Starship Exeter: Countdown

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by GSchnitzer, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is great! I can't wait till their next episode!

:borg:

2. jerrspud

jerrspud Cadet Newbie

It is great news, but I don't think there will be more. Did I read somewhere they sold all their sets?

3. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There were outlines and early script drafts on their website a few years ago, but that's all been taken down. Their bridge set ended up in Oklahoma and is used by an outfit called Starbase studios. They recently shot bridge scenes for the Yorktown fan film, and are in various stages for two other projects.

I'd like it if they ever did another episode with these specific characters, but it doesn't appear likely...

4. jerrspud

jerrspud Cadet Newbie

There used to be stuff on their site about Atlantis as the next episide

5. IcecreamLtDan

IcecreamLtDan Captain Captain

That was a looooong time ago too. I'm pretty sure at this point that Jimm and Joshua have moved on from that. I can't speak for them of course, but I've got the impression that there won't be any more Exeter, at least not with this cast.

6. Captain Randy Hall

Captain Randy Hall Commodore Commodore

Well, what do you know? I might actually live long enough to see the episode finally concluded....

7. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

There were a lot of episode ideas on the site (and on Dennis' old message board) but some were precisely that, just ideas. I know there were even a few people like Robert Simmons, who were in the process of pitching their own stories as well. Off the top of my head, the only ones I can remember though were the official "Exeter" stories -- "The Most Deadliest Game," "The Last Battle," and "The Atlantis Invaders."

Add me to the list of people who would have liked to see all of these made, but especially "Atlantis Invaders" -- Maurice's take on the story was just brilliant.

I'm sure you are just kidding, Randy. There was never any danger of the project not being finished. It was simply a matter of when it would be.

8. Captain Randy Hall

Captain Randy Hall Commodore Commodore

>>I'm sure you are just kidding, Randy. There was never any danger of the project not being finished. It was simply a matter of when it would be.<<

Well, half-joking. Exeter started at about the time New Voyages/Phase II got underway, and I felt they both had the same high level of quality. I'm still looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  9. Duane

Duane Captain Captain

I would love to know more about "Atlantis Invaders." Is there anything out there? I'm working on a script just for kicks (non-Trek) which also has an invader element to it, and some inspiration would help a lot right now.

10. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You can find out some bits about the aborted Atlantis Invaders within THIS thread
    http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=76831

and there have been mentions and bits in Exeter's Facebook page (I'd link it but I don't know if we're allowed)

From what i saw, the episode had nothing to do with invasions as you might like...

11. Duane

Duane Captain Captain

Thanks, Bixby.

12. YJAGG

YJAGG Captain Captain

kudos to them they did / are doing more than most

13. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

From Facebook:

14. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

:beer:Great job Maurice!!!!!! Thank you very much for your work. I'll have to look up Scott because I need to buy him a beer when you finish this. What the heck, I'll buy you one also.

15. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

What? ONLY 10 years?! ;) haha feels like a bit longer :lol:

16. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Rice Admiral Premium Member

Squeeee!! :bolian: