New article on fan films

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by MikeH92467, Mar 30, 2014.

1. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

I have posted a brief article updating some of the developments in the fan-film world. Barb Reader please note that I included a link to your page. It was the least I can do in return for your unflagging support of my efforts and the efforts of all fan project producers! :techman:

2. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Nice article! Thanks, Mike!

3. MikeH92467

You're very kind! Thank you and keep going!

4. Loken

Loken Lieutenant Commander

Great article and thanks for talking about "Axanar".

Alec

5. MikeH92467

Thank you for giving me something to write about!

6. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Mike, I was out all day. I came back and recorded the daily number of visitors (a ritual before bed). The average lately has been 65 or 66, usually 50-80. The record was about 125 when Kitumba and a collection of other fan films were released from Dec. 31 2013, through the next few weeks. Exactly one day in the history of the website was over 100. So you can imagine my surprise when I saw I had 180 visitors today.

You have quite a readership!! Thank you so much for the link. I wonder how many of them will come back? I had over 300 pageviews today, too. I hope that means some of them looked around a bit.

So kind of you! Thanks so much!

7. MikeH92467

I'm so glad to hear that Barb! I admire your efforts and I'm glad to help. I'd like to thank everyone for reading my articles. If you like them please feel free to share them with your friends!
    Mike

8. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

I rarely 'share' on Facebook. But I did share your article on Facebook.

9. MikeH92467

Thank you Barbara! You are a jewel among bloggers! :)

10. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Great article, Mike! One of the things I like about your writing is that you don't dawdle on pointless statements. You get right to the point, and lay out your message. As for the content itself, we are seeing an unprecedented number of fan films, and it's wonderful. So many people working to carve out their own little niche of the Star Trek fandom, just makes it feel like we're all a part of something bigger than ourselves.

One that you didn't mention, and that's fine I just figured I'd mention it here, is Star Trek: Aurora. It's all CGI. The writing is smart, the animation is appealing, the characters are fun and engaging, and the stories are interesting; all in all, it's very well done.

I'm sure it's on Barbreader's page, though. I get the feeling she has just about everything there.

11. MikeH92467

Good point! One of the first stories I published was about "Aurora". Here's a link to the story. Thank you for asking!