Smallville season 8 spoiler

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Samurai8472, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'm afraid this time I need to prepare to lose my beloved Chlovage for real this time.

:(

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

One of my first thoughts as I was reading down the thread was... Maybe they'll bring back Martha Kent and she'll die. Then Clark will sell the farm.

You know, I don't even remember that.

3. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Um...why not keep Chloe when she could have been offed in "Legion" That legion doesn't have Brainiac 5, the future was altered, Chloe could live on. I guessing Davis Bloom and Martha Kent...she does die eventually. If Chloe is killed, then Smallville is killed...she is a character that was created for the show...hell, Chloe could be anything to the future according to The Legion.

JF

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2009
  4. Starwind

Starwind Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The "new Doomsday" was proven to be a liar. BuddyTv asked.

There's already someone in the suit so why would they hire someone new?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  5. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2009
  6. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

It was after she was done stomping Reagan Matthews to death in "Power".

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I figured as much. The wording of his interview did not make sense. If not straight out lying very misquoted. He may have auditioned for the part this season and did not get it. Maybe was given a empty Hollywood promise of "some future part".

8. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

It could be Chloe, considering it took Allison Mach a while to re-sign before last season.

I believe it when I see it though. They also say a long-standing character will die (like Lana and Chloe) and they always come back in the next show.

9. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

They'll cop out and kill Martha. Maybe a political assassination, or Lex setting up her death.

Oh, it'll be a tragic death and give Annette O'Toole a great send-off, but HER death will be what finally frees Clark to become Superman (in whatever form they finally make him).

After all, Silver Age Superman was an orphan. And it might be nice to introduce SOMETHING from the Silver Age mythos into Smallville. :)

--Ted

10. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

One thing to consider, I would not be so fast in writing off the death of Jimmy Olsen. Here's something to think about. In the comics, Jimmy has ALWAYS been shown to be significantly younger than either Lois or Clark. This Jimmy is either the same age as Chloe (and thus Clark) or is slightly older. A way to "fix" this might be to kill Jimmy and have Chloe turn out to be pregnant with James Jr. In fact, isn't she already Mrs. Olsen?

11. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

I do like that suit, its been said before very Justice League (you guys know im a fan of the idea that Clark joins the league before he becomes "Superman")

I have no idea who Zatanna is, but what is it with Oliver & girls in fishnet stockings?

12. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know. There's been foreshadowing and hinting at Chloe's demise since season two. A couple of times they really hit you over the head with it.

There has been, however, anything to suggest the same of Martha.

13. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

That actually is a very good suit.

14. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^And of course...

One of the male characters is tied up again. :rolleyes:

15. DontFeedPhil

DontFeedPhil Fleet Captain

Im really hoping its Klow-ee. I just cant stand her, the way she sits there and smiles with those tiny eyes and short bus face. Ill be so glad when she buys the farm...Not Schlarks farm but the big one in the sky...
    Besides Allison Smack did have a little trouble resigning last season...

16. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    Awww! I hated Chloe the first 2 seasons of Smallville but as time went by she grew on me a bit I really liked the season 5 Chloe. I would hate to see her go. Allison Mack is not ugly.

JF

17. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Chloe is killed off for whatever reason...my theory is that it will involve Davis/Doomsday somehow I will 95 percent not be watching Smallville next season. Chloe is one of the great things about Smallville, an original character that has made a profound effect on the Superman mythology. If it happens I wonder how much DC's decision not to bring her into the current contuinity has to do with the decision. I read an interview with Kurt Busiek who said that there were plans to bring Chloe in two years ago as Lois's younger cousin and make her different from the Smallville version but they just couldn't figure out a way how to incorperate her for whatever reason.

18. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

Shouldn't Clark die? What's the point of featuring Doomsday if you aren't going to do what Doomsday is famous for -- killing Superman?

Clark should die, and then return. Just like Superman did after Doomsday killed him.

(Sorry for the 1992 spoilers.)

19. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

What the HELL? Superman died in 1992?! Doomsday killed him!

:p

20. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

What if Tom Welling isn't Clark Kent/Kal-El!? and an imposter!!! He gets killed by Doomsday and then Season 9 of Smallville, the real Clark/Kal-El emurges!!! Played by an unknown actor willing to wear glasses, tights and fly!!!

JF