It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia season premiere

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Temis the Vorta, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Anyone catch it? I thought it was a pretty good start - really character-based comedy, not trying to just do this or that "issue" (gay marriage this time around).

For a long time, I've felt that Mac was really kind of the underdeveloped character in the bunch but now he seems to be more right-wing than I'd assumed (in a hypocritical way, which of course is a good thing). Maybe the writers should push him into Tea Party insanity to give them some more current issues to loosely build stories around.

Unless I'm missing something, aren't Frank and Charlie father and son? Are they oblivious to that, don't realize it, or just don't care? :rommie: They have got to have the flat-out most bizarre relationship on TV today.

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yet another hilarious episode. I loved the discussion on who was gay for having sex with "her" at what point :lol:

I'm hoping this storyline lasts a few episodes with Dennis' marriage.

3. Teelie

Teelie Vice Admiral Admiral

It was a refreshing change from last season which was IMO so terrible I very nearly quit the show. I only watched this one to see if I'd want to tune in again. Last night gave me renewed hope the series will not suck this season.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

And here's hoping Frank and Charlie stay gay-married. They were already sleeping in the same bed anyway arguing over who pooped the bed :lol:

5. Temis the Vorta

This show is very similar to Futurama, in that they both go off-kilter when the writers try to think of too-weird topics for the humor. I know it must be tough to keep thinking of new topics, but they need to stick more closely to character-based humor, which is why the characters need to be stretched a bit so that there's something to base the humor on without being repetitive.

Charlie and Frank are evergreen so those two they can leave alone. This episode showed something newish for Dennis, Mac, and maybe Dee, which is great. Those are the ones that would benefit the most from some development (not a lot; these people aren't supposed to learn or ever grow out their perpetual adolescent obliviousness).

6. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

I cracked up when Mac started bumping the two plugs together. :lol:

7. exodus

I thought "Kitten Mittens", "Mac & Dennis Breakup" & "D.E.N.N.I.S." were hilarious!

8. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I still like my crazy idea that as a follow up to the serial killer episode, they should have the gang kill weird looking people so they don't become serial killers in the future.

9. Teelie

Teelie Vice Admiral Admiral

There were a few exceptions in the season but overall it really put me off. I haven't seen the latest episode of this season yet but I'm hoping it's as funny as the last one.

10. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

It's been suggested, but having just marathoned every episode of the series (including, now, the two most recent episodes) I'm pretty sure it has never been confirmed. Frank just won't submit to a blood test.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yay, the second episode continued the marriage storylines. :) I was afraid it would just be forgotten. Too bad the chick with the dick didn't appear again. I think they should have kept Charlie and Frank gay-married, they practically already were anyway :lol:

Correct me if I'm wrong but this was the first appearance of Charlie's Uncle who molested him as a kid right? I was dying the way he was constantly finding excuses to be touching all the men in the room :lol:

12. exodus

No, Charlie's Uncle showed up back during s2 or 3, I think.

When Charlie moved out of his mom's house, his Uncle moved in and took over his room. That's when you discovered back when Charlie was young, his Uncle would come over and tried touching him at night.

I think the only think funnier than that this week was Stephen King's cameo on "Sons of Anarchy".:lol:

13. Geck

Geck Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Another hilarious episode focusing more on the characters rather than totally outlandish situations. I personally think S4 was the low point of the series when I almost stopped watching, and S5 was a slight improvement, but I'm very hopeful about this season again so far.

14. Temis the Vorta

So they basically know but don't want to know. :rommie: Which makes their "marriage" all the more hilarious.

15. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Really? Season 4 had my all time favorite episode "The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis." Season 5 is where it started going downhill for me.

16. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

For the website... we're lawyers!

17. Geck

Geck Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The only time I pull out my S4 DVDs is to rewatch The Nightman Cometh. The rest of the season was either forgettable or actually bad/unfunny. Season 5 batted about 50/50 in my books.

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Oh! "Gas Crisis" is the all time funniest episode! When Charlie sets fire to the drum of gas in the van with the brakes cut then shouts "wild card, bitches!" and jumps out :lol:

19. Temis the Vorta

My favorite episode of all time, well there are a lot of them, but the one where the gang finds a gun really sticks in my mind. :D The Nightman Cometh was also pretty amazing.

20. Gen. Zod

Gen. Zod Lieutenant Red Shirt

I thought this episode was slightly better than last weeks, but I have to agree that ssn. 5 was mostly bad (actually, the last two seasons were bad, IMO) and I think I'm viewing the new season half convinced it will be bad, as well. I did enjoy "The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis" but I'd say my favorite episode is "Hundred Dollar Baby," gotta love the music montage. :lol: