AU Corat Damar sketch

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Nerys Ghemor, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

This is a sketch of an AU version of Corat Damar from my Sigils and Unions: Catacombs of Oralius universe, where Cardassian and Bajoran roles are reversed. AU Damar is a resistance fighter against the Bajoran invaders.

I'm not sure I did very well with the likeness--even with the difference in hair that's often seen in the AU. I didn't want to give him the same style as AU Dukat or Marritza; the AU Cardassians don't regulate their appearances in that way, though they do generally wear their hair at least as long as you see in this picture, unless they're in the military.

It's not perfect by ANY means...it's just a sketch to get the basic idea across. But yes, he's supposed to look disheveled; this is how he appears when AU Dukat first finds him. I think he'll do something a little more "styled" when he gets older...either the military cut, like Macet (and his canon self) or a queue like AU Dukat's. He might even do all of these in his lifetime; after all, he's not restricted the way the canon-universe Cardassians are! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    No worries, he looks like Damar all right :)

I love the hair! :D

3. Nerys Ghemor

LOL, well, the way I pictured him, he hadn't had it trimmed more neatly before he was found by AU Dukat; I'm not sure how long he was out there before then, just trying to survive, and then fighting without a whole lot of purpose or control. He might get a little more "cleaned up" later. ;)

4. Gul Re'jal

Shame, I love men with mess on their heads ;)

5. TerokNor

TerokNor Captain Captain

Oh...and I thought your were joking in the PM! There really is a drawing!
    I too think he does look like Damar, well done! Though he is a bit older looking than I would have pictured him after reading the Chapter.
    Hope there will be more AU Damar in the story (:P I know that you know that, but I have to mention it again, so that you don´t forget ;) ).

TerokNor

6. Nerys Ghemor

LOL, well, his hair certainly IS a mess, that's for sure! ;)

We might've caught him in a more serious moment. ;) Glad you liked it!

Well, he's probably not going to be as prominent a character, but he's been there on occasion. ;)

7. Sam McCord

Sam McCord Lieutenant Commander

I love it... you captured the face really well.

I just wish we could see more of these in color... I keep wanting to see all the colors you'd give the various articles of Cardassian clothing.

8. TerokNor

TerokNor Captain Captain

For NerysGhemor: Reckless, younger AU Damar having a conversation with peaceful, friendly AU Dukat. :)
    Am not such a good drawer, but do they look "damarish" and "dukatish" enough?

http://www.img-box.de/96086/

[​IMG]

TerokNor

9. Gul Re'jal

LOVE Damar's hair :D

Dukat certainly looks 'dukatish.' This profile is just unmistakable.

10. Nerys Ghemor

That was exactly what I was going to say about AU Dukat's profile--the neck ridges especially. And Damar's hair definitely has the messy look that I pictured! :D

The one thing I might have done would be draw the picture so they weren't standing quite that close together (they're not brothers), but otherwise, the facial expressions and everything else are great.

AU Damar definitely looks like how he must have when he got caught having spilled fish juice all over AU Dukat's antique book!

11. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

His hair kind of reminds me of a Beatles sort of look. ;) :D

12. Nerys Ghemor

Maybe if he actually got a haircut it would... :lol:

(Which is ironic considering the Beatles were always being told to get a haircut... ;) )

Anyway, thanks for looking!

13. TerokNor

TerokNor Captain Captain

*L* Yeah, they stand a bit too close. But I have an explanation for this: You have AU Damar quite hyper, so maybe he has some sort of perception disorder (you know ADD/H like, proprioception), this could mean that he is not good at estimating/keeping distances. Ooook, the truth is AU Dukat was not planned and that way was the only way he fitted on the paper, but that explanation is boring isn´t it?

TerokNor

14. Gul Re'jal

Like in the real show--a real life limitation explanation and an attempt to find one in-universe :D

15. Isadorabelle

Isadorabelle Lieutenant Red Shirt

I think he looks great!!!

16. Nerys Ghemor

Thanks for looking! :)