Your latest purchases, cont.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Goliath, Oct 20, 2010.

1. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Battery POWER!

2. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

^Obviously not to scale. :p

I took advantage of the 'Buy 1, Get 1 50% off' TV-DVD sale at my Barnes & Noble. Used the sale plus my Member discount, plus some coupons to get a pretty sweet price on all five seasons of Boston Legal, plus the miniseries The Winds of War.

3. Eleanor_zhDarjel

Eleanor_zhDarjel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

in the year of the flood, St. Stephen King Day
    New moisturising creme for my poor overworked hands.

4. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

After my tie splurge of last year, I realised I still needed a black grenadine tie, so ordered that a couple of days ago and it arrived today. That's it; no more ties for a while now! :D

5. Holdfast

After my tie splurge of last week, I realised I still needed a black grenadine tie, so ordered that a couple of days ago and it arrived today. That's it; no more ties for a while now! :D

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  6. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Gas for the car (ouch), a matinee ticket, a small popcorn and a small drink. And apparently, "small" now means "small bucket."

So, basically, I spent a good amount of money today and don't have much to show for it.

7. Holdfast

^ if you kept the container, at least you still have a small bucket. That's useful.

8. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

That's one of the reasons I haven't gone to the movies in ages. It's just too expensive for movies that are usually only mediocre at best.

9. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

Ken Follett's world without end.

10. Holdfast

I bought a life-changing cake today.

My local deli/cafe always has little home-baked treats; brownies, madeleines, cupcakes and so on and so forth. But I'd never had a financier before today. My god, they are so awesome. They're similar to a madeleine, but a richer, crumblier texture and a much deeper flavour. What a glorious little treat.

How have I not been aware of them before now? I feel I've wasted years of my life... :lol:

11. ElBurro

ElBurro Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Went on a bit of a shopping spree today :) Purchases were half girlie, half geeky! Got myself a couple of pairs of jeans and a couple of tshirts, some foundation, face powder and nail polish, a book about physics, a copy of Rendezvous with Rama by Arthur C Clarke and some Lego for nephews birthday. Also bought myself lunch and a cinema ticket for Source Code (not a bad film actually :) ).

Favourite purchase made today was actually bought by my brother but it was a birthday present for me so it still counts (plus it's awesome). And here it is...

[​IMG]

12. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

I have just ordered Madagascar

[​IMG]

It is a three part documentary (on two discs) and it narrated by Sir David Attenborough. As an extra it has the Attenborough and the Giant Egg documentary which is about the Elephant Bird.

13. John O.

John O. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I bought a straight razor, think I'm gonna try out this whole straight razor shaving thing. Any men (or women?) here use a straight razor instead of a disposable? I bought a cheap one that was like $10. It seems like there's a massive price gap. There are these sort of cheap ones like $10 and then uber super duper designer ones for $400, not even kidding.

14. Holdfast

I keep meaning to learn one day, but never ever get round to it. It takes a bit of time and effort to learn, and, well, I'm very lazy.

It annoys me that barbers in this country aren't allowed to use straight razors any more due to health regs. Once in a while it was nice to get a proper shave from them. The only place I hear where you can get this now is Trumpers, because they have this charade that it's actually a teaching session, which is permitted... :vulcan:

I also hear that Badger & Blade and The Shaving Room are decent online forums to get advice. Have fun, and go slow the first few times!

15. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Movie tickets and lunch at 59 Diner.

16. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

Same here. These days i'll only go if it is a movie that "must" be seen on a big screen...and only if it has been around for a few weeks so i know it won't be a complete dog. Plus the fact that movies are out on dvd so quickly now, it almost isn't worth spending the big bucks to go. We have a decent television and sound system, so waiting is fine by me. Not to mention i prefer being in my jammies while i lay on the couch and watch! :lol:

17. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

A one gallon jug and a couple bags of jellybeans.

18. TrekkieMonster

TrekkieMonster Commodore Commodore

PhotoShop CS5 (special discount as an upgrade from PS Elements) and Lightroom 3 (discounted with purchase of CS5.)

Now I just have to figure out how the hell to use them both. :rofl:

19. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

i don't know what a madeleine is like. Must google. And a financier? That's a little cake or cookie?

I've yet to try "red velvet" cake. I have a feeling i'll love it. Just what i need!

20. Eleanor_zhDarjel

Eleanor_zhDarjel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

in the year of the flood, St. Stephen King Day
    A perfume for my mom. Vanilla. Just a little treat.