Braga is in Pulling Seven's Strings Again.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Guy Gardener, Sep 27, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

But by raise the kid he meant "stand here, this kid will grow up fast". He didn't tell her it took almost no time like he didn't tell her about the mating.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Q might have been grown up by human standards, but that doesn't mean that the rest of the continuum considered him mature albeit "omniscient".

Besides look at Neelix freaking out over less than a year of fatherhood in Elogium.

3. teacake

I still don't think it's much of a step above donor eggs, if Vash was fully apprised of how it was all going to work. It is true though that given Q's inability to spend 5 minutes mentoring a teenager Vash might be called upon to do stuff at some point. But I'm thinking she might find it quite convenient to have both a lover (or whatever) and a child who could potentially whisk her about the universe.

I think she would have tried to work out an angle to her benefit if he had made her the breeding proposal.

4. Guy Gardener

Q might not have wanted to follow Picard.

Men can be silly like that.

At least until Benjamin Franklin invented the douchebag.

5. teacake

Yes well for Q I'm sure all humans were REALLY grey.

6. Guy Gardener

Some were blue.

7. teacake

On choosing women Ben Franklin said, in very small part, "in the dark all cats are gray".

The complete text is full of eye popping moments:

http://grammar.about.com/od/classicessays/a/franklinmis.htm

Though Q had his pet humans I'm sure at the end of the day they really were all dreadfully similar and if he managed to get one to consent to breeding it wouldn't have mattered who it was.

8. Guy Gardener

I found that text in a book of humorous quotations my aunt gave me for Christmas years ago.

Are we doing that episode of Bones where the Deschanel sisters teamed up?

9. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sorry, I missed this in the sea of posts that make up TBBS.

I loved it to bits. Heavy on the technobabble, but since I love time travel I even liked that.

Remember Dulmur and Lucsly from "Trials and Tribble-ations"? Their lives, their job, their co-workers, and them dealing with all of Trek's temporal distasters. Mostly by filing reports, sometimes by ending up smack dab in the middle of a time war.

It also somehow manages to tie every single seemingly-incompatible way time travel has worked in Star Trek together, and make it seem as if it's all consistant.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  10. teacake

I'm super looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll have finished TET before it arrives. I normally only read books on the train but I'm making exceptions and reading TET while actually doing nothing else.

11. Guy Gardener

Just finished reading issue two.

I stick by the title of this thread.

Brannon is pulling wings off flies for fun

12. Galekarens

Galekarens Commander Red Shirt

There was a little mention in Trek lit that in the 2nd issue "the return of voyager is shown and what happens next is different from the books"; lol am wondering what BB came up with, hoping Voyager didn't blow up or something! (Well if something went wrong of course he'd save Seven.)

13. Guy Gardener

Endgame happened, so did the fireworks as Voyager buzzed the golden gate bridge decades before we saw it happen in the Admirals future history.

14. Guy Gardener

Well. That happened.

[​IMG]

Which even though she has kangaroo feet, is still erotically disturbing.

But here's where I prove that I was not over reacting and Braga is still bitter about how everything spun out of control...

He killed her.

Seven of Nine is dead.

You can make these baseless claims that in reality that Seven of Nine isn't Jeri Ryan and Jeri Ryan isn't Seven of Nine, but I have never been talking about about "reality"... This is about the bitter venom spilling out of Brannon Braga's raging, slighted and rejected ego.

15. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

Guy, what about some interesting "Borg" technology, that showed up in the series?

16. Guy Gardener

I'm not sure if it was technology or evidence of Borg humour, but at one point when it seemed that Seven's loyalty was flipflopping she grew Scorpion legs and a huge scorpion tail with a stinger at the end of it.

And I'm also not sure what the artist was thinking but the Queen has a massive red gem on her forehead, which serves an undisclosed purpose, but all I could think is that it looks like a colossal throbbing zit.

17. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]