. Trek

While I'm no where near it yet, I'm going to be working on Foxton as a crafter over the next couple of months, so I might be able to help out. (I have a long way to go).

Also, I'm getting Lex up to speed on Tribble breading again and collecting as many variants as I can. Hopefully this should soon mean that I can breed any Tribble you want (that can be bread of course - I can't get you a tribble of borg!) given the right food.

Finally my new Fed toon, Zylah, I'm working on being my main PVP character.

7. Timelord Victorious

Regarding Tribbles, my goal would be to have all the penultimate tribbles in the bank.
    That way, you can go, take it out, feed the right high value food to it and get the best possible Tribble within the hour.
    No one needs to be a dedicated Tribble breeder that way.
    I trust the breeding Tribble will be returned to the bank afterwards.
    We just have to make sure at least one needed Tribble in every branch is available.
    I know I still got loads on my main and even more on an alt.

8. Bird of Prey

Bird of Prey Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Speaking of Tribbles (this probably belongs in the other STO thread).. has anybody been able to figure out the new tribble for the holdiay event? I did a quick scan of the STO forums and could not find any posts on it.

9. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

^Figure out in what way - how to get it? Feed a tribble one of the food and drink items available at the Winter Wonderland.

10. Bird of Prey

Bird of Prey Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is there any specific tribble that needs to eat the food, or will any tribble do? With the tribble crafting, you need to feed specific tribbles certain foods to get other types of tribbles.

11. Timelord Victorious

No. Any Tribble goes, even a stray tribble with The cheapest common winter food.

12. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

I agree with getting rid of Green items, but we may want to consider having one repository for free exchange. Just a thought.

13. Rocketeer

I can craft on both the FED and KDF sides. FED is master crafter, KDF is about 100 points short of master crafter. If that fits your needs, I'd like to be considered.

//

14. Rocketeer

I have a nice tribble breeding chart if you don't have one already. Also I have most of the rare food items that you need for the higher level tribbles.

//

15. Trek

Thanks, but I've got a couple of those already.

I'm working on a Tribble Breeding calculator, that should let you enter the Tribble you want to breed and list the food and Tribble you need to breed it. I'd like a some point to enter the Tribble you have, the Tribble you want and show a flow chart of how to get between them.

16. Timelord Victorious

Fleet Event Tomorrow: Sunday, 6pm UK time, 1pm East Coast.

Ice Skating Tournament

You will race your fleet mates in pursuit of very cool rewards in 1v1 matches.

Provided we have enough participants we will have a qualifying round and knock-out races with a grand finale.

Rewards are as follows:

1st place: 250k Energy Credits and first choice for 1 Photonic Science officer, 1 Photonic Tribble or 1 Red Winter Box

2nd place: 100k Energy Credits and second choice of the above

3rd place: 50k Energy Credits and the last item of the above.

Everyone else will get 10k credits for participating.

So please show up, have winterly fun with your fleetmates.

And if possible RSPV on the fleet calender in game to give me an idea how many of you will be there. :)

Minimum would be 6 people.

17. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

havent been on sto for awhile, might have to rectify that tomorrow. have to see how work gose :)

18. Rocketeer

I was out with family during the fleet event. Better times for me are early morning (before work) or after 10pm.

19. Rocketeer

Cryptic dropped the GMT Defari Invasion then dropped the East and West coast events. Perhaps they are reworking it. When it returns, we need to see about getting a fleet event.

The DOFF system provides a ton of data samples. I also took advantage of the Crafting Event (20% discount on non-replicatable particles). I was able to craft an Aegis set for my KDF Sci, Jasmine, and one piece for my FEd Sci, Doc Lee. Crafting the Aegis set put Jasmine up to Master Crafter, so I now have MCs on FED and KDF.

20. Rocketeer

DOFF system info

To correct what I previously said about the Colonial assignment chains, it seems to give a fixed reward. The Renown DOFF for the Delta Volanis cluster is a blue Defari doctor. So if you're in need of a rare doctor, head out to the DV cluster and run the assignment chain.

Heretic was on the DOFFJOBS channel last night. He said that he's fixed a lot of bugs on the DOFF systems and assignments. I think those have been posted in the STO forum. He avoided my question about the whereabouts of Nurse Chapel (there was a Christina Chapel DOFF on Tribble). :-P

I'm not getting any feedback from the TrekBBS fleet on the DOFF system. Is any of the info I'm passing along of interest? I can jabber about something else, like cruiser builds. Just let me know. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.