All the Doctors in one.

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Venardhi, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Bored last night, and inspired by someone else's recent efforts to do the same with Bruce Wayne, I combined all the faces of the doctors in a face-mergy thing to see what the 'essential' doctor might look like. Turns out, he looks kind of like Liam Neeson:

[​IMG]

I then roughly pasted the face on a a suitable head:

[​IMG]

And that was about it.

Enjoy.

If I get some more time/inclination I might try polishing it up a bit, altering the face to better represent the shape of the composite, but the image is so low quality it may not be worth really investing in it.

2. Mitty

Mitty Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow. How'd you do it? I love stuff like this... he looks like a very interesting character. Shame he's not actually real!

3. Venardhi

A combination of morphthing and photoshop.

4. 3chordboy

3chordboy Commander Red Shirt

surely that means the last Doctor HAS to be...David Morrissey ;)

[​IMG]

5. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Hm, sort of halfway between neeson & Colin Firth...

6. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

That's a Simon Baker head 'n shoulders, innit?

7. Venardhi

It is. I softened his jawline and made a few other changes so as not to let his features impact the face too much, but the hair is a pretty dead giveaway.

8. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Interesting how the multiple "backgrounds" surrounding the composite Doctor's face in that first image resembles (to me at least) regeneration energy or a "zoom: effect for an opening credits sequence.

Has anyone seen the video clip that "blends" doctors Hartnell through Tennant into a composite. Similar concept, but animated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BEFOe57kEY

Sincerely,

Bill

9. chardman

chardman Vice Admiral In Memoriam

Looks an awful lot like this guy.
    [​IMG]
    Colin Firth.

10. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

What strikes me about seeing that is how SUBTLE some of the key and defining differences in features between people are.

11. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

If someone asked me what a Doctor would look like if he didn't have the appearance of any we knew, that'd pretty much be it. Really cool, thanks for posting.

12. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

We now need a movie with Colin Firth as the Doctor, who gets killed halfway through and regenerates into a Liam Neeson badass to beat the bad guys...

13. All-Seeing I

All-Seeing I Commander Red Shirt

Kinda reminded me of Ian Chesterton...

14. gastrof

gastrof Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You know, River said she was "concentrating on a dress size". Romana was able to change her form several times before the regeneration settled in (apparently without using up extra regenerations), even CHOOSING the face she ended up with.

Is it possible the Doctor might be able, if he has the time and circumstances, to CHOOSE his next face? In that case, might he, on whimsy, CHOOSE David Morrissey's face?

15. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

IF Eleven had that level of control, for various reasons, the face to emerge on the other side of that orange light - complete with ginger hair - would more likely be that of Karen Gillan.

16. Venardhi

I hope not. I liked his character in The Next Doctor but I don't think he has enough 'Doctor-iness' for a full-time gig.

17. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Commander Red Shirt

More fun if the fake Doctor was retconned into the real Doctor somehow.

18. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There was also the Master in "Utopia", who specifically aimed for a "young and strong" body like the Doctor's.

I think the general idea (if unstated) is that in the best of circumstances Time Lords do have some level of control over their next appearance. But with his dangerous, adventurous lifestyle, the Doctor doesn't usually have the time or concentration to think about it too much, and pretty much ends up with what he ends up with.

"Still not ginger."

19. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, that's the way I've always justified it to myself. The Doctor typically regenerates from a fatal event (Bad fall, Poison, getting shot, nuked, etc)

20. beneldon

beneldon Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I always figured that young Time Lords had that control as it was their first regen, thought the Doctor runs into someone on Gallifrey who spoke of his regen design matter-of-factly so perhaps there is a degree to which they can control the process but as the Doctor has a somewhat chaotic lifestyle, it seems reasonable to assume he can't really control his.